I'm going into the Navy and am highly considering trying for the SEALs...

I'm going into the Navy and am highly considering trying for the SEALs. I got a 90 on my ASVAB and I don't leave for 9 months. I've been regularly lifting and running for two months but still have 9 months until bootcamp. Is it reasonable to think I can get to that physical level in that time? Any tips? I'm 6'1 and 175 pounds currently.

Other urls found in this thread:

navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
store.stewsmithptclub.com/minatrbtospw.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is it reasonable to think I can get to that physical level in that time?
Any tips? I'm 6'1 and 175 pounds currently.
Doesn't matter if you can get to that level in 9 months (unlikely anyways) because if you didn't get SO on your contract when you went to MEPS then tough luck pal.
Washout rate is like >80% anyways.
What rate did you pick?

How's your vision? I didn't get into the BUD/s program cause they stopped giving up lasik surgery to applicants.

Idk depends broski. You may want to look up online on what do to do, because I doubt there are any seals on Veeky Forums.

But from what I do know, you need to have godly physical and mental endurance. Run long distances, focus on more body weight exercises, and if you do lift, work on doing higher reps and lower weight.

Funny thing is you'll find that a lot of seals aren't always the ripped motherfuckers that are in the gym 24/7. They're usually the skinny farm boys that have no quit in them.

Most seals are manlets too.

nice dubs, and I've noticed that too from the guys in the DEP pool and pictures. It's not often i see shreded guys, mostly just endurance gods.

I very highly recommend Stew Smith's training programs. He's a former SEAL who specializes in training programs for all branches of the military, including the SEALs.

I have your back user

navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

shit user this is some A+ material, thanks a ton

I would recommend you join the infantry or marines so that you can develop your combat and fieldcraft skills before even thinking of trying out for SEALs. This is a Canadafag tho, what do I know?

They're here, by the way:
store.stewsmithptclub.com/minatrbtospw.html

sorry Canada fag, but I don't wanna restart my rankings by having to hop military branches. Thanks for the advice though.

>Is it reasonable to think I can get to that physical level in that time?
No.

You can transfer rank across branches. Rank doesn't matter in special forces, you're still special forces. Doesn't matter anyway, considering you will get thrown meritorious promotions at you just for being special forces.

be able to ace the pft like 100 pushups and 100 situps and 20 pull ups swim a good time and you're solid to get in

Former servicemen don't have a better chance of completing the SEAL course than sailors from the Navy. You'd just be wasting your time in another service.

>thinks an experienced infantryman with multiple combat deployments over four years isn't more likely to complete BUD/S
>than some jackass that sits in an engine room all day for four years

BUD/S has a high washout rate because 75% of the faggots in any given class don't belong there in the first goddamn place.

You need a lot of cardio, first and foremost. Focus on that (running, swimming, etc.)

More important than anything else, however, is mental fortitude. You will be severely sleep deprived and pushed to and beyond your limits.

You'd better be sure this is really what you want to do, because if you aren't absolutely set on becoming a SEAL you won't make it through BUD/s.

You really think the Navy hasn't looked into this stuff before? Former servicemen have the same attrition rate as sailors. Spending time in another service gives you no advantage.

Can you explain what the process has been like? From beginning to now?

The only 2 posts in this thread of actual value.

Hey dude, I can tell you a few things. ASVAB doesnt mean shit unless you fail out, in which case a high asvab will be good for getting a better rate on a ship. People in my division had asvab as low as 76, didnt matter. Some were super dumb to talk to. Most were regular ole humans that happened to excel at everything they ever put their mind too. We lost 40-50 out of 180 due to medical. The recruiters will lie to you, telling you to just not tell or that you dont need certain forms if you dont tell. You will get extra medical in 800 divisions. They will find anything you are hiding.

As far as PST scores, they dont mean much. Everyone passes their pst scores once in boot and pre-bud/s. Honestly, it comes down to hell week. Pushing through exhaustion, cold, unfair scenarios, and sleep deprivation. Drop out for my class was 96%.

1) Make sure you do well under sleep deprivation.
2) Make sure you can use a kick-board in water for about an hour straight, for sprints. Tougher than it seems. Treading water with egg-beaters helps.
3) A 50m breath hold is needed eventually, but it will also help you to learn it now and will comfort ability under water.

Also, don't get a job in boot. It's unnecessary and will cut into your sleep. Don't bother working out at night either. Learn all your ranks and insignia's and other shit before you go. Shave your head before you go.

My PST scores incase you wanted them:
Swim: 7:22
Push: 89
Sit-up: 126
Pull: 28
Run: 8:45

These scores, again are irrelevant eventually. It will come down to mental strength. Pushing your body past what it tells your brain it can do.

is the 7:22 your 500 time?

:bragtime: I swam in hs broke a minute in 100 breast I miss it

If you drop out try going aircrew. I see those guys every day and they seem more fit than the dudes in the buds program that I see walking around Coronado all day. Mostly everything is a metal game though.

Also if you can't get aircrew, try to get any aviation rate so you don't end up on a ship your whole enlistment.

9 months is a solid amount of time. There are people that train for years and don't make it. It has a lot to do with self determination.

Curious why you pick SEALS over another special operations group?
You like swimming?

Fame hungry and notoriously so, at least the ones in the past four years going in. You'll disregard this post 'til you get in and look around and realize you're in a glorified frat- except these frat guys have guns, will try to virtue signal their patriotism and hard won fights, and think they really are better than anyone and everyone else. I don't think they are all this way, but certainly the longer time goes on the pool of enlistees gets darker with narcissism. like I said, pay close attention when you actually meet one and try to be objective but not disrespectful. Strategically they may be the sharp point of the sword, but that sharp point is comprised of dull bits of junk metal.