Go to a party yesterday

>Go to a party yesterday
>Friend of mine has birthday
>Sit down people talk about what they do
>Most of them have incredible boring jobs in my opinion
>Shit with marketing , social "engeneering" etc
>Somehow we start talking about Cryptos
>The one guy who studied binance say its tulip mania
>I counter and say how can a 80 billion dollar undustry be a tulip mania if the ammount of cash circulating is so small it doesnt even represent 30% of the stock volume of Apple?
>LOOK AT THE CHARTS OF NASDAQ BEFORE THE DOTCOM BUBBLE
>The Ditcom bubble had 2 billion volume and everybody from old to young invested their money into fucking companies that had no real value because nobody know what the internet could do
>Lol same with cryptos
>I can actually buy things with cryptos
>Did you ever pay with Cryptos in real life? how can anybod accept crypto if you didnt pay anthing in it? Its only local
>Did you ever pay in chinese Renminbi? No me neither and yet you accept it as real currency despite the fact you can only use it locally
>Starts ranting that people like me will lose all my money and he as an investment adviser has much more knowledge
>mfw

Do you guys have similar Veeky Forums stories

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/there-never-was-real-tulip-fever-180964915/
reddit.com/user/DrewChambersDC
money.cnn.com/2000/11/09/technology/overview/
coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yea kinda, but after mr investment genius finishes his rant I take out my car keys and ask him what kind of automobile he, the educated investor owns.

>mfw not lambo yet
>mfw my car is a 30y old Honda civic

he's right tho.

He's right though.

You might make lots of money obviously but you'll need to time your exit well.

I tell all my normie friends that crypto is a bubble.
Fuck normies.

Well, he is right. It is a lot like the dotcom bubble. Many, if not most of the coins that people are putting money into are useless shitcoins without any working product and no realistic future prospects. But just like with some of the companies of the dotcom bubble, many cryptos will emerge absolutely triumphant from the bloodbath that is about to ensue.

I bought a VPN with my NAV coin

Crypto made me the man I am today

People have been screaming crypto is in a bubble since 2011. Saying it now is not any more true then saying it back then.

>2 retards can predict future

One of you will be right

>Did you ever pay with Cryptos in real life? how can anybod accept crypto if you didnt pay anthing in it? Its only local

Fucking retarded, the first adopters of Blockchain technology will be financial services and the like, not retail. Even Logistics will be using blockchain technology before fucking retail.

OP you cant convince people or help them sometimes, you could even show them your 800% ROI and they still will "believe" that crypto is going to explode and die any minute now just because.

This. dotcom bubble = today's shitcoins. The same can't be said about Bitcoin tho

>le dotcom bubble
>implying the biggest companies in the world today didn't come out of the wreckage
just hope you're in the Google or Amazon of crypto

by that reasoning BTC is doomed to failure as well since it has no product or future besides being a store-of-value coin that happened to be first-to-market and earn the brand recognition

google didn't ipo until well after the dot-com bubble

99% of these pussies will fold on it anyway

Stupid fucks like literally believe they have transcended human kind. >you could even show them
>euphoria

ok then just find the Amazon of crypto

kek

amazon lost 75% of its market share when dot com popped

err share price

At that point you say you’ve already 10x you initial investment and cashed out your starting money and letting the rest ride

then whip out your blockfolio, give it a refresh and everyone starts clapping

I have a hard time deciphering what are you opinions and what are the opinion of the guys you opposed

Fucking this, man.

>lost 75% of its market share
>implying that matters now
yeah I bet those people back in 2001 are really kicking themselves for holding onto Amazon

>started my crypto journey in 2013 after the first bubble
>fast forward to last month
>break the 21 bitcoin mark
>celebrate by giving some biz anons some btc
>want to start playing in the big boys league
>take a class at a local college for stock market investing basics
>first day of a class, a student (not me) to my surprise asks the professor about what kind of asset class bitcoin is
>the professor responds by saying bitcoin is just a tulip bubble
>he literally mentions that Jamie Dimon thinks it's a scam as a talking point
>no reference to the technology
>I don't say anything...
>but an opportunity arises
>the class plays a semester long game where each student gets to pick one stock
>the professor then tracks all these stocks as a class portfolio and reports on the results/changes each week
>normies pick things like TESLA and SNAP, which have tanked 5% since the start of class one
>I pick Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC), the stock that tracks the bitcoin price
>the professor says "thats a new one"
>this was literally the week when CHINA BANS BITCOIN happened, and we were in a huge dip
>next week, GBTC is up 20%
>I'm expecting the professor to eat his own shit at this point in front of the class to make amends
>instead he pulls some bullshit where he says he wasn't able to find my stock, so couldn't add it to the portfolio
cont...

