What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC259165/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nativity and responsibility.

Why did anyone take him seriously when he had that shitstain on his forehead? I would immediately start cracking up whenever he held a speech somewhere.

I sympathise a lot with Gorbachev, I honestly believe he wanted to make the USSR a better place to live.

Too bad he was a naive fucking idiot and Perestroika and Glasnost were hilariously incompetent and absolutely fucking retard tier policies.
USSR very likely would be around today and be a even better version of China if anything resembling actual decent reform was carried out.

it hurts so much

>and be a even better version of China if anything resembling actual decent reform was carried out.

I don't get why there aren't Bukharinboos when he was the mastermind behind the NEP and Deng Xiaopings reforms were based on Bukharin's work.

To quote Lenin's final letter as well which absolutely shit on Trotsky, Stalin and pretty much all the other Bolsheviks:

>I wish to say a few words about Bukharin and Pyatakov. They are, in my opinion, the most outstanding figures (among the youngest ones), and the following must be borne in mind about them: Bukharin is not only a most valuable and major theorist of the Party; he is also rightly considered the favourite of the whole Party, but his theoretical views can be classified as fully Marxist only with great reserve, for there is something scholastic about him (he has never made a study of the dialectics, and, I think, never fully understood it) ... Both of these remarks, of course, are made only for the present, on the assumption that both these outstanding and devoted Party workers fail to find an occasion to enhance their knowledge and amend their one-sidedness.

Imagine if Bukharin somehow got to power and kept perfecting the NEP like China has done with Deng Xiaoping theory (and remember Xiaoping theory is legit copy-pasted from Bukharin) the USSR would have been fucking unstoppable.

All the teasing about having a map of the Philippines tattooed on his head probably impacted his abillity to rule wisely.

Too many half measures, too much faith in rhetoric. He probably needed to let the republics go off and do their own thing, and do it abruptly, while taking an iron hand in Russia proper.

Being a filthy tucking revisionist traitor to his people. And causing the deaths of roughly 25 million that wouldn'tve happened in the USSR. All he's missing is a bullet in his birth marked forehead

>And causing the deaths of roughly 25 million that wouldn'tve happened in the USSR.
Literally what?

Using the same techniques that Anglo historians use on the USSR/China, Russian historians did the same on Russia during the 1990s and The US Depression and found that "25 million" in Russia had "died" during the 90s and 12 million had died in the US during the great depression.

This is because "Died" is really a misnomer when it's used to say "Mao killed 40 million", what Maoist or say Stalinist policy resulted in for a time is collapsing birthrates, so you can project from birthrates from say pre-GLF to the modern day and say 40 more million people would exist today if it wasn't for the GLF, thus Mao killed 40 million people. (when the death rate for the GLF is 25.4:1000 meaning it's more likely the GLF led to around 10-12 million "missing" either dying or emigrating as refugees)

Looking at birthrates pre 1990s Russia, 25 million more would exist today if the 1990s didn't happen. 12 million more would exist today if the Great Depression didn't happen.

Not by his order ofc. Not what I'm saying. In the one year span after the dissolution of the Union, there were 7 million excess deaths related to disease, starvation, and violence than there were in normal Soviet demographics. By now, the toll caused by a lack of social programs, medical care, policing, rule of law, and food

I never heard of Bukharin. I've heard about Deng Xiaoping though.
Give some facts here about him while I'm out and having a look at who this guy was though user.

>client states telling the CCCP to fucking get lost and abandoning gobbunism.
>economy in taters because oil and gas prices are low and can no longer import food. trading away warships for pepsi.
>want to reform economy to get things going again.
>hardliners arrest you and try to coup
>yeltsin beats them to the punch and declares russian independence.

Do you have any sources you can link? I'd like to see how the math all works out.

>In the one year span after the dissolution of the Union, there were 7 million excess deaths related to disease, starvation, and violence than there were in normal Soviet demographics.
Hate to repeat myself, but: sources? Obviously it was very rough period that was handled badly, not disputing that for one second, but that number is millions higher than any of the estimates I've seen. To say nothing of the 25 million overall number, which sounds frankly absurd.

For instance, while I'm not going to pretend I have sources on this lying around, here's one I found just now:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC259165/
>The increase in mortality over the period 1992-2001 is likely to have led to 2.5-3 million extra deaths in young and middle aged Russian adults.
Now, obviously that's not the full picture, since it's talking about JUST RUSSIA and not the other post-Soviet states, and "young and middle aged Russian adults", while the majority, don't constitute the entire population. But then again, it's talking about the entire period from '92-'01, not just the first year. Even if you double those numbers, and, for the hell of it, tack on an extra 4 million, assuming that death rates in the less-developed post-Soviet states were higher, you still don't get anywhere near 25 million.

I just don't see how you can get that number unless you do some really dodgy math to make a political point. Regardless, I'd still love to see those sources.

Apologies, 25 million was my guess based off of the 7 mil from 91-92,and stabilization decreasing the rate in post Soviet counties. Do not have source on 25mil.but if you look at overall population of the USSR compared to the total population of breakup States combined, its fairly easy. I remember a lot of those being due to starvation, disease, and violence due to a UN study. Again, sorry I've forgotten where I found it

Well, from a Russian perspective, he paved the way for the dissolution of their hard-won and ancient empire. There are probably a lot of Russky thinkers today who are like "tf, dude, where's muh Ukraine, Kazakistan, etc. That man, his fault!".

Victim of circumstance. The USSR already had tons cracks before he went in, the just reached critical mass by the time he was in office. His reforms only delayed the inevitable.

>Perfecting the NEP

Wouldn't do shit. Sorry, but rich faggots burning their money away at balls and restaurants are shitty foundament for an industial nation.

Andropov would gladly fill those cracks with the blood of every unloyal faggot, had he not kick the bucket.

>This is because "Died" is really a misnomer when it's used to say "Mao killed 40 million", what Maoist or say Stalinist policy resulted in for a time is collapsing birthrates, so you can project from birthrates from say pre-GLF to the modern day and say 40 more million people would exist today if it wasn't for the GLF, thus Mao killed 40 million people. (when the death rate for the GLF is 25.4:1000 meaning it's more likely the GLF led to around 10-12 million "missing" either dying or emigrating as refugees)
(not true, by the way)
when you apply the "loss in birth rate = death" logic to the Great Leap Forward it goes up to like 70 or 80 million

He was fucking based. He freed the Baltics and the rest of the east from r*ssian oppression.

Lack of support for hardline communism. He didn't realise like the rest of the Premiers before that a strong hand is necessary to keep a state such as the USSR together. Playing nice ruined it.

Even Russians like this guy.

>this is what commies actually believe

Russians fucking hate him along with Yeltsin, stop talking out your ass.

His economic reforms were a failure, but biggest reason was the political/social liberalization. These two in tandem caused the collapse of USSR.
He wasn't a bad man, he had good intentions, and he undertook a very difficult task. But he bit more than anyone could chew.
Andropov or even Romanov would probably do a better job, opting for limited reforms, cracking down on corruption, and maintaining a tight grip in society.
Gorbachev was too liberal and weak-handed. He was also unlucky, Chernobyl was a disaster from every angle.

They don't hate him, they just see him as a failure.
Both Gorbachev and especially Yeltsin enjoyed the wide support of Russians.
Funny how everyone ignores this.
Like this guy above pushing the retarded meme that "USSR was just a disguised Russian Empire". That's just rubbish.

How about actually educating yourself, brainlet?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fgm14D1jHUw

This is still one of the most surreal things I've ever seen.

Herpes, trust me.

>we live in the timeline where Königsberg is a Russian city but Kiev isn't