/plg/ - powerlifting general

Let's stop talking about a whores sex life edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3HrkQaPHAA
sketchtoy.com/67251436
sketchtoy.com/67248448
sketchtoy.com/67251521
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

trappy chan is cute and is probably the most knowledgeable trip on power lifting here

Uhh... h-hey guys. What do you think about APRE6 program? Is ass to grass a meme?

Will esmerala ever stop shitting up these threads? Why the fuck hasnt she been banned yet?

#reportthebitch
#StopEsmeralda

Why can't doctors just cure tendinitis?

Because you need to let the inflammation heal. You should try doing more bicep curls.

i hope she dies, i stopped reading these threads ever since she started posting so much. Fucking attention whoring bitch.

In for Esme is a loosey goosey.

Try not to suck any dick on the way to the gym. I know its hard with your daddy issues.

why does she even trip?
fucking Veeky Forums normieboard is attracting retards and females

also low bar squat + hip extensions ass gains everywhere

she's just lonely to be honest
I do agree with sean that she doesnt really care about PL
she only started again because she got harassed about it

if everyone reports her posts in the last thread, the shitposting bitch will get banned

>Why can't doctors just cure tendinitis?
They can.

Anti-inflammatories and a cortisone shot can do wonders... for a while.

If you have the money, platelet injections are awesome as well.

Know what is cheap, though? A little rest, light recovery activity, and some ice.

how do I get a gf?

Esmeralda is my favourite trip but I was hoping it was only maybe 1 or 2....

>enter thread
>see esm posting
>leave thread
pretty frequent now

Hey guys, how much do I need to lift before I can apply to my college powerlifting team without being humiliated?

arent cortisone injections against wada rules

does anyone have fullbody esmerelda pics?
is she thick?

I did. Best fap I ever had.
Then I deleted it. Worst decision I've ever made.

Nice girl,

Her appearance matches what she is

a trashy cumdumpster looking whore, thats been used up and spat out

300 wilks

go and see

she posted 67 (!!!!!!) out of 382 posts in last thread. She is legit the most retarded trip on Veeky Forums.

>get a gf
Go ask one, and have more to offer her than she does you.

Either that or get a 400 wilks. Right as you achieve 400, Wilks himself comes down and peddles a young virgin bride to you.

>Cortisone (corticosteroid) injections, for individuals subject to drug testing under WADA (most professional and Olympic sports), are banned unless the athlete seeks a theraputic use exemption (TUE), including supporting documents from a physician.

But in all reality, who gives a shit about the IPF and a cortisone injection. If you're competing after a cortisone shot, you better be on the national or world stage.

If you need the shot, you need time off.

Actually talking to women as if they were people

I joined mine with an 800 total at 165. They were friendly and helped out a decent amount. People won't make fun of you in real life for being weak if you're trying to improve.

What said, also she has a manface, an ugly manface at that.

quints speak the truth

Im begging everyone, just report the whores posts, and she will be gone

>Actually talking to women as if they were people
what did you mean by this?

>3x4 squats, 85% tomorrow
>3x4 deadlifts, 87.5% day after tomorrow
gonna die lads

>Right as you achieve 400,
myth busted Tbh, it was all a lie

Treat women like you would treat any other friend.

Talk to them, invite them to do fun stuff, etc

>Most retarded trip
Nah, that's still me

>Right as you achieve 400,
myth busted Tbh, it was all a lie
fucking robert m8 i swear

>maintaining
>gaining good on squats
>stalled on bench
>stalled on deadlift

>start bulking 2mo ago
>gaining the same on squat, start gaining on bench too(10kg in 2mo which is nice)
>stalled on deadlift

Also I've listenet to the same 400 song playlist this whole summer and now I hate all the songs and can't find any good music to listen to.

The amount of straight up autism
What the fuck is going on
I'm sick of this, user ruins, and has always ruined a good plg thread.

all my chad friends just get their snapchat then get them round to fuck and sometimes gf them

>I've listenet to the same 400 song playlist this whole summer

You should mail your playlist to the starving children in Africa so they can suffer as well.

Has anyone tried thr RTS generalized intermediate routine? How were the gains? Wanna give it a try since it looks pretty fun.
>tfw barely make Class III

That works if you have abs.

