I need help

Backstory:
> Born Muslim
> Brought up by Islamic tutor to be honorable and virtuous (later realize she taught me Aristotelian ethics)
> Thought my religion was amazing, and would lead me to be a great person
> Years later, I find out what's actually written in the Quran
> Realize I'm the only one finding extreme faults with Islam among my friends and family
> Realize the hypocrisy of the modern muslim world soon after
> I want to convert to another religion without anyone finding out.

I've been looking into Christianity recently, and I find comfort in reading the Bible, but I am open to reading other religious texts.

What religion should I look into?

>inb4 atheism is the only choice
No thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Platform-Sutra-Sixth-Patriarch/dp/0231083610/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512417242&sr=8-2&keywords=platform sutra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look up Kabane on YouTube. Eastern Christian. I'm Catholic but love his videos

Persuade your families and friends to be more secular and less fundamentalistic. Openly criticize fundimentalism.

If you really are an apostate, don't feel the need to convert to another bananas religion. Read Plato and Plotinus, together with Aristotle they form the part of Abrahamic religion that isn't 'sacrifice your son but don't fuck your daughter but don't ooga booga epic Israelite myths'.

I don't believe for a second that you think the Quran is bananas but the Bible is totally believable. Get the fuck out.

Where do you live
Anyways read up on buddhist and christian faiths
Maybe some chinese shut depending on how oriental your willing to go

The quaren and the bible both have mythical stories
The problem is, a lot of the bible is left up to personal interpretation
A lot of the quaren is just straight up telling you whats right and wrong

You were never Muslim brotherhood
Go be wh*Te on another board

Are you living in Great Britain

The Quran is mandated by God, it is his literal word, i cannot interpret it as anything else

The Bible allows me to interpret the words in whatever way I wish. I'm not tied down to believe in the words so literally.

but im brown

I have read Plato but I'll look into Plotinus, thanks

Any specifics?
Also I was born in Pakistan, but I moved to America when I was a kid

Fuck off self hater

Can u please bring me back into the light of Allah then? If you're gonna hate on me at least try to convince me on why I should stick with Islam.

Because you'll go to hell whitey

This.

Id say orthodox christianity is the way to go. I used to be an atheist and i felt like shit but now that im close to Jesus i feel great.

so just like any other religion? Please give me something that'll make me want to stay with Islam besides instilling me with fear

Can you elaborate? What interested you about Orthodox Christianity?

While my family is less secular, If I abandon Islam publicly, there is no going back. I will be exiled and most likely disowned. I can always criticize Islam, but that would only antagonize them against me

You're just going through your fedora phase, but in an Islamic fashion.
I would however be interested in those extreme faults you found that none of your friends or the modern muslim world is aware of.

I was in a similar situation, but becoming an atheist only made me more reactionary.

hinduism

What ethnicity are you?

>The Bible allows me to interpret the words in whatever way I wish.
The Bible is also the literal word of God. There's a reason that John starts with "the Word was God."

What ethnicity are you? You may want to look into the religion of your ancestors or possibly those upcoming in your contemporaries. As a Christian, I would also recommend researching many of the Christian denominations that existed and still exist in the Middle East

>embracing a religion because your ancestors did too

It's a good place to start reading, my friend. Sharing a cultural affinity to the religion or denomination you plan to convert to helps a lot.

Look into Buddhism.

It has brought to me so much inner peace and realization of a lot of truths.

I recommend you a book called In The Buddha's Words.

And this is coming from someone that has been agnostic for his whole life,and for me Buddhism is not a religion per se,it's a path and a truth to be realized,after doing this you will automaticall trust,thank,and love the Buddha,I think that's why call it a religion.I also am glad that you realized that Islam is just an invention,and it doesn't make sense to ask believers to be agressive and violent towards non muslims.

Allah tells you to conquers and transform non believers,and if they refuse to destroy them,do yourself a favor and don't go back into Islam.

A moral favor,financially it's a bad choice given how radical your family is in religious matters.

>Allah tells you to conquers and transform non believers,and if they refuse to destroy them
[Citation needed]

I guess OP's problem is solved then, since he doesn't care if you aren't a believer

Agreed with this. Read Plato's Republic especially and then look into Artistotle, he had a lot of influence on Christianity and Islam. Don't think swapping out one religion for the next is going to help you, you'll just hop from religion to another soon enough, trust me on that.

>Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zal

>Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

>Quran (8:12) - "(Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels... "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

>Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Tells you to be relentless and violent,can't be a good religion to follow if it asks you to not respect non believers and to either convert them or slay them.Just my opinion.

Any man or woman with a brain can see how these teaching are not healthy at all,and that it can't come from a good non evil source,Islam was just an invention it's clear that it's all made up by another man of no good that asks you to be a fanatic.

Found the retarded muslim,Islam is retarded

>>Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zal

I feel at ease to dismiss you as another clueless moron given how you spout the same meme verse every "ISLAM DEBUNKED" autist does and ignore it's context, now go and read Quran 2:190 and 2:194, 2:195 to realize how dishonest you're being right now.

so you don't want to be an atheist, but you want to believe in Christianity, because it allows you to interpret it in any way you like?

You're a fucking atheist mate, admit it.

If you find the Koran problematic, you’re gonna find the same things in the Bible

I will pass on that one bud,just give me a TL;DR or tell me what it says.

What about the rest,the no mercy for the enemy,it gives a lot of violent vibes,what other religion talks about killing,war,and violence against other people?I think only Islam.

Tell us about the violence in the Hadith then.
>Believe in God
>Want a religion
>"You're an atheist mate admit it"
?????
If anything you should say deist

There are literally different versions of Christianity exploring different interpretations of the Bible.

Okay, I'll look into it. thanks man

If you pull up the whole quote its

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

That doesn't sound like a declaration of God's statement that he speaks the absolute truth.

Honestly that statement is so ambiguous and mystical. How can God be the Word? There are only three ways God manifests. THe Father, The Son, And the Holy Spirit. Only one can literally say words to us, so maybe it's Jesus? Thats my interpretation of that statement

Where do you live?

> (2:191-193)
Mind adding :190 in there too?
>Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not transgressers.
This, combined with the verses that follow it, clearly tell Muslims that they are allowed to war with those who fight them, whilst ORDERING Muslims to cease hostilities with the enemy should they request peace! :190 seems to be omitted so that (what may be interpreted as) Muslim military conduct ("fight in the way of Allah") isn't involved in a person's interpretation of the verses, and so Muslims look more aggressive.

>(4:104)
A word of relief for a Muslim on campaign, as reinforced by the rest of the verse:
>... and ye hope from Allah that for which they cannot hope. Allah is ever Knower, Wise.
The verse seems to be cut up here to make it appear focused only on pain.

>(8:12)
The word of God to the angels who were sent to fight alongside the Muslims, I believe at Badr. And again, a part is skipped to make the verse more menacing. The quote begins with:
>"I am with you, so make those who believe stand firm..."
I personally don't see what all the fuss is about with this verse in particular.

>(8:14-15)
Orders to individuals not to desert in battle. Doesn't literally mean that the army cannot rout or withdraw and that they must fight to the very last man.
The verse commands discipline in soldiers.

Honestly, it feels like people WANT to hate Islam.

To me it seems like you're after some new philosophy rather than a religion.

Also, I thought that pretty much all muslims read the Quran. Is that not the case or are you some kind of exception?

And finally, the bible is worse than the Quran. It's not only terribly repetitive but its teachings are garbage pretty much all the time they aren't no shit sherlock-tier.

Currently in America but I am from Pakistan

Buddhism is good, as is Hinduism and Sikhism, Baha'i might also be up your alley

Don't be a fucking retard.

>finding extreme faults with Islam
You will find similar faults with any other religion. Why bother if you are not willing to really take some giant steps?

Jesus loves you son, you're always welcome in his flock

Jesus is God and it's not like he doesn't communicate directly to us in the Bible. The Bible is the direct word of God written by the Apostles through the Holy Spirit and before that through revelation to the authors of the OT. Don't let armchair theologians on Veeky Forums fool you, it's just as dogmatic about this as Islam.

>I've been looking into Christianity recently, and I find comfort in reading the Bible, but I am open to reading other religious texts.
Are you a Hebrew? If not keep looking.

>He answered, “I was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.”
Matthew 15:24

If you’re finding faults with Islam you’ll find faults with all the others. Just convert to Judaism and watch your family implode for the lolz

why is Veeky Forums of all places defending islam? did the reddit takeover really hit that hard

What is Baha’i? I’ve never heard of it

Just buy and read the Platform Sutra translated by Yampolsky. See if it speaks to you:
amazon.com/Platform-Sutra-Sixth-Patriarch/dp/0231083610/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512417242&sr=8-2&keywords=platform sutra

I always found Platform Sutra better than Dao de Jing or other Buddhist texts.

