SEND HELP

>Father is in late 50's with full hair set
>grandfather on mother's side has full set at 83
>brother has full set of hair at 30

How the actual fuck can this be happening? I just pulled my hair back and noticed the full border of baby hairs which I'm pretty sure is 100% indication of receding hairline. Looks like I better start saving my shekels and get hair transplants like good ol Piana.

Is anyone else experiencing this that can offer advice on products to use to slow down the process?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/channel/UCLGpHXaNxt5UE1CPm2ftBYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your father and grandfather never used products which is why their hair never receded.

Stop putting these chemicals in your hair.

Could be many reasons. I'd say check out your hormones. Maybe your thyroid is fucked up.

Also, stop eating junk food, doing alcohol / smoking / drugs, and eat more organic veggies / fruits

Are you talking about hair styler?

Old people didn't use pomade? Lol ok

Definitely guilty of alcohol and some junk food. Is getting your thyroid checked a costly procedure? Thx for response.

Maybe because they didn't' stress about whether they were losing their hair all the time.

Wot. I said I just discovered it when I put my hair back

No idea, I live in a country with free healthcare. But I would definitely advise you to check your thyroid, because thyroid imbalances can fuck up anything on your body, from hair, to mental health.

Also I'd say to check your cortisol levels.

Hi user, I noticed the same thing at age 21. Now I am 35, and...
my hairline has barely moved at all. Don't worry too much about your hair, if you do start to go noticeably bald, shave your head.

thank you, that was reassuring

That's actually quite relieving. Just looked up some stuff you can do, and there's relatively cheep shampoo with DHT blockers. But yeah, if it's too much loss I'll just become wojak

HAIRLOSS PROTIP:

microneedling + minoxidil

microneedling refers to using a dermaroller (google it) to punch a shitload of tiny holes in your skin with a bunch of needles on a roller.
>dude why
because hair loss shit like minoxidil is poorly absorbed by the skin. on it's own, it's like 5% hair improvement. with microneedling it's like 60%, effectively fixing the problem outright.

a dermaroller is like 5 bucks. you want 1mm medical grade stainless steel needles

i 100% guarantee you, for male pattern baldness this will entirely rectify the problem. you use the dermaroller monthly, yes it's painful but not as bad as you think, and you use the minoxidil as directed. think of it like a male period. monthly pain and blood, except from your head.

also, some bonus tips:
dermarolling will prevent aging if you start before large wrinkles form. it also significantly diminishes stretch marks and cellulite. yes, it's painful. around your eyes you have to use a much smaller roller with much smaller needles because the skin is thin and you'll snap your eyes up.

i just fixed baldness, aging and cellulite in one post and all you have to do is stab yourself thousands of times with needles. at least it's cheap. also numbing cream is for pussies.

Don't know how to tell you this user but you should probably have a talk with your mom about this.

What country?

Same, my shit is just fucked up.

dude there's nothing wrong with OP. he's a male. this happens to nearly all of us.

he might just have a "mature" hairline, where it recedes a bit but stops. virtually all men get AT LEAST this much. or, it could get worse.

at any point, you can rectify it with
but also do your own research. or just shave your head but enjoy not getting any pussy.

If you are in your early 20s with that hairline you WILL be bald in your 30s

>How the actual fuck can this be happening?
You were a cuck baby

I have had a receding hairline since I was 17, I am 22 now and it hasn't receded at all since I was 17. I look like I'm balding but I don't think I am. Just take pictures of your hairline every month or so.

MOTHER FUCKING THIS

I'm using a derma roller 1.50 mm and it has fucking stopped my hair loss. If you are in early stages, I advise you to do this 100%

Greece

not true

I'm proof

check em

>tfw tell someone about dermarollers, they tell you they look like torture devices and they'll never use them
>by the time they come around, it's too late

well, not really too late. just really inconvenient in how much longer it will take. prevention is easier than treatment.

1 away from quints

It sounds nasty, because it is, but it works: onion juice, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Combine all three and use as a wash on your scalp. I would sleep with it, but it would be as effective if you let stand for an hour.
Make sure all ingredients are organic.
This really does work, but it makes your hair smell awful.
Watch some YouTube videos from this dude, he documents the entire thing and ends up with a full head of hair. m.youtube.com/channel/UCLGpHXaNxt5UE1CPm2ftBYQ
I've personally done it as well.

AAAANNNNNDDDD now i'm bald.

Fuck, play with fire, get burnt.