As an experiment I made 2 tinder accounts one with a shirtless mirror selfie as the default pic and another with the same pictures, but the shirtless selfie as the last pic.

The one with the shirtless pic as default got 3x the matches. Literally.

>RTS generalized intermediate routine?
I've run it (but modified with my own main lift variations).

Your success on RTS hinges 100% on your maturity as a lifter. How well do you know your body? How good is your self control? Can you accurately judge RPE?

If you can, it's brilliant. If you can't or don't read the literature and understand it, then the programming will be no better than any other 4-day program.

I don't understand what you mean.

>I don't understand
youtube.com/watch?v=k3HrkQaPHAA

TL:DR, you're a whiner.

why should I care that africans are dumb savages that destroyed all the infrastructure and framework left by colonialism?
its on them

Because you're not thinking creatively

I see, I've spent a significant amount of time at work reading the manual and some links. Looked relatively easy to grasp. Yeah, I've been playing around with the hihf "bulgarian" PDF that Nuckols has, dunno if that means I understand my body well enough.

this desu

Not the other guy but someones suffering on the other side of the world doesn't have ANY affect on how I feel about the mild inconveniences I experience in daily life.

I wasn't Esmeralda back and for Sean and the insta crew to go

Haven't you shitted up enough threads for one day, Dino?

You should be okay as long as you err on the side of exaggerating RPE a touch.

Never round down... if it felt like a 9, don't call it a 8.5 :)

Made great gains. It was one of the best programs I used as an intermediate-advanced lifter.

>someones suffering on the other side of the world doesn't have ANY affect on how I feel
Then your life will be filled with mild annoyances that you make out to be mountains. I pity you.

Starting a home gym and need some advice on plates. I've already got a bar (Ohio Power Bar) and now I'm looking to grab plates. Ia there anything better about having rubber bumper plates than standard metal plates? I've found a decent price on some bumper plates, but for about $200 more I can get calibrated steel plates. Not sure if those are a waste or not though. Any advice would be appreciated lads.

Get at least 4 bumper plates for rows, or the occasional explosive lift (cleans, etc).

Bumpers are also WAY quieter (even when combined with metal plates) if you live with anyone that would be disturbed by deadlift noise.

Are you implying you care about the quality of a general you set out to be hated in from day 1?

This is the last reply you'll get from this this thread so don't even bother responding.

As a state of the art homegym owner agree with this
Also dont waste your money on "calibrated" plates
Literal waste of money , just get normal cast iron plates for like 60 cents a .lbs

If you care about suffering in africa why are you shitposting on Veeky Forums instead of doing something about it? Maybe send some food their way, fat fuck.

Hey buda do you know of any cues to get a few extra pounds out of a deadlift?

>state of the art homegym
Capitalize please.

STATE OF THE ART. Like so.

>Maybe send some food their way, fat fuck.
I'm not fat.

Also, I donate to a number of charities, despite my meager income.

I'm posting between chores. My lifting is done. I worked 3 hours on my vacation. My son is sleeping. I like to bant and talk lifting on /plg/.

I have a number of friends in Kenya and Tanzania (former teammates). I am also friends with a half dozen friends from the US that do Peace Corps work in Africa.

I don't because I'm living the American Dream, but I do civil service in my community.

>any cues to get a few extra pounds out of a deadlift?
"GO GO GADGET ARMS".

If that doesn't work, then a few cues I've used (as a bad deadlifter with short-ish arms):
>lats tensioned
>bar along shins
>push hips through to lift the bar

Yeah so try cuing "orbit around the bar and not females on Veeky Forums"

I was more thinking along the lines of advanced cues. Such as Mike T's pressure breaths.

Thanks, man. I also wanna give it a go since I'm planning on getting a belt cause the shitty tapered one in our gym broke. With the way things are, it'll be easier to adjust the weights as I get used to the belt.

Then I have no idea. Listen to Mike T.

I am not a good deadlifter.

"Try harder" is the best advice I've ever gotten from 3 guys that I train with that pull 730+.

any input? :

Lads I can't tell if my bench training is getting "smarter" by doing more and trying harder since I need more volume for progress or if it is getting retarded because of all the volume.

