Picking the right Goals and Staying Motivated

How do you stay focused, more importantly how do you know what's the important shit to stay focused on?

I'm really struggling with deciding where my energy should be. And I reckon that's why I become a lazy turd who doesn't actually do any of the projects I say I will, I need to pick One or Two projects and stick to them.

What's your opinion on motivation boards? I think the trick is to somehow tie the motivation board into something you can do as a habit - like Scott Adams would write an affirmation 15 times a day
>I, Scott Adams, will be a famous cartoonist

The thing was, he backed that up with drawing what would become Dilbert every single day.

Yes, I've started a thread like this before and I was surprised by how good the advice was, so I figured I'd look a gift horse in the mouth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0
youtube.com/watch?v=1xuAO0zKRAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that girl isnt asian

What is the point of this tired old meme?
I mean what are you hoping to achieve?
Not mad - just confused: I think asking this question is actually relevant, because why do you go around from thread to thread making that comment - and you're not the only one? Does it give you a sense of identity? Are you trying to make Veeky Forums just have more azn qts? What's your endgame?

Okay so it's like
>Focus on Career?
>Focus on Crypto?
>Focus on personal flaws - like maybe time management? Maybe learning how to be better at closing sales?

Like there's many paths to "success" but how do you work out the one which isn't gonna fuck you in the ass so you can, for example, fuck semon demons in the ass?

My actual goal doesn't directly involve hot women, but that's besides the point.

Career success is very important. success is what you want. just be successful at something that makes money, believe me, you'll be happier.

youtube.com/watch?v=qPOvePioFF0

>successful at something that makes money
be successful at anything and it will make money, market forces, success brings attention, attention brings money, creates wealth

it is not a meme. Veeky Forums loves azns as do i.

The go together with biznez like pb&j.

They really do it for us.

make up one of those ideals grids from Veeky Forums but instead of body and fashion it's your vehicle/residence/pastime/woman at different mooning networth levels

that pic is true, 69s are mostly overrated. it's better to pin her down and eat her out, that way you control her, instead of having her squirm on your face and crush your head

I'm trying no fap for a months now and its great.
I got way more energy and work-out 5 days a week to get rid of the urges.

>be successful at anything and it will make money,
Interesting point

I haven't seen those, is pic related an example?

I find if I'm occupied or away from home I don't have the urges anywhere near as bad.

I'm convinced that fapping comes out of boredom, rather than being the cause of non-productivity. It's a symptom of it... but maybe I'm just self-justifying...

Who's familiar with that story about Warren Buffett and his personal pilot?
>Be Buffett's personal pilot for 20 years
>Ask War Buff "hey do you have any advice for chasing your dreams in life"
>War Buff is feeling unusually human today and obliges
>"Sure thing, first write down the 25 things you want in life, the 25 goals you want to accomplish"
>Pilot writes down 25 goals
>"Okay now, put them in descending order. The things you most want to accomplish up the top"
>Pilot rearranges them in descending order.
>"Now put a circle around the top five: those are the things you focus your life on now"
>Pilot nods, but then looks at the 20 out of the circle
>"So what about these other 20, I guess they are the second priority, I only do them if I have time--"
>Buffett cuts him off "Oh hell no! Those 20 you left out of the circle are the 20 things you must avoid at all costs. They will distract you from the top 5 things you really want!"

Pic unrelated. But then again the female form is always relevant... even if she's not asian.

I had never heard anyone talk about the importance of "momentum" until I saw this. I use to watch it every day. Should start that habit again.

youtube.com/watch?v=1xuAO0zKRAk

That's certainly one of the reasons why Trump accomplished what he did - he never allowed things to slow him down. Art Deco carvings on a old facade? Possibly Art History significance? Doesn't matter, smash them up. Can't hold up construction anymore when they're gone.
Momentum.

good story, i'll write a list

I also recommend if you can find the old PDF of Ray Dalio's Principles. (it use to be free online).

There's an interesting section on identifying the "problems" that stand between you and your goals, and it explains a way you create a "machine" or a process which will help you overcome them.

Fuck that guy but he does have some good advice from early on

I really dig his book. That's just me.

bump

>I haven't seen those, is pic related an example?
something like pic related

here's the template

>Ray Dalio's Principles
thanks for the tip. i will read this book

Thanks... so I filled it out and I realized all I need to be happy is about 1-2 mil...
How should I adapt this to keep me motivated?

also $1 m should be enough to retire in a country like thailand, phillipiones or colombia

> 200k condo/house
> $1k expenses a month => $12k/year => $120k/10 years => 600k/50 years
> 200k to do whatever the fuck you want.

if you need more money, just go to work a bit more. youre settled.

First million is the hardest tho'
I'm still trying to figure out how to divide my energies and find a clear vision to that first mil.

Staying motivated huh?

Might sound corny but my girl keeps me motivated to do better and I just have a desire to take over the market in my area. In the construction business.

Staying motivated though.. I'd say periodic relaxation and reevaluating your goals after said relaxation is the way to go.

>Side note: Looking for good watch budget is 500-700 bucks any recommendations?

Seems like you're just scattered and need to choose what you want to chase.

I lost about 90k in projects so far but we're still pushing 5 million in revenue. Don't be discouraged man you gotta have the entrepreneurial mindset. Just go for it.

my goal is to wait for my soulmate, until she finished her last project and can talk to me

I don't give a fuck about cars, yachts, money, fun work, friends, I got all of this in my previous lives.
I want my one love, my soulmate.

That was a little gay bro. All power to you though.

this girl isn't Asian