Burn the coal pay the toll

steam the rice, pay the price

why not just shave it or buzz it really short?

you bitches need a pair of clippers and stop your bitching

Oh, boy.

step 1: stop being a pussy

step 2: shave your head or get a really short cut and be a man

fellow dermaroller.
It's soo fucking painful PHAM.

Quit the creatine retard

I gotta buy this microneedling.

it's much less painful if you do it after a warm shower, when your skin is all soft.

some places are just painful as fuck regardless, though.

get 0.75-1.5 mm
i'd start with 0.75mm since 1.5 is painful

the temple area is killer for me.
What length do you use and how often pham?

I don't mind pain, i've been the only bald guy in my highschool, now i'm using minoxidil, hair conditioner, special shampoo. I'm reading that 2mm is the most effective but 1,5mm is good too?

1mm monthly. just for prevention, skin should never have problems.

and yes the temples are painful, holy fuck. neck too. my god the neck.

your hairline can just be maturing. this happened to me at around 20 -- my hairline shifted back a bit, and hasn't moved since. Did me a big fucking frighten at the time though.

Pay denbts

>GREEK
>WHITE

REKT

How often do you use it? I'm using minoxidil almost every day.

I'm 0.75 twice a month pham. Not using minox but am using Ketoconazole, dunno how it's working thus far

Do you use the shampoo every night or only when you roll?

for hair loss, twice a month is definitely the smart choice. this user has the right idea
each microneedling keeps holes open generally for about a week and a half, so twice a month should be ideal if you're using something with it.

idk if 0.75 is the best length for it but it sounds about right. the studies i read on microneedling + hair loss stuff use minoxidil and not ketoconazole but smart money is on microneedling improving results significantly regardless of what you use, especially considering the fact that microneedling alone (without any hair loss cream) seemed to reverse hairloss as well, although not as well as microneedling + minoxidil.

if you're interested learning more about that, look up "microneedling minoxidil" on scholar.google.com

if you're already using minoxidil then DEFINITELY get a dermaroller. you'll make a shitload more hair gains.

>mature hairline
>balding

stop worrying OP

>eat more organic veggies / fruits
Rather be bold than a faggot

Do you roll it only on bald spots or you roll your entire head? My hair on the top is much more thinner than on the sides. Should i roll the top of my head?

The white man took my land but he will never take my hairline.

i (guy you're replying to) don't use shampoo, but you'd just use it as directed the exact same as normal, or at least that's what they did in the studies. the whole point of microneedling is to get your skin to absorb the shit you put on it better, and it's very effective at that. it also works just on its own for some reason, which is why i don't use shampoo right now (atm just rolling monthly is enough to stop my hair loss)

If i use this dermaroller to fix my receding hairline, will the littles holes be visible?

there's no point in rolling areas that aren't losing hair. just roll the thinning/bald spots.

you have to remember how hair loss works. you have two types of hair follicles. for simplicity, we'll call them A and B.
A gets it's shit snapped up by dihydrotestosterone (DHT) due to your genetics
B don't give a fuck

you have both A and B. male pattern baldness is literally just type A getting fucked up and the remaining hair follicles are all type B, which is generally the sides and back of your head. no need to roll that.

so obv there's no point in rolling type B, only A since A is the actual problem here. if you're losing hair on the sides and back, it's not because of male pattern baldness and is indicative of some other health problem (and will be corrected once you address that problem).

the mechanism hair loss shit like minoxidil uses for reversing hair loss is just blocking DHT from your hair follicles. that's literally all it does. unfortunately, it's absorbed into those follicles poorly. unless you microneedle that shit.

generally speaking, no. if you press too hard or the needles are shit, there will be some marks visible for a few days. otherwise, there will be some redness for maybe a few hours.

you'll probably fuck up the first few times so make sure you have nothing else to do that day. ideally, do it on the weekend or when you're off work.

This. I use Minoxidil twice a day as directed, one of those times per day with dermaroller right BEFORE minoxidil.

I'm not even 2 fucking months in, and i have noticable regrowth of my ENTIRE hairline.

Sorry for the shitty photo from my phone but you can still see the hairs despite the shitty quality which is a massive improvement. They're obviously clearer in real life.
That area was almost completely bald. There were hair follicles there, but they were really hard to see, even with my head right up to the mirror.

Keep in mind that I am 21 and in the early stages of hairloss with no family history so if you're 40 and completely bald I wouldn't expect this to work.

nice. if it's growing that much, you should get it all back over time. i'm glad to see it's working for you.

also this should work regardless of age or hair loss stage. the mechanism is the same in all of those scenarios. it'll just take longer if you have more hair to regrow.

so, user, do you use the dermaroller one, or do you recommend another brand?

lol i use some cheap chinese shit

don't worry about the brand. it's literally just needles on a roll, pretty hard to fuck up. just make sure they're medical grade stainless steel so they don't dull in 2 uses or fuck your shit up.

and don't get one of those rollers with like 2000 needles on it or whatever, that's a meme.

