Leave Austria to me!

>Leave Austria to me!

Is that Luigi “give me back my legions!” Cadorna?

>now, where did i put that plan?

Some say the battle of the Isonzo rages on to this day

If anything, Luigi was determined. He wouldn't have abandoned Germania because of three lost legions.

Because he wouldn't even consider those legions, he saw soldiers who died without achieving victory as cowards without determination.

>Cadorna vs Von Holtzendorf
Im not sure whether to deem it an adorable retard fight, or so cringeworthy as to kill anyone that views it.

mamamia

I still don't understand exactly why the Italians joined the Entente instead of remaining in the Alliance; or, for that matter, why they even joined in the first place.

Legions are actually more expensive than infantry divisions because of the heavy armor. Modern infantry was essentially an ascended light infantry, spammed in mass quantities.

"Austro-Hungarians? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them. You see, Austro-Hungarians only had so much ammunition. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they ran out of ammunition and surrendered. Petain, show them the medal I won."

Made me chuckle

Muh terra irredenta

Couldn't Austria have promised to give them French land? I know Savoy used to be Italian.

savoy was italian until the italian monarch granted it to Napoleon III in exchange for help against the Austrians for Lombardy... can you see the irony of your statement now?

piedmontese monarch*

The shit france had was small, a bit of alps land and some turf with a port, while, taking clays in austria would grow them by like a 6th, and have them surrounding the adriatic. Them's good eats.

Savoy was in the hands of the house of savoy but it was "french"
Nizza and Corsica are another thing

why do people meme so much about this when it's not like the western front moved that much either during the war?

Why is Milhouse not a meme? There's no need for a reason.
Cadorna is grossly maligned on this board, because people don't really understand that he was practicing standard military doctrine of the period, as retarded as it looks to us, plus he had a slew of issues worsening the situation, from extremely harsh terrain to a strongly nepotistic officer corps, to his own inexperience as an actual leader of men (the italian high command pretty much disintegrated in the years running up to the war due to sickness and political bullshit), and more shit.
Was he a mediocre? Yes.
Was he a retard? Fuck no.

>attack eleven times without gaining an advantage
>krauts go on the offensive once and your entire front collapses so hard that France and Britain have to divert forces to keep your country from being overrun
What did he mean by this?

>France and Britain have to divert forces to keep your country from being overrun
The Piave front stabilized weeks before the allied troops arrived user.

Yeah, cuz the g*rmans decided to stop moving forwards lol

They stopped when they lost this fucking battle user.

and also the italians imported the vaste majority of their food and steel from britain and france
and also the italians had some indipendence wars against the austrians,just 50 years before ww1
and also the french alps are waaaay worse as a battle theater than the austrian alps

Cadorna is probably how a casual strategy gamer would perform in an actual war.

>autistic slap fight ensues

>mfw reading about the battles of Isonzo
>mfw all those casualties

must've been complete madness

Good luck, according to history books, while most of the Imperial and Royal Army was off fighting the Russians, the Italians invaded and their army was stopped in its tracks in the Alpine passes by Austrian civilian rifle clubs. I think I read that in John Keegan's WWI history.

Tyrolean Jagers

Lel, why didn't Otto just come from Below, what a loser LMAO

Yeah, you really don't wanna fucking have a fight on your hands against professional hunters in the mountains or snow. See: G*rmans in Norway, S*viets in Binland, Brits in Boerlandia.