He said he's form Pakistan, so converting to Hinduism would create a shitstorm in his family

Christianity , Buddhism or Taoism are all good if you want a religion for finding peace.
They all have silly mythos though

You're going through the exact same process Nabeel Qureshi went through, God rest his soul, and wrote about in "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus".

There's a taqiyya team on standby on virtually every social media outlet, 24/7. And they do it for free.

It's a statement about the co-eternality and co-existence of God the Son, Jesus.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word (Logos, Jesus), and the Word (Logos, Jesus) was with God (YHWH the Father), and the Word (Logos, Jesus) was God (YHWH the Son).

>Taoism
dope af

>Orthodox Christianity
entirely patrician

>PIE religion
woke

D
Y
E
U
S

It's a small, rapidly growing religion in the Middle East, relatively recent as far as religions go. I don't know too too much about it so I don't want to start spouting off shit without being entirely educated on the subject.

>I don't want to start spouting off shit without being entirely educated on the subject
where do you think you are?

that depends what kind of Christianity you go with, the Catholics and some other sects have pretty strict official interpretations

Okay you're right, I'm sorry. Baha'i is the religion of peace that Islam thinks it is.

> I want to convert to another religion without anyone finding out.

From this I knew you were from USA even before finding your post admitting so. You guys have a weird attitude towards religion

you don't "shop" for religion, fucking hell stop americanize everything you get your hand on.

Nondenominationalism > all

Sikhism. Literally the most ideologically sound and badass religion there is.

what's wrong with atheism?

It's a vacuum of ideas.

Is that just an elaborate way of saying "it sucks"?

I respect atheism, but I don't believe that there is no God. That's all to it really. I dont want to practice what I dont believe

Religion is a limit to the intellect. Good for you if you feel like a sheep, but you'll never find god.

O O F

I can't be an atheist, I do believe in deities except I believe they're evil and shouldn't be worshipped. Not a gnostic either.

The Bible is divinely inspired but is not the literal word of God. The Quran is the literal divine will of God as given to Muhammad and is to be considered without error. The Bible allows for errors as it is not a perfect text.

Considering I'm from Pakistan, I'd rather not have any affiliation with Hinduism

Honestly OP you can just be a deist

Fucking pakis. Every time.

Why the only way to keep Muslim to be Muslim is heaven and hell , why did they speak that much about going to hell in the Koran ,

Otherwise read the evangiles , and Roman from the Bible if you are interested in Christianity

Since you already follow aristotelian ethics, polytheism is the way to go. Everything you just said about Islam also applies to christianity.

Why god allow all sexual perversity of mohamet , do you really think that the almighty god would support mohamet in his perversion

>people like this guy is why I'm not Christian

Fucking retard tier "Religion"

Tell that to Mohammad he's the one who said the literal words of God.

Go full Neo Platonism maybe look at the mystical Islamic sects like sufis or Druze.

>a paki looking down on Hindus
You're both savage shitskins to me paki, don't pretend to be any better

Devil word are not god word ,

I mean, if you don't believe, what are you doing with a religion?

>> Brought up by Islamic tutor to be honorable and virtuous (later realize she taught me Aristotelian ethics)
Explain this part, because if your Islamic tutor taught you these ethics, what makes them not Islamic? What's wrong with being the same kind of Muslim your tutor was if they taught you honor and virtue? It sounds like you're having a crisis because you've been meme'd on hard by whatever it is you've found on the internet rather than being a dutiful disciple of your teacher.

still infected with caucasoid genes baka.

You cannot escape the caucasoid genes

What is a caucasoid? Like what is the extent of their genes? I have no fucking clue

Nice lies there, evangelists.

Albinoids (aka caucasoids) are a vile race of "humans" genetically engineered by the giant-headed ebonoid scientist known as Yakub 6,000 years ago. After he finished the 600 year process of refining them, they quickly caused chaos in the lands. They were banished to caves in the Caucus mountains to live in filth and cannibalize each other (eventually stooping as far as to tame wolves as friends). Eventually Moses was sent to civilize them. Big mistake. They broke free from the mountains and wreaked havoc on the world using their "tricknology" given to them by Yakub. Most of them now look more human, but their old genes are still spread across the world.

thanks for the nightmare fuel