Almost left her kingdom in ruins due to shit diplomacy and military skills

>Almost left her kingdom in ruins due to shit diplomacy and military skills
>Lost 40 castles in one month during war
>Wasted money and resources on building temples even when her kingdom was fucked in the ass by its neighbors
>Added as a new civilization in Civ VI because she had a vagina
>Doesn't even look Korean

YASS QUEEN

Its not like girls play vidya. Why the fuck do developers and studios do this? It just pisses their main demographic off.

Should've kept Sejong desu

Fucking women getting all of the love, why don't my tranny Roman emperors get any?

>it just pisses the main demographic off
got any stats for that?

Gamergate phenomena

Women can't rule.

Really anyone other than Sejong would be a meme choice for Korea.

Who cares, Civ has been doing this whole thing of putting in irrelevant female monarchs for a long time. It makes the game have a bit more variety to it, which is ok by me, although some of their choices have been disappointing. Why did they include Cleopatra as the Egyptian leader when she was Ptolemaic, not an actual leader of the kingdom of Egypt. They could have used Hatshepsut instead.

Instead of complaining I wish you had made a thread about Korean history instead, here have a drawing.
>The Siege of Pyongyang was a battle fought between the Ming-Korea alliance and Japanese forces during Japanese invasions of Korea(1592-1598). The Japanese forces (led by Konishi Yukinaga)were roughly 18,000 in strength, and had spent the past few months setting up defenses in the castle of Pyongyang. But Ming-Korea alliance successfully repelled them.

Shit ton of anecdotal evidence being a gamer for years and an active member of the online community
Because there are a very vocal minority of SJW gamers that go out of their way to give companies bad press if they don't comply

The Ming-Joseon allied forces.

Kingdom of Joseon (Korea)
1 : Warrior monk with a rattan helmet
2 : Archer with a cuirass made of paper, cotton and hemp cloth
3 : Shielded infantryman (Paengbaesu 팽배수)
4 : Elite infantryman (Gapsa 갑사) with a brigandine armor
5 : Horse archer with a chain-mail
6 : Standard-bearer

Ming Empire (China)
7 : Ming muslim peasant conscript
8 : Ming arquebusier
9 : Ming cavalry general
10 : Ming hand cannoneer
11 : Ming cavalryman with a chain-mail
12 : Ming guardsman
13 : Ming cavalryman with a brigandine armor
14 : Ming light cavalryman from mongol

Why are they fucking Furries?

6th century Baekje (ancient korean state), court with royal family, nobles and officials. The high fashion of this period was highly diverse.

First battle in the Japanese invasions of Korea (1592-1598), May 25, 1592.

Joseon(Korea) hand cannoneers.

why not

Still less egregious than using Maria I instead of Henry the Navigator in Civ V.

Busanjin fell to Japanese forces. But all of the soldiers and even local farmers fought against them until the end. General Jeong Bal(정발, 1553-1592), who is famous for his black armor, fought so fiercely that after the war was over Matsuura Shigenobu (松浦鎭信, 1549-1614) said to Joseon ambassador Hwang Sin (황신, 1560-1617) :

>Among the generals of your country, the general of Busan dressed in black must have been the most feared general of all.

However nearly all of Busanjin's fighting force was killed. The Japanese massacred the remaining garrison and noncombatants.

Battle of Gwiju(Kuju) [귀주대첩], which occurred in 1019, was the major battle during the Third Goryeo-Khitan War (1018-1019).

From left to right : Liao(Khitan) cataphract, korean heavy cavalryman, korean light cavalryman

Because Furries add literally nothing and makes shit more confusing. No one's gonna like it unless you're a Furry yourself, otherwise it's just fucking weird.

some furry drew a lot of furries in different historical attires

April 28,1592 Dalcheon plain, Chungju. Battle of Tangeumdae.
Joseon(Korean) Cavalry vs Japanese arquebusiers. The battle was finished with decisive Japanese victory. Almost all of the korean soldiers were killed, and Konishi Yukinaga took Chungju with minimal losses.

How does it make it more confusing? The whole point is to showcase the costumes and weapons, we know what a Korean looks like.

/thread derailed.

There are people who still play civ when paradox and tw games give superior specialized gameplay

furries will always have a home on Veeky Forums, you bigots

>inb4 assassination of Mario by Niko

>video games
>furries

Delete this fucking thread mods

King Jeongjo正祖 of Joseon (R. 1776 – 1800), in brigandine armor.

Based on -원행을묘정리의궤園幸乙卯整理儀軌-.