My brother keeps telling me to sell half of my cryptos with no explanation why.... He's obviously jelly af

You don't get it, price dumped, a lot of faggots bailed, a lot of faggots were not buying the dip, same will happen here, they talk smack on green but the shit goes red and they run for the fucking hills

>I calmly let him know what the ticker symbol was again GBTC, "oh i thought it was EBTC"
>Next week, class three, i enter the class room, make eye contact with the professor and nod at him, he looks down in shame without acknowledging me.
>have my notes all prepared to call this guy out
>25% increase for GBTC since week 1
>first in the class
>second place is only up 15%
>no doubt
>the professor bites the bullet and as casually as possible mentions that bitcoin is in first, up 25%
>next week, he has to do the same thing
>he then asks who picked the bitcoin stock, as if he doesn't know.
>I raise my hand, still doesn't see me
>say "over here"
>sees me and says, "well lets see if it keeps up"
>I just grin, showing my teeth

I'm not larping either, this all fucking happened exactly as i described it, and looking back at it, its the strangest meme magic bullshit stereotypical boomer vs millennial bitcoin story in real life thing I thought only happened in movies. strange world.

ok so the people who HODL for a long time will make money. Putting all of your money into investing is a dumb idea anyway

Same here. I had one binance class i did for fun to get some extra points.
The Prof was a guy around 50 started talking how important this class is and that these guys run the world.
Looking around ( i was the only engeneering student ) i saw how proud they were to fucking study this shit.
At the end he asked us what the next big thing would be .
We should write it on a paper and then give it to him Anonymously.
I swear to god most people said some shit about Tesla, SpaceX and fucking Google Glasses.
I wrote Blockchain technology aka Cryptocurrency.
He read it and some people started laughing.

At this moment i realized that the reason these people hate cryptos because they cant grasp the concept or they dont know any "higher ups" that said good things about it

Normies do not know one fucking thing about blockchain technology, they view bitcoin as a stock.

i've had one crypto conversation 5 years ago and since then i have never talked about it in real life. i don't think it is worth it. you are trying to convince people about something they don't understand and can't comprehend.

i just don't feel it is worthwhile. best i would offer is a "yeah it is quite interesting to read about". this has the additional benefit of not letting people know that you are involved and (in theory) making money.

Good. Fuck normies, let them stay poor as we accumulate more bitcoins.

People who are either stupid enough / lucky enough to HODL the right crypto might make out with a fortune. We all place our bets and we fucken see. What bothers me about /biz now is the fucking circle jerk over a bit of luck.

See the faggot who thinks he has one over his professor, that boomer merely needs to ask user why to shut his ass down in front of the whole squadron.

Yes there's gold in these hills, dicks out of hands and find it though plz faggots

This makes me happy. I'll sell them my bags for a 100,000% premium.

all you did was time the dip user, exactly as you said. good job m8080808080 wow pat yourself on the back

Your friend is smart, you are the dumb laggard bubble sheeple faggot bagholder loser normie tard

>Go register a company for my ICO.
>Lawyer says "aaah, the new tulip mania, good luck explaining the millions to the bank"
No I won't tell you which ICO fags

It's not about him being an investment genius. It's about people who are closed minded being forced to acknowledge something they don't want to.

perkins coie

>register company
>lawyer

got the last of em drop the fucking tard net chad

for most normies the only 'investment' they have is a mortgage, many of my parents boomer friends are unwilling to directly invest their money on the stock market, FUD works extremely well on these people, women especially have a low risk tolerance

don't expect to convince people to buy or support crypto, only thing I've found that works is show the price to someone, then show it a few months later after it's gone up a bit

>convince normie friends to buy crypto
>one is sitting on heavy DNT and ZRX bags because she was "too busy" to sell
>another immediately got locked out binance because he forgot his password and couldn't figure out how to send from "mycoinwallet"
>another has been too busy wagecucking and going to shows to sit down and use the eth he bought to buy link. it's gone up twenty cents since he bought
Normies are absolutely insufferable and I have no pity for them.

