Anyone else hate these half-faggot leg pressers?

These tools who load up 10 plates on either side of a leg press machine and do a rep? Ever see them do a legitimate compound lift? Fuuuuuuccccckkkkkk no. Sit there looking like total faggots, with their bandanas. Why do cunts always wear bandannas,

Don't get me started on their lack of a rerack.

I learned to hate it the snap city way OP

I agree, familie. What the fuck is the point of the leg press, honestly?

Quarter-squatters are even worse, go down 2 inches with 3 plates and say it's a PR and you're working on depth :DDD

It has to be a show off mentality.

new fag here. been lifting for a bit over 2 weeks.

so why are leg presses bad?

?

i do this as part of accessories before deadlifting or squatting

They're not bad. They're talking about ego lifting being bad

PT told me to lift heavy on Leg-Press and Hack Squat while im working on mobility and other issues to reach proper depth.

Right now i can only hit depth in a sumo-squat or if i have the weight in front of me.

Not everyone can be a perfect lifter. Some people have knee issues or back or whatever.

Ego-lifters in general are bad

Squats are infinitely superior to leg press

Posterior chain

t. Mark Rippletits

I snapped my knee a couple of years ago and fractured my coccyx 6 months ago, leg press is now my only hope.

>tfw full-faggot leg presser masterrace

I can do like 7 plates on it for my calves. Shit hits up nice for like 20 reps. Calves are sore as a bitch!

>before deadlifting and squatting
b8?

Because it's a machine, it lets you put crazy amount of weight on it and lets you move it. a lot of times these fags take up all the plates in the gym and rep with the range of like 4 inches effectively doing nothing but "showing off"

Is there some kind of exercise runners tell each other to do where you load up a leg press with a ridiculous amount of weight and do really quick tiny presses? Because I've seen a few skinny legged cardio guys doing that and mfw

All of these squat cult fags. Probably the same people who admit they dont lift in confessions threads. Leg press works great for isolating work on legs. I get a huge pump and it's improved my squat and deadlift.

>implying people don't ego lift quarter squats 80% of the time

Is there anything wrong with doing leg presses with one leg to use up less plates? Aside from doing leg presses, of course.

>I can only hit depth in a sumo
Post video. If you're really hitting depth sumo as a beginner I will be extremely jealous.

They're inferior to a squat in every way. Certain pathologically weak people, too weak to do even an unweighted squat, might benefit from leg press because it's their only option. But literally EVERYONE ELSE needs to just do proper squats.

No matter what your goal is, squats are better for it than leg press. Unless, at least, if your goal is to look like a complete tool while making nogains.

they're the best. perfect view of those thicc thighs and ass and grunting all at once. just needs compression pants and i'm ready to go.

If you were going to use any machine as an accessory to squats/deads, why would it not be hip flexors In/Out?

>racking up 4+ plates per side
>barely even bend legs to 160 degrees
>go up to 10 plates each side
>don't put weights away

I use do leg presses after squats on my volume days.

How fucked at I guys?

not at all. as i recall the british olympic cycle team do one leg legpress as one of their main exercises.

Im inflexible as a motherfucker, could I load one of these with 10 plates and let it get me in a nice squat position?

My gym has selectable weights with the pin, I just put it on max and do full range of motion to failure. This is at the meme gym planet fitness.

They are not bad per se.

It's just that you should not subsitute squats for them.

Squats are like the Bench Press

The leg press machine like the pectoral fly machine

If you have time, doing both is best, and the leg press is a great way to take things to faliure and really tire those legs. Also, if you are a lanket, you might just not be the best squatter, and the leg press might just be the help you need.

>le leg press is useless meme
>same people who believe this also do SS
top kek. kys faggots.

You could load up a barbell with 1pl8 and let it sink you into a good bottom position. Not saying it to sound like a squat snob, but nothing works better for training squats than squats.
Also try warming up before. I'm a big fan of the Agile 8 warmup routine and warmly recommend it.

well allrighty m8, thanks for the advice

Well, I hurt my back recently and found myself unable to do squats. During recovery, leg press was a good way I could still work my legs without fucking myself up even harder. Now that I'm feeling better, ofc I'm going back to doing squats, but the leg press was useful for me during that time.

So why do gyms have these?

Because most people don't know shit?

there's nothing wrong with them, but everyone on this board will tell you they're inferior to squats. as if your muscles can tell the difference between stimulus from a leg press or from a squat, lmao. they might also throw vague comment in about "stabilizer" muscles.

there are lots of respected bodybuilders who NEVER squat and use the leg press exclusively.

>Squat 4pl8 high bar
>Do my work sets with 3.5pl8 on leg press

Why do I suck so bad at leg press??

your'e probably doing quarter squats

What do you think about using it as an accessory to squats? After my heavy squats I'll load up a couple plates and try to pump out 3x15. Am I retarded

lol no. I got three white lights in competition

Are you going atg

A little under paralell in competition, atg in training

> high bar
>I got three white lights in competition

Do you want to know how I know you are lying?

use leg press as a warmup for my squats, my form is shit for squats so i don't trust myself to do squats exclusively. besides, putting up 8 plates and seeing people stare at you is pretty nice. usually do a 2x15

Why? I'm more comfortable with high bar than low bar. It's not unheard of. Look at haack

There's a regular leg press at planet fitness, stop using the seated machine one you fucking girl. Jesus.

They're totally fine as an accessory to squats. Different footing can isolate different muscle groups as well.

