Did contemporaries of Mehmed take his title of 'Qayser-i Rûm' (Caesar of Rome) seriously?

Did contemporaries of Mehmed take his title of 'Qayser-i Rûm' (Caesar of Rome) seriously?

Certainly none of the subjugated Byzantines, Greeks or Slavs did. And certainly no one in the west did, but what of the people in the Ottoman Empire?

The title doesn't seem to be one that is passed down, so I can only assume no one else took the title to be legitimate.

Recognized by the Orthodox church and Christian subjects of the Ottoman Empire, actually.

Mehmed, at the very least, had some lineage to Byzantine emperors, unlike German Kaisers.

>Did contemporaries of Mehmed take his title of 'Qayser-i Rûm' (Caesar of Rome) seriously?
No.
Christians for example called Mehmed II "lowly Scythian boy".

Also Ottoman Sultans didn't give a fuck about it either. They just used it one of their titles. There were 3 main titles. Padishah (Great Shah), Han (Khan) and Sultan.

used it as one of their titles*
Also Mehmed II was a respected ruler among Turks. Turks have been trying to conquer Istanbul since Kılıj Arslan. Kılıj Arslan also tried to conquer Istanbul but he had to deal with Great Seljuks and Crusaders.

>Kılıj Arslan

No, he was a friend of Alexios, Alexios even returned his wife to him, without ransom, after she was captured by the crusaders.

You're a fucking mouth breathing water gargling faggot
That title was only accepted by the PATRIARCHATE OF CONSTANTINOPLE who fucking no one took seriously, not the entire greek church. Mehmed had lineage to byzantine emperors like i have lineage to your moms asshole
Eat shit and die faggot
>Pic relate is you

>when you're such a fucking Romeaboo you briefly consider actually converting to Christianity upon conquering Costantinople
Mehmed was Veeky Forums incarnate

Source?

Mehmed ran away when Vlad III attacked his camp at targoviste

>Ottomans take millions of south European slaves
>Killed, burned and destroyed villages in whole Romania because of Vlads uprising
>Vlad is a bitch, changes sides
>Nobody trusts him
>Is killed in the end
>His head is sent to Constantinople
>Ottomans conquer Romania again, and make Romanians their bitches a second time

A fine leader, this Vlad. Even of non-Romanian origin.(The Basarap dynasty was of Pecheneg Origin. Pechenegs are Oghuzes, like the Ottoman Kayi dynasty.)

>it's been almost 600 years
>roaches are still mad about based Vlad Tepes
WEW
E
W

A better leader than Mehmed. A braver one.

He attacked his camp with much smaller number and personally lead the charge while Mehmed ran away screaming leaving his soliders confused and unable to fight well.

Turks brag about not being able to defeat a man who had a 5 times smaller army consisting of peasants.

Resorting to paying off Vlad`s bodyguard to backstabb him for money and then bragging about it.

So much for the T*rk bravery

Vlad was a Turk, you ignorant.
And what did he gain? His country was still conquered, and it is now shithole. And still, Vlads had no honour, attacking in the night, and dressed as Ottomans.

If Vlad, a non European Turk, a man with no honour, who achieved nothing, left a destroyed land behind him, is the only leader you can be proud of, I am sorry for you.

WEW
EWE
WEW

>Turks trying to ambush Vlad for not paying Jizyah
>Get ambushed instead
>Make up a story about how Vlad nailed Turbans on their emmissaries heads because he was a mean islamophobe

Wew a sneaky lying Turk talking about honour.

>That title was only accepted by the PATRIARCHATE OF CONSTANTINOPLE who fucking no one took seriously, not the entire greek church.
It was the entire Greek church (all Greek lands were its' territory), and the prime seat of an Orthodox church.
>Mehmed had lineage to byzantine emperors like i have lineage to your moms asshole
He was direct descendant of Komnenoi emperors.
>You're a fucking mouth breathing water gargling faggot
Wow, so angry and so retarded you are.

>Descendant of komnenoi emperors
WE

>He was direct descendant of Komnenoi emperors.
retarded cracker

The Ottoman rulers merely called themselves "Qayser-i Rum" because they DID conquer what was considered Roman territory.

The Ottoman ruler basically collected titles of the lands he has subjugated, but his ultimate title is an Iranic one: Padishah. Meaning "Emperor."