Post your latest Veeky Forums pick ups

post your latest Veeky Forums pick ups

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fOV6TYr2f7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My old professor recommended this to me but I've seen a lot of other academics slam it pretty hard. Hopefully I'll find out for myself.

Yard sale pick up.

A wicked war was the only one I knew beforehand.

Napoleon was only 10$ thanks to Black Friday fuckery. So I’m happy

I am currently reading Napoleon. Good book.

>Wicked war
>Greenberg
Burn it

HAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAGA LOL T. JEW AMIRITE PRAYSE TRUMP MY GERMANIG

What a coincidence I also just picked that book up. I was recommended it after I read Spinning History by Nathanial Lande, about world war two propaganda

Read that a few years back, it was good. Going to reread it at some point in 2018.

This is what I am currently reading.
I don't have any recent purchases as my backlog right now has around 20 or so books (the others are geared towards Veeky Forums.)

mkay

This is my current backlog. I've posted this around Veeky Forums before. I'm working on it, rather slowly.

next up is either Forgotten Soldier or Battle for Belorussia

Was thinking of picking up Battle for Belorussia, didn't realize it was that THICC

Bump

>post your latest Veeky Forums pick ups
oh my sweet chiled

I bought that book at an airport and it made me a temporary Byzboo

Recently read a book on Sparta, the Winter War and Sun and Steel, but the last one is more /fitlit/ than Veeky Forums. Currently reading an old (10-20 years) book on the first civilizations though.

giv napoleon book

Is this any good? As a Greek it seems interesting.

MY Friend don't you realise BEING A BYZABOO is being right ? Byzantium is the best empire to have ever existence and no one can tell me otherwise.

It covers the entire wars from 1828-1921. It's written in that dry writing style, but it does suck you in. The large majority of the book deals with the World War One Front and covers a little bit after what happens after Nov. 1917 and the Sovietization of Transcacasia. I should warn you though, the book is expensive, my copy was 65USD.

Bump

rate my Gibbon, NO bullying

>Completely out of order
Sort it out.

Kill yourself retarded Byzaboo subhuman

I put the ones I've read in the back as I mow through it
bogged down on 3 at the minute

Last one I bought is this. Great stuff, Le Goff is pretty much the OG of the modern (francophone) study of the Middle Ages.

bought this but I think it got lost in the mail, tho.

youtu.be/fOV6TYr2f7Y

Going all out on Late Antiquity. Getting the first two of pic related for Christmas, and saving up for the third.

Looking forward to finish it before the exam period. Some recomendations to follow up?

are those flags about russian counties?

$12 thrift

That's the Flag of Minsk.

>Smith, The World's Religions
That's a pretty good score, user. Very well known book and author, it's pretty much considered a must-read for anyone studying comparative religion.

>Pritchard ANE
Mah nigga

Dont worry I was in your shoes once, enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Bump

Shut up kike, maybe your kin should work harder to be less transparent.

>GUYS I SWEAR THE LATE ROMANS USED THIS COMPLEX SYSTEM OF BORDER DEFENCE BASED ON TIERS OF MANPOWER AND EXPERIENCE
>yeah there's no archaeological or textual evidence to support it BUT IT'S TRUE!!! MAINSTREAM HISTORIANS OF LATE ANTIQUITY BTFO!!!!
What did Luttwak mean by this?

Recently read this guy's book on the 30 Years War as well, was pretty good.

>reading out of order

about halfway through it, fascinating man really

Is there any value in reading anything other than original sources (aside from convenience)? It’s much cheaper (since they’re generally available as free PDFs online) and the texts are more detailed than any summary or analysis would be.

The average person isn't equipped to historiographically analyse primary sources.

Look at Vegetius' De Re Militari. Most of it is incorrect, Vegetius wasn't a historian and he had never been in the military, but if you just read it by itself you'd never know that.

This seems like the only good thread to post this and i dont want to make a new one just for this
Can anyone help me identify these runes?

read to my grandchild one day tier

They look like initials. Where is the knife from?

I live in the usa
My grandmas rentor ownes the knifes before him and his family dissapeared without a trace, not even taking anything from the house

Eastern usa btw

Patrician

Bump