Who in your opinion were the best knights?

Who in your opinion were the best knights?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_García_de_Paredes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawisza_Czarny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_of_Barletta
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervelliere
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Flanders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The ones who risk their dignity to save the poor damsels being internet bullied.

The dead ones.

Imo, it has to be the French

Objectively, it was the Americans. Faggots.

WE

bayard de chevalier

The Normans.

You guys forgot about us i mean uh deus vult!

This.
Fuck the nobles, crossbow war now.

The Finnish cavalry, the Hakkapeliitta.

All knights are dead now

Can someone explain bucket helms to me, it seems like a step backwards in helmet design. Were they merely to get you through the arrow storms and then you dumped them?

The European knight is a direct descendant of the Roman legionary. Legionary should upgrade to knights

They WERE a step backwards, which is why they are replaced by the much more effective sugarloaf pretty quickly.

They're just extremely easy and cheap to make reproductions of, so they appear in lots of old movies as a generic "knight helmet" (think Monty Python) and in museum giftshops.

>it seems like a step backwards in helmet design

hey WERE a step backwards

No, they weren't a step backwards.

During their heyday spears and lances were a far more common threat than swinging weapons and polearms, meaning a frontal hit to the brow was more common than a downward swing, so they reinforced the structure of the helmet to maximize defense from frontal upper attacks, as those seemed to be the most common at the time.

As soon as swinging polearms became more common, they went back to the regular dome designs they used before.

What about vision? Shits pretty handy when someones trying to jab you in the gut. Me thinks they were mostly for arrows.

Godfrey of Bouillon, the archetype of a medieval knight, was french so probably them.

> What about vision?

Not as bad as most people think.

Not in England.

> Order of Christ
2. Latin knights
3. Janissaris
(Power gap)
5438262. Samurais

Just because your figurehead Queen knights actors and singers in an attempt to stay popular doesn’t mean knights still exist.

>tfw no movie about William Marshall, the greatest knight to ever live

Baldwin IV was more based

Diego Garcia de Paredes. Invencible knight.
Try to name one (1) man who could have killed him in individual combat. Pro tip: You absolutely can not

the South American ones

some nigger with a gun

Truly the Uberrace

So long you can see forward and to the sides, you got a lot of vision.
Even more as you move your head, and perceive motion.
If anything, less vision is a benefit, because it increases your alertness with what you have.
There is a reason why Tournament helmets are complete overkill, even in terms of vison, but normal troop helmets even allow you to see your legs if you lean forward.

>When his boat arrived at the coast of Venezuela he landed with five soldiers to ask about his friend Luis de Narváez, who he didn't know had been killed some time before.
>While they were dining with the natives suddenly they lifted Narvaez's head and killed Diego García de Paredes and the five soldiers accompanying him.
Truly hoisted by his own petard.

>we wuz knightz and shiet

I believe thats his son or another man unrelated idk not the one im talking about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_García_de_Paredes

The French in general, though their idealism and elan got them slaughtered more than few times.

No. Stop posting this dumb shit.

>infantry/engineers recruited from the lower classes in return for wages and a one off gift of land are the ancestors of heavy cavalry warrior aristocracy

He's featured pretty prominently in the Ridley Scott Robin Hood movie, that was a nice touch.

This movie has a surprisingly great monologue by Paul Giamatti as King John. Really makes you sympathize with his position. Unexpected little gem moment.

what about Zawissius Niger?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawisza_Czarny

where is this from ?

It's Saint Maurice

I don't know why people complain about it so much. It's a great action film that doesn't pretend to be anything else.

I'm confused he died in 287 AD so why the Prussia Flag
Did they remake old illustrations in the renaissance ?

>Godfrey of Bouillon
>French

thats the Reichsadler you inbred fuck

Yes, people continued to paint pictures of Saints throughout the Renaissance.

Pero Nino, Betrand du Guesclin, Bayard, Marshall, De Montfort and Richard Lionheart.

The Black Prince

this guy was a badass

SHIEEEET

Who won here?

Well there are more Poles on the ground at the moment, so Americans have momentum.

SO UUUUUHHHHHH NIGGa

g
Nigga what the fuck is the joke here

>French knights.

Hahahaha.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_of_Barletta

French, no contest

God bless America

redpill me on the French knights

crusades were VERY thrifty in nature

Well yes. What's next, the Dutch were German and so were the Italians?

Sarmatian cataphracys obviously

And the Polish knights ie 1st battle of rannerberg

Adding to this, cervellieres (bowl-shaped metal skull caps) were commonly worn beneath great helms
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervelliere

Knights were faggots wearing on an armor.
You don't have to wear an armor in order to be a REAL MAN.

>If anything, less vision is a benefit, because it increases your alertness with what you have

What did user mean by this? Was it autism?

I think he's using the logic behind putting blinders on a horse

But that has nothing to do with "increasing the horse's alertness". It just makes the horse calmer and less jittery, more able to be directed. It certainly doesn't make the horse more aware or a better fighter. It makes it *less* aware, explicitly so that it won't perceive things around it it might classify as potential threats.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Flanders
He was about as French as Charlemagne