HELP. Where does my red hair come from??

My beard is like 50% orange, (my father has 95%) my head is like 5-10% orange. Which populations does this come from?? I thought for sure I would get 1-5% Irish from 23andme to explain this. But now Im even more confused.

This me. My beard is a mix of brown black but mostly red. It sticks out since my hair is dark dark brown. I'm a typical Mexican so my results seem pretty much what I expected. But I still don't know where my red hair comes from. My father has it and he looks 80% Native American.

>1.2% MENA
There you go, there's your "1-5% Irish"

Seriously though, red hair is a mutation that has developed independently quite literally everywhere in the world, from Siberia to the Pacific Islands, it could be from anywhere, though in your case I would wager that it's most likely your Spanish heritage.

23andme says my paternal haplogroup is R-P311
Which they say comes from "R-M269"

"The frequency is about 92% in Wales, 82% in Ireland, 70% in Scotland, 68% in Spain, 60% in France (76% in Normandy), about 60% in Portugal, 53% in Italy,[13] 45% in Eastern England, 50% in Germany, 50% in the Netherlands, 42% in Iceland, and 43% in Denmark. It is as high as 95% in parts of Ireland. It is also found in some areas of North Africa, where its frequency peaks at 10% in some parts of Algeria.[14] M269 has likewise been observed among 8% of the Herero in Namibia."

Its not that I want to be Irish, Im just wondering if this board would know which population I got it from, or if some people here have
some background knowledge in which they are able to interpreter my data better

I heard some Ashkenazi Jews or Siberians have red hair as well, but Im not that educated in this topic

As I said, it could be anywhere, rufosity is one of the few things that is genuinely difficult to tie to one specific origin. But as I said, in your case most likely your Spanish heritage as it is by far the largest group present and I believe with the highest probability of rufosity.

Thanks for the answer, Ill look into it

>le 39% face

I'm Mexican though so..

How do you do these test and how much do they cost?

It's from 23andme. You pay $99, they send you a tube, you spit in it, send it back. 4-8 weeks later the upload your results

I really wanted to do it but $99 was too much so I waited for the thanksgiving deal and paid $49

During holidays the prices go down but not as much as during thanksgiving

>R1b

You're a Celt

Or not

Thanks
Saved

>I thought for sure I would get 1-5% Irish from 23andme to explain this.
Stop this meme
Red hair is actually pretty rare in Ireland

I agree but it's more rare in the other places it's found

He is a mongrelized Celt but still a Celt, if he racemix with Anglo-Saxon women to wash away his non-white blood,in a generation or two, he will be white and his descent will be fit to rejoin the Celtic community.

naw they winna

My mother looks 80% white (spanish)
While my father looks 80% Native
(Which is why I expected 40% white)
If I got it from him, the celt, maybe he already started the process of bleaching his bloodline back

upload your results to gedmatch if you want to analyze your results better

Idk but at least you're only half as likely to get smallpox

Is it free? How long do I wait?

it's free yes