ID weights are 255 for 5 x 1

upper VD:
5x5 @ 225
3x8 @ 185

lower VD
2x3 @ 205

RD
4x4 @ 205

ID
ID sets
5x3 backoff sets of @ 225
3x6 @ 185

So, am I retarded, not retarded, or really retarded?

I thought deadlifts were you speciality? You've got a fair deadlift.
Try harder is fair and true, definitely helped me through my last sheiko deadlift day.

But do you not have one secret trick that Isley hates? Some advanced techniques?

how old were you in this pic and how old are you now?

Lol, no.

Anecdotally, my advice would be "if you don't have long arms, train the shit out of your squat and your lats, then rest up, pray, and pull on the damn bar".

Pic was 22, I'm 31 currently.

See pic attached. If you can't find a trend, then it might be time for: more food, better recovery, a deload, or new programming.

look like frodo

the real cure for tendonitis is a painfully long rest (months) and form change

how many guys had your wife been with before you?

Okay I've got a cue for you then. Breath deep into your balls and let belly push against your thighs like you're a big balloon trying to float up and imagine that you've a big hot balloon and your arms are the string held by a small child and then you begin to push down away from the small child with your legs and stomach like a big hot air balloon.

Definitely get 2 pairs of bumper 45's.

After that, watch craigslist like a hawk for weights (assuming you're in the US). If you're quick you can get them as low as $0.25 a pound, and if you're serious about training that will save you a ton of cash in the long run.

If money's no problem, then go full bumper.

He looks like Buffalo Bill

>would you fuck me?
>I'd fuck me

For real though, the work that dude put in shows.

"Zero"

Where does that say "try harder"?

>full bumper.
The only concern there is that most barbells will run out of real-estate for heavy deadlifts.

>Buffalo Bill
I was hamming it up because a grill teammate was taking my pic. We were at a hotel prepping for a bit track meet.

You hide trying harder by floating away from the deathly grip of the little fat child

If I draw you a picture will you tell me where I can improve

No.

My answer will always be what any drawing instructor will say:

>how much drawing are you doing from life?

That's what I'm doing
Drawing what I see

Wait 15 minutes and tell me what you think

>gets told no
>k it will be 15 minutes
lol lad

God speed. May all your wildest dreams come true.

My son (MY son) is awake. Time to be a father :)

Good day.

>MY son
savage

Alex, may I ask you about nuckolls bench?

On sheiko large load 1. Is it okay to sometimes split a workout in two? Comp lifts in morning and assistance in evening for instance.

Virtus smeshed it

Forgive the cartoony nature but that's all I can draw on my phone

sketchtoy.com/67251436

I will now be sitting here for your approval.

Yeah, what's up?

Phil passed away this morning from internal injuries from the car crash

:(

bench is skyrocketing on sheiko fampai

feelsgood

Esmeralda come back :(

What did you use for maxes?

I am running TM right now and gains are starting to stall, so I am thinking it is time to switch programming.

Are you supposed to use paused maxes?

Because if so, I'll need to figure that out.

Right now I'm at 5x1 @ 255 TNG.

So I might do a mock "bench meet" on my upcoming ID (with or without pauses), deload, then start cuckolls.

or maybe no deload.

idk.

sorry, this isnt really a question, just kind of my thoughts / rambling

Reminds me of caetano

You remind me of a... man

Im really sorry but Sean made me draw you getting punched
sketchtoy.com/67248448

I used my paused max and have paused every single rep in the program. Your bench is quite a bit higher than mine, but I started with a paused 200 max and after 10 weeks have an e1rm of 230.

I think as long as you're consistent it's fine. Also, I ran the 3x int med one. I added 3x5 weighted chins to day 1 and 4 sets of DB bench and tricep extensions to day 3.

So what's your honest opinion about the TM anyway?

do you have any pre transition pics?
what age did trans?

I know, he showed me and I told him the guy was not black.

He was angry cause I made fun of something embarrassing he said to me when he was drunk.

what did he say?

Reminder that 99% of things trappy says are a lie and to take what he says with a grain of salt

Can't go wrong low-balling a program to start off.

Okee doke. thanks la.

I am 235 lbs and considering doing the int high.

do you (or /plg/) know if anyone has done this one? or if there is any kind of consensus about who should run this, or when?

Went ahead and improved it

sketchtoy.com/67251521