Just a quick daily reminder that tulip mania never actually happened and is in fact a PsyOp fabrication designed to cause the people you were talking to about cryptos yesterday to miss out on what will come to be known as the greatest money grab in history.

Some wounds never heal and missing out on such a massive financial shift because people allow themselves to be lied to will be a great tragedy.

This is truth. Except we don't know for sure when the bloodbath will be. Could be years.

>>I just grin, showing my teeth

Like this, user ?

exactly like that, less hair though

>Go to a party yesterday
fuck off chad

>slice hand and lose eye

No you can't convince people because you chucklefucks don't understand it beyond 'duh look its going up'
When it crashes I hope you neck yourselves.

kek at that pic.

OP you're a normie too.

If in any social enviroement you say something different than "Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are a scam and a bubble", you're a faggot.

This.

I wasn't around during the dot com bubble but it's fucking obvious that Monero is the gold among all this shit. What's funny/astounding is how many people ignore it and chase the trash. I imagine the same thing happened during the dot com era. Normie retards went after obvious crap but an intelligent man might have been able to see that Amazon was different. In hindsight all the dumbasses have to nurse their ego by saying no one could know and it was all luck. Nah fuck you. If you're not rich in 20 years it's because you're retarded.

Fucking this.

Shitcoins are good for now, make money on them, convert to BTC and hold, but now of them will be around in 5 years. Bitcoin will, Ethereum probably, but Monero definitely.

Crypto has more in common with the bull market leading up to the stock market crash of 1929. There was little regulation, pump and dump schemes rampant, insider trading, companies would float subsidiaries that had no real business behind them. Similar to the endless ICO and coin forks going on.

The big difference obviously is that everyone was buying on margin and I doubt many people are doing that with internet meme coins.

>try to reset my clock one more time cmos I fucking dare you

kek

"two men say they're Jesus
WELL, one of em must be wrong "

This. The winners of the dotcom bubble were the likes of google and microsoft. Same with crypto some will come out of the bubble and be huge

My only question is that if one crypto comes out on top won't the value go down? Like how can people start normalizing a currency but it still has an inflated value like it's an asset.

>go to party
>a girl asks how my bit coins money are going
>I say they're ok, some moons, some pink wojaks
>people laugh awkwardly
>Chad who works in finance tells me to be careful because of the SEC and potential Bitcoin bubble
>I say Bitcoin is here to stay, plenty of people have said it was going to die and it's still fine
>He says"you sound like the kind of guy who would have invested your life savings into tulips"
>everyone laughs

It is tulip mania though, except tulips actually grow into flowers that people want. Cryptos, not so much in the way of actual value. While you can buy drugs with them, they're never going to see widespread adoption for anything useful until the international bankers have their dried out old Jewish hands firmly around them.

Fiat money is valuable because a government says that they guarantee its value. Bitcoin is valuable because people want to buy them to make money out of them. The only people who hold bitcoin for purposes other than pure speculation, or the buying of illegal goods, are the ones that are technologically savvy enough to have started mining them back when you could just use your GPU. After it left that stage, and normies like yourself got into it and its value has become purely based on speculation on it value, and that's all it'll ever really be.

TL;DR: Tulips exist, cryptocurrencies don't. Nothing guarantees crypto value, like with regular fiat.

PS. Quantum computing.

When it crashes, you won't be able to sell until it bottoms out and is worth nothing at all. It's better to sell some off when it's doing good, and let the rest run with it, than keep it all hoping for the biggest payday possible just because you were too full of yourself to secure your assets properly. If you don't care about losing all of your money, by all means, keep it all in.

>A few months later after it's gone up a bit
>A few months later
You could get the same gains from options and futures, risking basically nothing at all long-term, although it takes some capital to begin with. Or go super-volatile if you have low capital and do forex/leveraged index trading. Reputable brokers even offer binary trading now, you just have to click "up" "down" a few times a day (terrible risk:reward ratio, but the relative predictability of it compensates for some of that).

