Plant Proteins sucks compared to meat ones

>Plant Proteins sucks compared to meat ones

What is this meme all about?

Bioavailability is 78%, so you have to eat more protein to absorb the target amount.

Also can be kinda hard to get a full range of aminos, in balanced proportions

The ratios of amino acids in plant based protein are different from animal based protein
Especially leucine which contributes to muscle growth is less abundant in plant protein.

They are both good but animal based protein is slightly better.

Plant protein is proven to raise estrogen levels and lower test. For an otherwise healthy male eating 200g of plant protein a day is equivalent to eating 50g of animal protein. It also turns your skin green and makes you a psychopath.

tends to have a poorer amino acid profile (resulting in subpar intracellular concentrations for optimal rates of translation due to competitive antagonism), digestibility (fiber, anti-nutrients, storage proteins more resistant to proteolytic degradation, etc), and presence of compounds (plant secondary metabolites) that work against anabolism

though isolated soy protein comes very close to a cooked piece of meat

it doesn't 'suck' per se and it's good to consume for many other reasons, it's just not ideal for the purposes of putting on lean mass

Meat protein is slightly better for people who lift.

Normal people will be just fine on a vegan diet.

Also getting huge is possible whilst maintaining a vegan diet, its just a bit harder.

Soy protein is superior to meat. The only animal protein that is superior to soy is dairy. Pea protein is also superior to meat. Always love people making shit up. Just look at the DIAAS results and shut the fuck up.

This is true soy protein also has more leucine MEATFAGS BTFO

inb4 bitch tits may may

>caring about protein sources
unless you're vegan and planning to step on a stage, you don't need to give a shit about protein sources and amino acids. just make sure you eat a variety of greens, seeds, legumes, ... and you're safe.

>Always love people making shit up.
>>Just look at the DIAAS results and shut the fuck up.

oh the irony, says the high schoolers whose education on this topic stems from youtube videos, wikipedia, and google searches

DIAAS accounts for digestibility and amino acid score only, not the ratio among amino acids and the presence of plant secondary metabolites (in the case of soy, isoflavones), two other important factors i mentioned

try looking at actual endpoints like MPS

DIAAS doesn't "account for" amino acid score, it IS an amino acid score, hence "AAS". The amino acid score is derived from the ratio of digestible amino acids.

I already acknowledged that dairy is superior to soy, so what's your point? Meat and fish are comparatively bad sources of protein, although red meat contains other substances relevant to athletes.

>DIAAS doesn't "account for" amino acid score, it IS an amino acid score, hence "AAS".
meaningless semantical bickering

>The amino acid score is derived from the ratio of
compared to the reference requirement for non-athletic individuals, usually based on casein, which doesn't have an optimal ratio for protein synthesis anyway

>digestible amino acids.
actually ileal digestible amino acids, since you insist on being autistic. some can be recovered further down the gi tract and some of the nitrogen even in the colon

>I already acknowledged that dairy is superior to soy, so what's your point?
your argument of 'superiority' is based on DIAAS (and even here you're wrong as egg protein, an animal protein, has higher DIAAS than soy), not maximizing protein synthesis, determined using FSR or whatever. your entire post is a strawman to what i'm arguing

eat both, beans and meat = tasty

These are apparently bio availability

Whey Protein Isolate Blends 100-159
Whey Concentrate 104
Whole Egg 100
Cow's Milk 91
Egg White 88
Fish 83
Beef 80
Chicken 79
Casein 77
Rice 74
Soy 59
Wheat 54
Beans 49
Peanuts 43

However i doubt it matters, i get all my protein from plant products aside from milk occasionally, and i make decent gains.

don't wanna start a new thread for this.

where can I get cheap whey protein ?
eu based preferably

myprotein has some good sales every now and then, you can get whey for under 10€/kg and the quality is great

what are those numbers calories? per 100g??

roll

>100g??
percentages compared to whole eggs.

Roll

>quality is great

unless you got it tested in a laboratory I wouldnt trust anything they put on the label

What is labdoor?

>Plant protein is proven to raise estrogen levels and lower test.
source?

is it the actual protein or the phytoestrogens in plants?

rollan

>doesn't even know myprotein
I bet you buy ON faggot

tl;dr: Amino profiles