Tricep or Chest dips?

Tricep or Chest dips?

Which is better?

I can see no meaningful difference other than thumb placement. The rest is just him being lower in the rep for the chest picture.

they both destroy your shoulders

>I can see no meaningful difference other than thumb placement

He is much more forward with his chest more perpendicular to the floor in the first one.

To target the triceps he is more upright though.

All of them hurt my tendies by my clavicle

>leaning this far forward

no wonder you guys inpinge ur shit up

impinge*

"chest" dip is the same motion done with increased shoulder extension. Look at the elbows, arm flexion and extension will be virtually the same.

>what is proper form?

I don't understand the image, right for me should be chest while triceps would be straight.

I prefer chest as it already hits triceps, dips give you joocy cheesticles.

Bad form then.

Do you get cramps in you clavicle too?

my shoulders have started hurting since i started doing dips

should i stop doing them? i havent been sure about it since i changed a bunch of my routine around at the same time when they started hurting

faggots who cant do the best chest exercise because they dont stretch.

If this exercise destroys shoulders than squatting should destroy knees

Ever done dips?

Then you'll know.

no it's not, going straight up and down is tricep. If you lean forward and go down all of it is mostly chest in my experience that is. Like doing cable press, it just pulls ur tits

for chest you musnt go full up, you need to make sure your strength keeping u high is comming from chest thus you lean front and dont go full up striaghtening your hands.

IF THE WEIGHT IS MAINLY OVER YOUR TRICEPS THEN ITS A PROPER DIP BUT NOO

Enjoy your shoulder death

Close grip bench press

Yes you idiot you don't even need them

this

fuck dips

Your form is probably just off. Don't flare out your elbows.

This thread is hilarious. I'm over here dipping 3 plates easy with no pain and there are actually people in here that have destroyed their shoulders from doing this exercise. Fucking L-O-L.

>what is the natural (you know, how the fucking body evolved) range of motion of the shoulder joint under load?

weighted chest dips will make you strong as fuck and has major crossover to bench and OHP.

I stopped benching because it injured me. I was doing 225 for reps. I did 6 months of weighted chest dips and hit 275 for three.

dumb bell bench

it takes time, even though you dont notice it now, doesn't mean it's not causing micro-damage. The same thing can be said for significant decline bench.

Gravity forces the humeral head up into the glenoid during those exercises, and smashes the rotator cuff tendons. You'll feel it later in life - you've been warned

You do understand that recent studies show that only one in five males can actually perform dips for the benefits that the exercise provides with out snapping their shit up

depends on what you want to exercise. if you go for uber otter mode and big arms tricep dips.
if you want to buff your chest up, chest dips.

i do sets of 10 with 30kg added with no problems, just don't go below parallel and you will be fine

This. With their logic it's like don't do squats cause they hurt and will cause more damage later in life.

Sometimes people just hit the exercise too hard when trying to learn it.

>not doing weighted dips

biggest load of horseshit i've heard all day. otter is literal stick arm mode. not a single ottermode has arms above 14 inch.

I like to put chains around my neck, putting more weight forward. Great if you want to hit your chest more than triceps.

>tfw doing ring dips

Is nobody going to say anything about pic related's disgustingly high bicep inserts? Like his hands are supinated and they aren't even close to halfway down his arm...

yeh, ottermode with huge arms is curlbro mode

>tfw both did for me

Ease into it fitizens

You know, proper dip and safe dip form is body completely diagonal at about 30 degrees away from perpendicular to the floor, atleast from head to hips (better all the way to toes but depends if you're a manlet or not)

Then lowering down keeping your elbows completely above your wrist and shoulders pinned back and depressed like a dip.

If your shoulders roll fowards (little bit like OPs picture) you probablt dont have the best shoulder mobility

Nope, I do sets of 12 with 20 kg since the last year and my shoulders are fine, listen to this guy

Weak

Link?

>chest dips
>tfw when shoulder hyperextension
>tfw acromioclavicular joint sprain grade 3
>tfw no more using that shoulder without pain

I used to do them weighted; my muscles could handle it but my sternum couldn't. I've had sore chest bones ever since (1.5 years)

Started changed from regular dips to ring dips recently and I notice, no matter what for I take, I can always feel my chest, triceps and even my shoulders and somewhat my lats and biceps after I'm done with my set. I guess my body is still pretty shit at stabilizing.

how do you manage not swinging?
I've been doing ring dips for a while and I always end up swinging even with really slow reps

Why can't I do dips with two chairs? I can already do like 8 diamond push ups

>8 diamond push ups

Keep doing them until you can easily do 4 sets of 20

haveyou tried bench dips?