Historic Religious Texts, Update 58

Hello Veeky Forums, been a long minute since the last update. Today I present to you some texts from the Neoplatonic, Gnostic, and pre-Lurianic eras. Some of this knocks out texts on my acquisition lists which I will post in the next reply.

mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Gnostic Studies
"Nag Hammadi Library". A brief and rather nude translation of the Nag Hammadi texts of all codices, I through XIII plus, Berolinensis Gnosticus 8502. Think it's the Robinson collection so translations vary and are without notes.

>Kabbalah
Old Testament Psuedoepigraphia: Vol 1 Apocalyptic Literature and Testaments. Some of the translations are a wee bit dodgy, but it's the only place to get all the Enochs and all the Esdras in one volume.
Mystical Prayer in Ancient Judaism.
Apocalyptic and Merkavah Mysticism
Shi'ur Komah - Mystical Shape of the Godhead
Peering Through the Lattices: Mystical, Magical, and Pietistic Dimensions in the Tosafist Period

>Neoplatonism
Julian (The Apostate): Orations Vol I (From Constantinus to Mother of the Gods)
Julian: Orations Vol II (From Uneducated Cynics to Misopogon)
Julian: Vol III (Letters plus "Against the Galileans")

Other urls found in this thread:

bl.uk/on-demand
explore.bl.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?tabs=moreTab&ct=display&fn=search&doc=BLL01015708349&indx=1&recIds=BLL01015708349&recIdxs=0&elementId=0&renderMode=poppedOut&displayMode=full&frbrVersion=&frbg=&&vl(488279563UI0)=any&dscnt=0&scp.scps=scope:(BLCONTENT)&tb=t&vid=BLVU1&mode=Basic&srt=rank&tab=local_tab&dum=true&vl(freeText0)=alpha and omega of initiation&dstmp=1512330117634
bl.uk/on-demand/contact-us
mega.nz/#!s34zQCpb!N-jP3M5M7bWLhlLIgVIwTTbzx_rAFY_36tad03JA6NY
mega.nz/#!tvg1yZBa!tE3oJAWKApy6B1UZzNIcMWfjNP0GHy2vpV93iIMDLc8
mega.nz/#!N7ZDTQiR!6y6aojk7QvISSWHO6cIukETAWijZgTnPN7vZysZFMWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

none of your texts are right. They're all fanfictions. You didn't even label their headers right.

Here's the current acquisition list. It's getting short:

Kalikapurana, tr B.N. Shastri. Sanskrit and English in two volumes. HIGH PRIORITY

"Kaulavali Nirnaya", Arthur Avalon

The Starry Rubric, Alexander Cummins

Aspects of Kashmir Saivism by B.N. Pandit

Spandapradipika A Commentary on the Spandakarika by Bhagavadutpalacarya By Mark S.G. Dyczkowski

Kubjika, Kali, Tripura, and Trika (Publications of the Nepal Research Centre) by Mark S. G Dyczkowski
Manthanabhairavatantram, Kumarikakhandah 12 Vol. The Section Concerning the Virgin Goddess by Mark S. G Dyczkowski

The Merkabah in Rabbinic Literature by David J. Halperin

From Apocalypticism to Gnosticism: Studies in Apocalypticism, Merkavah Mysticism, and Gnosticism by Ithamar Gruenwald

The Revelation of the Secret World: The Beginning of Jewish Mysticism by Joseph Dan

The Gnostic Imagination. Gnosticism, Mandaeism, and Merkabah Mysticism

Hekhalot Zutreti

Sex and Lunar Worship By Ida Craddock, Edited and with an Introduction by Vere Chappell.

Red Flame: Beastly Book of Changes AND/OR Equinox 5:3 – Chinese Mysticism.

?
If the format of any of the titles of my 5600 collection bother you I strongly encourage you DL them and rename them as you please. I often leave texts title-centric because I'm running an archive by topic rather than by author and "obscure academic author A or B" is fundamentally less recognizable than subjects themselves in most cases w/r/t academic uploads.

Bump?

I had the pleasure of watching this in a theater with an audience not long ago.

Nice.
No place near me atm is that classy.

Thank you for this! How long has it taken you to compile all of these sources? What motivated you to? I've never seen a collection like this and so large. What fraction of this have you been able to go through yourself?

Got any information on the Egyptian God Kek? Doing a comic about him.

There is no reliable information on Kek. Anyone telling you otherwise if full of memes and shit. The Ogdoadic system was long dead by the time of the Pyramid and Coffin Texts.

I dunno the library formed out of some old soulseek archives of LHP stuff melded with a reorganized Occult Carrot.

I wanted to make the sort of library that I wished I had quick access to when I was a kid.

At one point I'd read through three quarters but at this point I've only read through maybe two thirds.

I store every books as a hash with the extension (.epub, .pdf, etc.) and use folders with symbolic links to point to them.
This way I can have, for example, one folder with the original Ape's structure, and another one with the files integrated into my personal digital library.
Or if your file system supports it and you have infinite RAM, use deduplication.

Well thanks for the info but I'm not entirely sure why I should be obligated to your file system.

I dun goofed, I should have replied to , not to you.

Word.
Occasionally I feel bad because for years I thoughtlessly used colons properly in book titles, but only recently did I stop doing that as our Windowsfriends can't have filenames with colons.