15th century Joseon(Korea), soldier wearing a plated mail

Aside from the fact that these drawings are obviously of low quality, further signifying they were made by a furry, you're showcasing real historical events, arms and armour with realistic proportions, colours and accurate depictions. The fact that they then all have animal faces is extremely jarring. Because everything else in the pictures is ordinary and expected of a realistic historic depiction, you're drawing attention to the fact that they're furry. They're super obvious on the backdrop. If they were much more anthropomorphic like say Zootopia, I'd be sticking out a lot less since then, it's clear the cartoony elements are being emphasised and so it doesn't feel like it doesn't belong with the rest of the picture. This is uncanny valley as shit.

>being different for the sole sake of being different

This doesn't bother me.

I didn't even know who she was, and now I do. That's history

low quality? I think they're pretty good.

The proportions, line work and detail is alright but there's basically no shading and shadows are completely absent, both of these things are some of the hardest parts of drawing. Also, it's painfully obvious this was drawn on a tablet. It wouldn't surprise me if he just traced actual historical illustrations.

If the average age of a gamer is indeed in their mid 30s they are much more likely to be outside of the #5guys demographic, and would remember playing series classic Civ II, which went so far as to have a completely fictional female Zulu leader.

>It wouldn't surprise me if he just traced actual historical illustrations.
it wouldn't surprise me if he just took stills of a movie and traced over them and tacked on the furshit afterwards

Civ VI is a fucking joke. Every time I consider getting back into it they pull shit like this. Time to resume my EU4 game as King Louis II Carolingian and finish conquering Italy and pushing in France's shit.

It got Ming-Joseon period armor correctly.

Something even Osprey can't do.

She looks like a filipino. I thought Koreans were white-skinned

Look at North Koreans to see OG Korean colors. Not Plastic Southerners.

Well the DLC is called rise and fall
she definitely fits the fall part

Civ characters are a fucking joke. If you're gonna guide a civilization through all of History, why do they add only one character? Why do they add characters at all? I could imagine America coexisting with the Aztecs, but I can't take the game seriously when they put Roosevelt and Moctezuma in the picture.

Civ 6 has shitty mechanics, shitty ai, and cartoony uncharismatic chara design.
Civ 5 is great tho.

>not using your army to penetrate a weak civilization ruled by a woman
It's like you hate fun.

Good on you. These CIV games are for kids. Real men play Total War and Paradox games.

Admiral Yi for Korea!

Oh thank god I bought Civ5 instead of 6

He was a general and admiral though, not a national leader.

It gives each civilization a face, it humanize the game.

nice thumbnail

Just play age of empires.

>Female Characters exist because of female players.
How old are you?

I don't like that rule.

Does Henry the Navigator really count as a national leader? He was never king or PM. He was just an affluent prince that really liked trade.

I want Richelieu for France, also.

Fuck off back to /v/.
>implying any of these people give a shit about Civilization
Notice that the thread is all whining about SJWs instead of discussing Korean history. It's always the same shit everytime DLCs are released

>paradox games
Johann pls leave. I will not buy your 100€ DLC

take you shitty kid media and go back to /v/.

>It got Ming-Joseon period armor correctly.
I do like the effort put into this but most of the Ming armors depicted differ from the standard equipment used by the Ming northern border garrisons.

Only 3 from and 13 fit the time period and the troops that participated.

7 is a coastal militia/southwestern brave during the height of the Wokou raids.
8 is an arquebusier officer from the Chongzhen era(postdating the war).
9/12 are guards from the capital garrisons.
10 is based on a drawing from a modern book on Chinese armors.
11 combines Emperor Wanli's parade helmet with a suit of mail armor.
14 is based on some shitty Osprey drawing.

>Something even Osprey can't do.
Fair enough,though Osprey didn't exactly set a high bar to begin with.

Not the guy who posted the Osprey thumbnail but clearly that particular author mistook a woodblock print of lamellar armor for something else entirely.

the YouTube comment section

how did you learn so much about Chinese arms and armor, got any book recommendations?

Decently traced, shame about the furshit

I thought this woman was Southeast Asian at first.

>how did you learn so much about Chinese arms and armor
You tend to see regurgitated information when there's a limited amount of Ming pictorial sources and archaeological finds.

There are also research articles on Ming scrolls that give provide the historical context and the participants involved.

>got any book recommendations?
If you have access to the Ming period scrolls they are your best source bar none.

中國古代軍戎服飾 and 畫說中國歷代甲胄 covers the basics.

中國兵器史稿 provides a historical overview of Chinese armaments with diagrams and photographs.

手臂錄無隱錄釋義 - 明代槍法短兵解密 is the best I've seen yet. The author uses the military manuals as his source of inspiration.

Here's the author's interpretation of 四鎮三關志 that depicts a suit of lamellar from the northeastern border garrisons(1574-1576).