Dark Ages

What truly caused it?

What ended it?

>What truly caused it?
G*rm
>What ended it?
Italian

Not entirely positive, but I want to say the black death had at least a part in ending it

>What truly caused it?
The fall of the roman empire in the west.
>What ended it?
When people finally gathered enough food to advance to the feudal age.

>What ended it?

The Roman Empire was replaced by a bunch of tribes. They eventually turned into stable kingdoms but it took a while for them to stop being barbarians. Progress was slowed by invasions from Slavs/Vikings/Magyars/Arabs. Europe got stabilized around 1000 AD and that's when education, science, and art started improving.

Close, but the end of the dark ages and start of the high middle ages was ushered in by the French in the form of the Carolingian renaissance.

>Caused.
The breakdown of central authority.
>Ended.
The reemergence of central authority.

ME POOED IN THE SKY LOLOL

School must have let out for christmas early.

We adults are trying to shitpost here.

MY POO SHALL BLOCK OUT THE SUN

Explains the Dark Ages I guess.

>what caused it
it didn't exist. unless you're referring to the misconception that the historical era following the fall of the western roman empire was somehow backwards and regressive; this fallacy was fabricated by secularist "philosophers"

t. Retard who thinks the medieval ages were more prosperous than the classical era

t. retard who thinks muh economy is the only thing that matters

Any normal person would prefer to live in something that is prosperous like Rome, as opposed to something such as Saxony, where you're at constant risk of being invaded, or killed by knights. Whilst still having to work as a slave for your god-forsaken king

>he thinks dark ages refers to the standard of living
what an asinine comment

False premise. The Dark Ages carries a terribly negative and undeserved connotation.

The WRE collapses and was replaced by petty kingdoms.
These kingdoms, cut off from the transnational trade networks that served the Romans so well, regressed to a state of autonomous self-dependence.
In such an environment, higher intellectual pursuits were simply not feasible, aside from those carried out by the clergy.
Charlemagne united these petty kingdoms, but within two generations his work was undone.
His was the last attempt to restore the bureaucratic and state apparatus inherited by the Germanics from the Romans.
In its place, a new method of civilization arose in Western Europe.

Dark ages did have an economic slowdown, some scientist meauserued ice cores and their theory is that the decline in copper found was because of the fall of the Roman Empire

Yeah.. they mentioned this in "Why Nations Fail" book

Romans could no longer protect their trade routes, Roman "globalization" collapsed, people became more isolated and traded less, armies couldn't be as large, power could no longer be so centralized and had to be replaced with feudalism

That's a meme dude