Do you have to use minoxidil with it or is there something else that can have a similar effect? I don't want to stop using it just to have my hair fall out even worse.

>grandparents have no hairloss
>dad has minor hair loss in late 40s

A-Am i safe?

you can just keep dermarolling without anything else bi-monthly or monthly, should do a lot for maintenance.

and yeah there's a lot of stuff that has a similar, if weaker effect. caffeine is one, another is zinc pyrithione, ketoconazole (these are anti-dandruff ingredients in shampoo).

so basically, you can use minodoxil to get your hair back, then just dermaroll with some anti-dandruff shampoo, which should fix it for you. otherwise, you have a shitload of DHT and will have to keep using minoxidil.

No

So minoxidil before rolling or rolling and then minoxidil?

rolling + minoxidil, then just rolling after. if you start losing hair again, change to an anti-dandruff shampoo. if still losing hair, idk, i'm sure there's a specific kind of shampoo for that, you'd have to look it up. or just go back to minoxidil.

rolling alone was enough to stop my hair loss.

Roll before minoxidil, that way the minoxidil will absorb into the small punctures in your skin from the roller.

Only if he's using something like head and shoulders. That stuff will make your hair fall out

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see a succes story. I think im going to try this also.

What do you mean "maintenance?" And what about oils like emu, or are they just snake oil? And what about using the roller on the actual hairline? Will that fuck up any remaining follicles?

>What do you mean "maintenance?
i mean, rolling alone seems to stop hairlines from receding. so if you want, after you get all your hair back with minoxidil, you might be able to get away with just rolling and nothing else.

>And what about oils like emu, or are they just snake oil?
i really don't know. i haven't researched any of that so i don't know if that's effective at all.

>And what about using the roller on the actual hairline? Will that fuck up any remaining follicles?
nah, it won't mess anything up. it didn't in the studies anyway. at some point you're going to be rolling in an area where hair is growing anyway and it won't mess the hair up then either.

I capped some important shit from this thread is somebody needed help again.

>like having a period
No its not, that's not what its like at all.
females can't escape a period, all normal healthy girls will inevitably have to deal with it, its a process that creates life, it includes a whole host of issues besides bleeding (which again isn't even the same blood coming from your head), and happens to the girl regardless of how insecure she is or who she is

Your dermatology rolling drug party however is just a sad attempt for insecure guys to cover up the aging process. This isn't forced upon you every month, you choose to fucking bdsm rolling pin your head out of your own insecurities about something that doesn't even cause health problems.

Seriously, I couldn't imagine my bf doing this to himself, taking drugs that fuck with your health and fucking metal pins in your scalp... all over shallow insecurities over how your external looks. I would leave him if he started acting crazy like that. And yea, he's 31 and obviously balding, and yea, I find him way more attractive as someone who's bald and secure with themselves enough to not torture themselves over something so stupid versus trying to desperately hold on to youth.

There are millions of things more important than having hair, like your health and mental sanity.

You could say the same about a guy getting fit? Hurrr just be yourself and accept yourself the way you are. Something like that?

Nice projecting.

You even pretended to be a girl, wow.

Yeah yeah just "bee urself" it's funny how the only kind of people who say shit like this are the ones with head full o hair. People want to look good, by getting Veeky Forums, by dressing well by having nice hair. There's nothing wrong with it.
Your post is like fatties saying "every man loves curves!" and we all know how they look. Bald guys will never score the same type of chick guys with a head full of hair will.

lol ok. it sounds like your husband is a LUCKY guy to be with such an understanding fucking cunt.

tell me more about how hard life is as a woman. those periods must be BRUTAL.

this is about self-improvement, not insecurity. i know it's hard for a cunt to understand that.

Nope, absolutely not the same. Being fit is good for overall health, balding however doesn't directly effect your health like being fit does. The only issue I see with balding is protecting your scalp from sun damage. Being unfit has a whole host of health issues associated with it including all your internal organs, etc. Balding is usually just your genetics aging and doesn't pose health risks. Also you can reasonably control being fit, balding is just genetics like being short.