What about half rep randy with the lifting gloves and short shorts on. Fuck that guy

>3 pl8 squat

>Im inflexible as a motherfucker, could I load one of these with 10 plates and let it get me in a nice squat position?

Use the leg press machine as you build up your mobility to do proper squats. Try doing goblet squats + leg press, if you can't do goblet squats do box squats. Work on your dorsiflexion daily and try to sit in a deep squat for 2 minutes every day.

Once you build up your mobility you can hopefully do some squats with good form and if you continue to work on your mobility you can hopefully start doing front squats. to be quite honest with you famalam i sincerely believe that everyone should be doing front squats over back squats as long as their routine includes conventional deadlifts

I wish I had access to a leg press machine, I got weak quads and it's fucking up my deadlift.

>Hurr squat more
>Implying lowbar widestance works quads
>Implying I'm gonna take the time to learn highbar
>Implying atg isn't cancerous

>I'm gonna take the time to learn highbar

Just eat the 50lbs deload when you start practicing highbar friendo it'll be like SS all over again

so narrow hits abductors more, so would stronger abductors translate to increased running speed?

>Eat
>SS

Top kek.

You're right tho.

squats is the main lift
leg press is the assistance lift

you act like people do only one of the two, i always do leg press after squats.

Most people don't have the mobility to squat

At my gym they put all the plates that can fit on it (which is 22 if I'm not mistaken) and then 1/8th rep that. The worst part is that they don't rerack them

I quite like doing a few sets of single leg press as assistance. Regular leg press feels like its putting the back in a very awkward position and my knees tend to go snibbedy snab. I guess it could work if you only keep a small ROM, but going fairly deep almost forces a sort of buttwink, no?

Thinning hair doesn't soak up sweat like it used to. Shit running down my face. Bandana.

I'd love to have access to a leg press so that I could do one-legged leg presses.

I've tried for a long time to get squat form down right, but I'm anatomically not built to squat to an appropriate depth. My hips are set quite deeply, so I can't hit parallel without lumbar curvature. To stop before parallel just places unnecessary load on the knees, so I'm shit out of luck.

Why would anyone ever do leg press to failure? You know if your legs give out it just fucking falls right into you right?

Why would anyone ever work legs to failure? That's fucking retarded, enjoy being dead.

play with your stance width

i use it for ACL recovery (freak accident) as it lets me target muscles surrounding my knee without full body weight+
It's not always about ego lifting breh. define: fundamental attribution error

Litreally exists for peacocking faggots to make too much noise on, old faggots on gear to pretend they're still strong, and for people who have back and spine injuries that would prevent squats.

Guess which one of those 3 is the one that's okay?

The same fucking reason every commercial gym has rows of useless machines. They bring in old retards and fatties that sustain the gym by buying a monthly contract and never showing up after the 2nd month.

For girls and dyels

Rippletits has one in his gym: his reasoning was that the only reasons to have one are to attract the general public, but for strength training specifically it exists to get people too weak or injured to squat the bar safely strong enough to squat.

Hate is a waste of energy OP. I calmly pity them and continue my workout.

I do see many of them do compound lifts though. It used to be a standard body builder "leg day" to do squats and then leg press.

they are working out their calves noobie

Enjoy your herniated backs, squatbois

Confirmed dyel

I'm so short my range of motion hits the bottom of the range of the leg press and the weight is alleviated.

Wow you are a massive faggot. You know that right?

See how that guy in your pic has his knees all the way down to his chest? That's how I do them -- with 965 pounds loaded onto the sled. For 3 sets of 20 reps. U MAD?

My back is injured but I still want to do a leg exercise, I'm assuming the leg press would be the next best alternative, as squats have taken me to snap city when my back was feeling better than it is rn

Leg pressing is to barbell squats as assisted pullup/chin machines are to a bar above your head to do them with.

i tried leg press when i was too injured to squat
i got more injured, 0/10 would not recommend

Leg press actually puts more stress on your back. A proper squat isn't that stressful to your back. Source: tore a muscle in my back, couldn't do deads but squats were fine.

Squats for the most part fatigue your glutes and back quicker than your legs, so if you're bodybuilding and trying to target the quads, a leg press is going to do a better job. Especially if your back is already fatigued from something else, it's really hard to get a good leg workout on the squat.

Lol same. I'm short enough that when I squat at my gym if I'm not careful the bar will rest on the safety rack when I'm at the bottom and I'll lose my balance

I started doing 5x5 squats, 5x8 leg press and 4x25 calf raise as my leg workout and got big legs doing that.

When I was starting squats were hard for me, form was a work in progress, the motion was hard, and my wrists and traps would hurt. I stared squatting the empty bar, but added 5lbs every week. Over time my form got better and I was more comfortable and less scared on squats. I started leg press at 180lbs and that helped me gain strength while my squats were weak. Now I use leg press to isolate my glutes/hams and the inner quads, as well as generally exhaust the muscle. I've failed a lot of times on squats, but it's rare for me to lose control of leg press. I think there is a lot of benefit of going to failure and annihilating your muscle. Leg press is a good way to add to your leg day and move a lot of weight. I also hurt my knees doing quad raises or whatever that unnatural machine is. Leg press is a lot easier to do negatives, work til failure, etc...

Lots of faggotry and ego around that machine tho, because easier than squats, can do small range of motion, and can move probably more weight than any other lift.

I think it's possible to build decent legs on just the leg press, so I think it makes a good addition to things like squats and lunges. Calf raises on leg press is also a lot more comfortable and easier than other types of calf raises, like smith machine or seated.