Everyone's an expert in a bull market.

inb4
>It won't happen to me xD

this

> (OP)
>It is tulip mania though, except tulips actually grow into flowers that people want.

ONLY FAGGOTS LIKE YOU WANT TULIPS AND ALSO :

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

IT NEVER HAPPENED

>IT NEVER HAPPENED

smithsonianmag.com/history/there-never-was-real-tulip-fever-180964915/

of yourself you fucking mongoloid

Honestly I wish I didn't tell people I was into this shit because it's lose-lose. Bitcoin dies and I look like an idiot. Bitcoin moons and then people start treating you differently, looking for handouts, advice and probably outright robbing you. Fuck.

this

There is only one rule:
Never tell boomers about crypto.

Let them eat the fiat collapse that they created and richly deserve.
We have a way out that WE deserve. DO NOT give it to THEM.

God bless

Ah, all the impotent rage of some bag holding american mutt. How satisfying.

It doesn't matter if it happened or not. However:
>That’s not to say that everything about the story is wrong; merchants really did engage in a frantic tulip trade, and they paid incredibly high prices for some bulbs. And when a number of buyers announced they couldn’t pay the high price previously agreed upon, the market did fall apart [..]
In other words, there was an overvalued market, it peaked, crashed, and people were left holding useless assets that would've been worth loads of money just a while before.

In either case, the point is the moral of the story. You're holding tulips, and you're saying "Look guys, I'm a millionaire, I can sell my whole field tomorrow and retire!". However, what you don't realize is that if it crashes, you can't. All of your tulips, all of your cryptocoins, worthless. They're tokens that hold a value only on exchange. They're not guaranteed to be exchanged anywhere. There isn't a central entity that says "We'll guarantee that you can make use of these bank notes", there's nothing at all. It's purely speculative, and purely on the idea that there are other currencies outside of crypto that are worth something, that you can exchange your tokens for.

The case makes itself, really. You won't say "I have X of bitcoins". You'll say "I have £/$/€ in bitcoins". It has no value until you exchange it, because it's only a token with a relative (not guaranteed or fixed) value.

You need boomers to buy in to have someone to sell your bags tho

I like the way you think!

i for myself try not to bring up cryptos as a topic anymore

most people dont understand it and even less are genuinely interested in it (those would be the ones i would like to talk about crypto)

before i realised it isnt worth bringing up almost every conversation ended either in people being jelly or some very light and boring discussions about it

and not to forget there are those TA fags. i think they are actually the worst kind to talk to. most of them dont have any basics in finance or tech but are going full retard in TA. listening to them is like listening to a geometry instroduction class on repeat while half of the stuff they are saying is some TA lingus that is supposed to sound fancy and smart allthough it really is not.

so my advice is. keep your crypto stuff to yourself. be happy about having a nice niche hobby which might make you rich. and if it does make you rich its even nicer when nobody ever knew you were involved. minds will be blown

I'd never talk to someone like that about crypto. That person probably has a lot of debt and is mad they missed out, as well as not being a critical thinker in general, and likely is miserable. They don't know shit about it, they've basically listened to an 8 minute FT podcast and will continue to slowly descend into hell until they become like travel agents.

This. Before people didn't care so I wouldn't bother trying to talk about it. Now there are people that want to talk about it but the conversations are completely retarded and I try to escape as quickly as possible. Just waiting for a big crash so I can tell them I sold the dip and am completely out with a small loss.

>Ah, all the impotent rage of some bag holding american mutt. How satisfying.

you don't know satisfying until you look at my blockfolio

Okay faggot. can you send me .03322 tulip from anywhere in the world, cheap, anytime of day? didn't think so.

the blockchain backed by proof-of-work (Ethereum + erc20s, bitcoin, monero, Zcash, etc) is the only immutable database in human history? DO YOU UNDERSTAND? keep thinking it has no value and its tulip. I'd rather have a 5 week old dead tulip than your brain.

keep calling it a bubble. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE BIGGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW CAME OUT OF THE DOTCOM BUBBLE

>apple

>google

>yahoo

>oracle

>microsoft

>Cisco

>Juniper

>Netflix

comparing crypto to tulips is like comparing your grandma to a black 17 inch dildo.