>balding is just genetics like being short
yeah i'd rather stab hundreds of needles into my head

I never said "bee yourself", that's horrible advice to give on this board- a lot of you have horrible personalities and self confidence issues. Also I'm actively dating a balding Guy, so I don't get the "its easy for you to say" part, as I am actively in said situation
>comparing being fat to being bald
Are you fucking retarded? That's like comparing being short to being fat. You can control being fat, you can't control what genetics you're given. You have the same logic as haes

>you can't control what genetics you're given
We live in a times when you can so fuck genetics.

>husband
Lol I don't do marraige, nice reading comprehension though!
>tell me about how hard life is as a woman
Again with the reading comprehension , never claimed anything was "hard", just that you're a fucking moron to say two things are alike that are actual not at all alike. Your lack of understanding about basic human bodily functions is what's concerning. Thinking that the same blood that comes from your scalp, is the same as period blood,
gives me the impression that you have an elementary level of education.
>this is about self improvement, not insecurities
oh boy, you are quite delusional. If you don't think risking all this time, money, blood, side effects, etc. To change something that doesn't even effect your health, isn't insecure- you need to go visit Google and type in "insecure", press enter, and read.
There are a million more important things in life, grow up and get over yourself

Youre already born, so no you cannot control what genetics you've already been given. The only thing you can do is use environmental factors to turn some genes on and off. You cannot change what's already there, unless you count mutated DNA from aging- but again that's not something you control or something you want

>being bald and undesirable by most women younger than 30.
>using special shampoos, rollers, and other shit to keep your head full of hair
Yeah after surviving hell that was being the only bald guy in highschool(wasn't pretty but i'm not gonna dwell) i will never go back to being bald, it's a curse for any man or woman. Whenever you see a bald guy and you'd ask him a question if he'd like to have his hair back he will always answer yes.

>getting this defensive
wow, you really have low self-esteem, huh?

you're clearly projecting

i didn't bring up the period thing as a serious comparison, by the way. it was a fucking joke. i'd tell you to chill out but honestly i want to rub dirt in your face for acting like a cunt.

>If you don't think risking all this time, money, blood, side effects, etc
let's see
>time
it doesn't even take a minute, twice a month
>money
costs $5
>blood
usually doesn't even bleed
>side effects
there are none

watch. next week you'll think, "if it's that easy, maybe my bf will do it after all!"

Take it from someone who started the process young, it honestly doesn't matter that much dude.

If you want to stop it that badly, more power to you, there are ways to do so that have been covered in this thread, but other than some ribbing from my friends and some initial insecurity it hasn't really impacted my life all that much.

Girls would shit their pants if their hair started falling out. Applying modern medicine for 5 minutes a day is hardly torture. I mean if there was a salvo that made men taller everyone under 6 foot would be using that too

Definitely go for it. The more you wait, the worse it will get and the less chance of recovery you'll have.

Good luck!

Kv santa y isit

This.

I actually like the feeling of the dermaroller and topical solutions dont have side effects except for dandruff. But just put coconut oil in your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes and wash it out.

To the person having a tantrum about people caring about how they look, it is almost ZERO effort to use this method. It takes a minute out of your day, if that.

Shave your head - it fucking rocks!

Irish Grandfather who drinks like prohibition is about to be reinstated

Full head of hair

English Grandfather who drinks micro beers every blue moon.

Bald as fuck

Explain this bullshit.

holy shit this. i cant testify for hair, but dermarolling has done wonders for my skin. its practically flawless now.

i can explain, actually.

it has to do with statistic significance and a lack of understanding of it.

there's a point at which data becomes statistically significant, where it demands recognition. for example, blacks committing more crime than whites warrants saying. it's statistically significant, but also way exceeds that threshold. it's kind of an epidemic, actually, but it's in the same category. "statistically significant". keep this in mind because drugs work the same way. things that REALLY work and things that barely work both get that sticker: "it works!" even though one is almost worthless and the other is amazing.

there's an entire industry in fad diets dedicated to researching some bullshit, finding out that something is statistically significant, if only barely, and marketing some product with that "It works!" sticker on it.

why is that important? because the same thing applies to things that damage your health. some things straight up fucking kill you, like trans fats. other things cause some minor issues in the short term, like hotdogs. depending on how ignorant the person you're talking to is, though, they'll put hotdogs and trans fats on the same field. because they're "both bad".

drinking is one such example. it has a statistically significant effect on hair loss but it's not going to make you bald and mostly it won't be noticeable. if you're already going bald, it'll make it worse but then, you're already fucking going bald so it's not such a big deal, is it?

the more you know

iirc your hairiness is inherited from your maternal grandfather. my dad is relatively low hair, i.e. no chest hair and no bicep hair, cant grow a beard, but i ended up hairy as fuck.