Someday I should probably go through and fix that but
>5600 books

Write a script to do it, it's really easy. If you don't know how, ask on

To know which ones are affected, open a terminal in your library folder and type
ls -R | grep ":"

>your library folder
Good one, user.
Good one.

I should have said directory of course, bad Windows picked habit. Ha. English is not my first language, and this creates some problems; I seldom think of the word "folder" not as "directory", and of "driver" not as [device] driver. The list is endless: [computer] mouse/hardware/fan... sometimes it hurts to live.

>directory
My point is rather that the library link is VASTLY more organized than my personal collection(s). Someone did a list for me some time ago and I should go dig it up again.

Well if you can move the folders into one megafolder you can run the command and it will apply to all the subfolders, too. You don't have to put all the books into one folder, it can work along a whole nested tree of folders.

Don't you have a local directory from which you sync, with the same structure? What will happen if, like Alexandria's Library, MEGA[upload] goes *poof* up in smoke [again]?

>which you sync
Nope, I usually rename files from austistic strings of numbers and letters to the actual title then upload manually.

If it goes up it goes up. I've got backups for everything it's just disorganized as fuck.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of your magic-related files are available at the Solomon's library?

Are there also primary sources in this library?
Very impressive collection.

>your magic-related files are available at the Solomon's library?
This IS the "Temple of Solomon the King" library.

Shitloads, what exactly are you looking for? I've got Yorke Microfilms and Sloane MSS and Grimoires and translations.

Let me rephrase this, are there any digital books you own that you did not upload to The Temple of Solomon the King Library, my dear Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Federation's United Star-Ship Enterprise?

OH, right.
At the moment I have four files uploaded but not shared, they're special interest things I uploaded for someone who wanted a quick text link and never got integrated. Gordon White, a text on human migration, some buddhism things, a brief text on Haruspex.

Actually I have a hardcopy of Songs of the Witch Woman I've not scanned because it's oversized but otherwise if it's rare I try to scan the fucker into the library.

>if it's rare I try to scan the fucker into the library
I'm fighting here, in this age of the slow motion collapsing worldwide civilization, to get a certain book out of the libraries of the Empire's centers, because the hundred-ish pages book is out of print and not available anywhere else.
Most of it is available on Google through snippets. I'm capturing what's available there, and then going after the rest, asking librarians for pages here and there.
In this age of mad copyrights, you can only get 10 percent of a book from a library. One could go into ten libraries and get the book, if not for two things: I'm from a country distant from these centers and going there is impossible, and there seems to exist some kind of system that tracks copy request to avoid this scheme.
So, in addition to getting it from Google, I will use the ten pages quota to end the job. Then I will have almost the entire book, minus the missing snippets, where I was able to get at least the OCR data through trickery and patience, however this data does not include line breaks, nor formatting like italics, nor diacritics, and it might contain errors.
As the years go by, I will be able to trick librarians into giving me "just one page of the book", and eventually it will be complete.
I already put about over 300 hours into this, and I'm still eight pages away from having at least the text.

Someone saw the book years ago on an online seller for a hundred sterling pounds. But since there isn't another way for me to get it, I'm using the power of autism to acquire my personal "copy".

>because the hundred-ish pages book is out of print and not available anywhere else.
There's a book in the British Library I need, it was only printed for about 80ish copies, iirc.

Not a hundred, a thousand pounds. £ 1,000.
Did you try this?
bl.uk/on-demand

>bl.uk/on-demand
Nuffins.

explore.bl.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/display.do?tabs=moreTab&ct=display&fn=search&doc=BLL01015708349&indx=1&recIds=BLL01015708349&recIdxs=0&elementId=0&renderMode=poppedOut&displayMode=full&frbrVersion=&frbg=&&vl(488279563UI0)=any&dscnt=0&scp.scps=scope:(BLCONTENT)&tb=t&vid=BLVU1&mode=Basic&srt=rank&tab=local_tab&dum=true&vl(freeText0)=alpha and omega of initiation&dstmp=1512330117634

If the book is on their library, send them an email. Explain the situation, that you couldn't find it through the On Demand search, and ask if it is possible to get a quote for the scanning. Since it's old, it should be on public domain.
bl.uk/on-demand/contact-us

It's not old tho, it's a new release of an unpublished early 20th C. text.

I already tried to get them to work something out with interlibrary loan, my uni couldn't facilitate a damn thing.

>Kubjika, Kali, Tripura, and Trika (Publications of the Nepal Research Centre) by Mark S. G Dyczkowski

mega.nz/#!s34zQCpb!N-jP3M5M7bWLhlLIgVIwTTbzx_rAFY_36tad03JA6NY

>Aspects of Kashmir Saivism by B.N. Pandit

mega.nz/#!tvg1yZBa!tE3oJAWKApy6B1UZzNIcMWfjNP0GHy2vpV93iIMDLc8

>Spandapradipika A Commentary on the Spandakarika by Bhagavadutpalacarya By Mark S.G. Dyczkowski

mega.nz/#!N7ZDTQiR!6y6aojk7QvISSWHO6cIukETAWijZgTnPN7vZysZFMWk

When/where did these drop?

What is/ your one favorite thing in this library OP?