>T_D plebbit scum
You have to go back.

reddit.com/user/DrewChambersDC
>Seven-Year Club

I bet they don't even comp you for your pepe-making over there (the quality of it is shit, by the way). Fucking casual, I'm out.

That is because there is along way to go until the bubble "pops", the dotcom market cap at its peak was at $3 trillion before it popped whereas the current cryptocurrency market cap is at a measly $152 billion, until we reach the trillions there is no reason to worry yet.
Source:
money.cnn.com/2000/11/09/technology/overview/
coinmarketcap.com/

haha nice. I love when things like this happen in real life. Everyone doubts the impossible until they are confronted with it and have no where to run. fuck him.

god damn, I cant wait to rub in all my millions.

You keep it simple OP. You don't talk about crypto (or anything else) when you're around people like that, even if they bring it up. You just let it go and don't let yourself get sucked into the conversation, even if you know way more about it than they do.

They can't control their compulsive need to give their opinion about everything the see and hear going on around them. Don't copy they're behavior by doing the same thing back to them.

Are you retarded?

It WAS a bubble in 2011. Now it is a way bigger bubble. That's the thing about bubbles, they GROW (until the day they pop).

I've bought so much shit with crypto.

People really won't get it till I'm its 30k a bitcoin.

Why do you think it has to reach trillions to pop senpai?

Meanwhile.... BTC is pushing $4600.... AGAIN.

Literally anyone fudding here either:
1. Doesn't understand blockchain tech.
2. Want to keep the price low so they can buy more BTC/LTC/ETH with their McDonald's paycheck before the price goes up any higher.

Stay poor, nocoiners.

I dont have similar stories bc I've learned normies will be Normies and they are all about that fiat

except and his friend said two different things so in this case one of them has to b

Well we all know that crypto is a bubble. That's why we are in it. Bubbles are great for profits, the earlier you get in and the more you accumulate with the expansion of the said bubble the wealthier you will get out of it.
It's that easy.
Crypto HAS some real world value. But not in its current shape.

And fuck no - apple, microsoft, cisco were not a part of the dotcom bubble. WTF?!

Also asking your professors about crypto almost makes no sense. Crypto will shatter a lot of what we think we know about finance. So why would you ask a person that's already set in his/hers ways to tell you about something brand new and something that has not been tested yet?
If you are going all in in crypto and you have no exit strategy - you are an idiot. You might get lucky and win, but it's not the smart thing to do, because its gambling.
That's coming from a poorfag, that's been mining ETH since the beginning and selling 50% of it for 10usd/eth :)
Now currently holding 1300ETH, 19BTC, 800 XMR, 20k OMG, 3k NEO and some shitcoins. And if you think I haven't been selling this shit on regular basis you must be crazy. Fiat is still king.

Just got twenty Monero instead of a new beater. We'll see what the future holds

I hide my power level, I don't want to deal with explaining it to faggots like the faggot in OP's story.

If it goes well, I'll make a good chunk of money. I've already held for 7 months.

Bullshit.
Prove it.

BTC:
14H6tAaYt3thQmQZ9QVu6ZkjBcgvn2ojGG

>debating with people
that's where you fucked up

sometimes it's inevitable but you should make an effort to avoid these kinds of events

kek

In all reality, this is the truth. Most normies will only justify their position even more when put on the defensive, whether their viewpoint is right or not. Even if shown proof and logical information, the emotion of being wrong literally prevents them from actually processing the information and seeing it for what it is.

You can't ever force someone to change, they have to want to change themselves. Same thing applies to mindsets and beliefs. It's fucking stupid and it's only the non critical thinkers that aren't open minded. Some people are literally too dumb to see the truth. Someone has to buy our bags at 10x though...why not them

Do I sound immature enough to need to prove myself to a random user on /biz ?
Sorry If I come up like that ...
Also : If you want crypto to survive and be the new paradigm - start services that require crypto. Use ecommerce with crypto. Sell stuff with crypto. Supply and demand :)

I remember when I called Bitcoin the tulip scam..

> In 2011

> when it was around $11

then I heard about ETH when it was $11...

I didn't miss out, thank fucking God

same

How did you know it would moon so much ? I thought it would go to 20-30$ at most. I still beat myself thinking that I sold more than 30k Eth for 10$ a piece ...But hey selling at a win is always better!

what i'm wondering is what it means to work in social engineering