Segwit2x fork. Is it Satan's plan to destroy BTC?

Hi Veeky Forums,

Cryptonoob here wondering about all the fud surrounding the November fork.

Why is it such a big deal?
What does it mean for BTC?
Is BCH going to the moon in the meantime and why?
Should we all sell btc at the end of October and buy back mid November?

fuckin satan

Satan reporting here

Ywp

And what about that btc gold thingy???

Bch will go down, two more forks coming. Hold your btc.

You means, the BTC fork to the equihash algo, started by an equihash asic vendor ?

What part of noob didn't you understand? :p

:p

bch is going to shit

don't sell your btc. ever.

The November fork is basically a corporate take over attempt to inflict maximum damage to real Bitcoin.

I forgot to add, the only good part about the November fork, is that if you are holding BTC at the time, you will get an equal amount of fork coins you can sell on an exchange for a 10 to 20% gain on your BTC holdings.

any predictions for bitcoin gold in the meantime? They are trying to sell it for 10 to 1 btc in a pre mined ICO so it might potentially have a $400 value for a little bit right?

how do you get the free coin? being in blockchain enough?

it depends where you are keeping your bitcoin

the best thing is to mail whatever service you are using (if you are using any) to ask them about if or when they will give you your fork coins. It will most likely be handled the same way as the Bcash fork (but maybe not.)

For instance, Ledger and Trezor implemented a way for their users to get their fork coins pretty quickly.

But coinbase still hasn't given their users their Bcash forked coins. It really depends on the service you use.

Alternatively, if you keep your coins (your private keys) yourself, you will most likely be able to claim your forked coins yourself, this also happened when Bcash forked and you could claim your Bcash by importing your private key into a bcash wallet like Electron Wallet

small tip: get on twitter, it's better at keeping you up to date with this stuff than Veeky Forums

Here's some recommended follows and you can set your own path from there

@WhalePanda
@WorldCryptoNet

I would give you a bigger list but it would get really time consuming

thanks user. I wasn't here for the bcash fork

Watch NYA signers suffer from fatal "accidents" soon.

Honestly, the fork is a really good idea. BTC is flagship, but it cannot get to DOWJ industrial levels of value per coin, that's simply unrealistic for a large segment of the population that wants to invest in it. Amateur day-traders, college students, kids, the average joes who have been pushed to unstable alternatives like LTC, ETH, and other smaller coins. BTC 2 way split into BTC and BTCalpha or whatever it will be, will likely cause a momentary dip, but potentially result in a coin that is double if not triple it's current value as it is *potential* that within a year, both stems will be worth roughly what a standard BTC is now, if not more.

Maybe I'm thinking in a neoclassical sense about a new type of market, but I don't foresee this being too harmful in anything but an immediate reactionaries sense.

As soon as this fork starts to really close in you'll see news outlets like Bitcoin Magazine and Cointelegraph release articles on how to get your forked coins, and you'll see more companies issue statements on how they will handle the fork and issuance of the fork coins to their users

why exchanges embrace this fork shit everytime by creating usdt pairs? how is it different from any other shitcoin that has to start on one shit-tier exchange and earn it's way up?

bitcoin is a tree not a branch

Someone give ma quick rundown or better a few links.

I only ever see opinions on 2x, but never real arguments and infos.

Why do people think 2x will kill bitcoin?