OPUS

Why haven't you bought yet, user?

S T O P
I'm waiting to get some money out of an ICO so I can buy more in a couple of days, for fuck's sake. Shill this shit later, I'm not even fucking joking.

I already did. At 1k sats. Currently bagholding :(

any reason why it will moon?

Im reading it and it looks promising.

700here

you need to average down. this way you can get on the moon mission with us.

otherwise you will dump on us and thats not cool.

Because the ceo cant even program a fucking RSPS. He will just outsource the development to fucking 2 cents per hour pajeets who cant make shit.

>The Opus marketing & development fund will be a fund derived from all music sales on
the Opus smart contract. Our current plan is to take approximately 2-3 % of the music
sales, but this can be changed depending on what the community wants when the Main
net is released. We are currently tweaking the numbers for the Opus treasury.

How are artists getting 100% revenue if they are taking a percentage from music sales

Got in 1k sats. Currently at a loss.

Theres 2 guys with 150k$ of tokens currently accumulating

So? What does it mean?

it means that someone took notice.

if its a PnD group then you will see a sudden uptake of hype about OPUS without actual proper news from the team.

if its just a long term investor than thats better. its crazy undervalued for what it already is and for the potential.

a DAO is on the roadmap. people will be able to vote on stuff like this.

but 2-3% music sales is still better than any other such platform takes from sales.

It means get the fuck in

It's not that it's 2-3%, but that the information seems conflicting unless I misunderstand. Additionally it seems like it can go higher. So what's stopping this from being a much higher percentage in the future? If voting is dictated by whoever has the most OPT then is not in their best interest to increase the amount made from sales?

I have

I don't think it is, because it'd remove the thing about the platform that's most attractive to artists, limiting the platform's growth and consequently reducing revenue despite the larger cut.

That what I'd like to think but we'll see

I do not understand this project. The streaming services barely make any money because they have to flip most of the revenues to the music labels, that gobbles it up and spit pennies to the artists. The rest is spent in infrastucture and marketing. This projects does not appera to solve this, it is just built on false premises and try to solve an inexistent problem without real knowledge of the market and the technical and legal needs. I think it will die fast.

lol

I know a few small, local bands that view this as a great way to:
1: make their music available - getting on to Spotify etc. isn't too complicated but this would simplify the process further

2: Get appropriate payouts for their work - Like the whitepaper says, even with a few hundred thousand plays you barely see a cent from most streaming services, plus most people wouldnt mind paying a fiver to support a band and get their music

3: They didn't say this when I asked, but I can see it being popular among the alty/"progressive" crowds. Going against the mainstream, fuck the corporations, yadda yadda.

I dont see this overtaking spotify by any means, but I see it filling a niche in the market for alty indie bands and soundcloud rappers. People in the underground rap scene see virtually no return from soundcloud plays and it would be more convenient to access the music from a user friendly app than to go through the process of manually moving files after buying them off bandcamp.

I'm only really buying in because the market cap is small. Once this gains traction, and it's starting to slowly, it could get an easy 10M market cap by end of year and 40M by end of 2018 no question.

Barely make any money? Are you retarded?