I’ve lost close to $4k because of crypto

I’ve lost close to $4k because of crypto.

I started in May.

>going all in on fapcoin

nigga you would have nearly 4x just holding bitcoin.

I lost 7k in an afternoon once trading pennystocks.
Netted a 24k gain that year though. Try harder op.

>Start in may
>lose money

HOW??????????????????? The crypto market cap 10xed for fucks sake

Made 600, got into crypto a month ago.

>losing money
>while everything is literally 5x'ing at least

Just give up on life, holy shit

I guess I always assumed everyone primarily held bitcoin and/or eth, regardless of whatever shitcoins they were dabbling in. I didn't realize there were people who were in crypto for more than a few months that missed their moon missions.

which coin? i bought my first 0,2 btc and dont know what to fucking do

TJ?

If you have to ask for advice, then you probably shouldn't be daytrading/flipping pump-and-dump shitcoins, and you should stick to coins with good fundamentals (technology, developers, reason for existing, etc) that are going to last long-term.

Personally I'd say that's Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin, Zcash. (List is sorted with strongest first.)

Learned this the hard way.

Lost $1k on Polo

Fuck you you don't understand.

This.

I remember when I first realized that although I had made decent profit in crypto, all I ever had to do was hold Bitcoin and Ethereum and I would have made so so much more.

with that said, im planning to go at polo and buy a percentage of my monthly-crypto-invest in all that coins? always the same %?

let me explain this way cause my english is potato:

in usd
this month, 2 BTC 2 ETH 2 LTC
next month, 2 BTC 2 ETH 2 LTC

thanks

>started with 2k last week and im at 7k

dude how the fuck did u lose money in the summer? Every coin i look at during the summer increased by 300% holy shit i wish i started in may i would be a millionaire.

I would rebalance that plan a bit away from being so BTC-heavy. "2 BTC 2 ETH 2 LTC" in today's prices means "$8600 BTC, $600 ETH, $100 LTC", which is almost entirely just BTC. Personally I have about half as much ETH as BTC.

Bitcoin is going to have some volatility in the next month or two with the Segwit2x fork coming up. Maybe BTC will rocket because of news about the fork and then because of the relief when BTC survives, but it could just as easily go the other way, with confusion causing it to fall.

thanks a lot bro

I lost 500 bucks and I started a week ago.

My mistake is to never sell at an ATH and to listen to people who says the coin is gonna climb to the moon without evidence.

That is unbelievable. You should have a near 500% ROI.

>never sell at an ath

dude what if you had sold all your btc at 1800?

I put 6k in in May and just crossed the $100k mark this weekend.

Sell all your remaining crypto and buy ChainLink.

wow you must be retarded, buy high sell low?

you in a p&d group or something?

i started end of may and made 450k

>because of crypto

Nope. Because of you. I've been in since August and turned 8k into 30k and I've made some real newb mistakes along the way.

When something strong that I believe is going to last for years hits an ATH, I usually don't do anything other than maybe rebalancing the profits to other strong coins.

When it's a flavor of the month thing that hits an ATH, I usually sell to get my initial investment and maybe a bit more out of it, leaving some in.

initial invest?

60k. so % gains in line with others in this thread. was a mistake starting near the top of the market at the time. but i learned and adjusted fast

would you mind to explain what you adjusted that?

i just bought btc and i know its ATH but if i didnt buy now im losing gains anyway..

become good at finding promising ICOs early before they are majorly shilled as its reaching the ATH. then as the hype dies down, recognizing when to sell.

most of my gains have been made off finding a one off random biz post for a coin that looks promising.

most recently i bought into the chainlink presale when i found a few posts talking about it. wayy before people were posting about it all the time

By actually attempting to trade instead of holding what little amount of money we poorfags have for 6 months

>starting in May
How did you do this? My God...

I'm currently down about that much too, but I started at the worst possible time, in July.

ive lost around 7 or 800 out of 2600. i had numerous chances to even out through new icos added to bittrex. got greedy and lost it.

then labor day weekend happened and eth dropped so alot of my sells are locked.

so, ive been limping with 150 to play with. while i sent another 1k to trade eth as primary swing.

and bittrex sucks now. i want to move to another exchange that has daily adds.

Did you invest in $CVC?

damn bro you know your shit. made me feel like a brainlet kek

thanks

started in august with $7k USD and upto $24k now. Shits been pretty easy so far, every coin I buy goes up, everything I touch turns to gold. I wish I'd put more into all my trades instead of being conservative and holding some back, I would have been up 10x higher since everything has gone positive

I bought ETH for 400$ in june, was instantly down like 1k still up 2.5k now

Buy Espers on Yobit sir. Make good your sweet gains! All-in, thank me later

I was in the same situation as you until I found a penny coin and invested with some reading and early pre-COSS shilling. Before that I was breaking even or going into a loss.

>Yobit

also why would it suddenly pump? whats happening later today?

Also started in May and in the red from missing every rocket

np, what it boils down too is researching a shit ton, learning to think for yourself to get into stuff early, and avoiding FOMO.
im still holding LINK because its definitely an outlier in how good of a project it is. while i still think it would be good to buy in now, obviously it wont be as comfy as if you had bought in before the hype.
the hype cycles are definitely real with how fast crypto moves. the next moon mission has most likely all ready been posted about here but falling under the radar for now.

is that a portfolio? what's it called?

I started cypto 2 weeks ago, I've made over 3k in profits so far. Don't know what the fuck you are doing OP, this shit isn't hard.

sir pls buy espers on yobit good sir nice gains