/routine general/

Where's the routine general?

Say I'm a beginner and I'm doing SS (so that's workout A and B) and I also want to add
>Workout C
>seated calf raise
>standing calf raise
>preacher curl
>wrist curl
>dumbbell delt raise
>dumbbell shrug/ power shrug
>dumbbell overhead tricep extension

Would it be better to do
>A+CxB+CxA+Cxx B+CxA+CxB+Cxx
or
>ACBCAxx BCACBxx
?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So I asked this in the QTDDTOT thread but didn't get any answers...

So i've been gradually adding weight to squat and deadlift, I'm at 265 for squat, and 305 for deadlift doing 3 sets of 5, which I know isn't a huge amount. How much weight does one need to start doing/How long does one need to do squat and deadlift to notice any core gains? I'm trying to get that thicker strongman core minus some of the fat and I've heard that Squat and Deadlift do this. I also do a good amount of ab work outside of deadlift and squat.

It would be better to not do that day C bullshit at all.

For sure more than that if you want Fridgemode. Probably 5pl8 diddly
Do lots of heavy push press and overhead squatting as well.

I see, thank you. 5pl8 is a long way in the distance but hopefully someday

You're a beginner and you think that you know more than a guy with a top selling book with like 30 years of experience?

Tell us how that goes for you, genius.

Just do my routine instead. Guaranteed to hit the important muscles:

Workout A
Bicep Curls 2x20
Barbell curls 2x20
Preacher curls 2x20
Dumbbell curls 2x20
Wrist Curls 2x20
Cable curls 2x20
Overhead Cable Curl 2x20
Hammer curls 2x20
Skull crusher 2x20

Workout B
Drag curls 2x20
Bent-over curls 2x20
One Handed curls 2x20
Reverse curls 2x20
Power curls 2x20
Snatch high curls 2x20
Lateral curls 2x20
Clean and curls 2x20
Tricep pull downs 2x20

Of course I don't. But does Rippetoe say you don't NEED to add isolation exercises or that you absolutely CAN'T? Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember him saying that SS could even be done by women over 50. So what's to keep me, a young adult male in my theoretical prime, from adding a few isolation exercises? Also SS is centered around strength, not hypertrophy/aesthetics.

Honestly I just need an excuse to go to the gym every night. Brosplits and cardio are out of the question.

my gf has stalled on 5/3/1 and I'm not sure where to take her programming. She started off with SS, then did a program based on heavy triples, then did 5-6 waves of 5/3/1, then a smolov jr program to catch her lagging squat up. her stats are:

5'6 155
DL 335 for 1
Squat (atg) 225 for 2
Press 90 for 5.
Bench 115 for 5.
10 chinups

Her presses are weak and her squat is weak. Maybe I just have her do another smolov jr program? She wants to lift 3-4x per week. Any suggestions?

Needs a little more curls, tbqh
Why not a basic bitch ppl or u/l?

is olympic weightlifting style training good training for athleticism? how do i be explosive and strong?

I do not wish to reply because you have a girlfriend and I am bitter and jealous.

Whatever, have her do 1x5 OHP on one day and volume bench the same day (5x5@80% of Bench day), alternate the other day.
Basically TM. Because iirc 5/3/1 has you do the main lift for intensity and then some stupid bb accessory instead of another main lift for volume.
If she can take it, add 3xF bw dips at the end of upper body workouts.
Keep lower body days the same since they seem to be working.

all she wants to do are squats, DLs, presses, and chinups/pullups. she thinks accessories are BS.

If you want to add isos, just add them of the end of each lifting day, no need for this roitine changing bullshit u want to do

she seems to enjoy dips when she does them. I think she will like this. Thanks much user

mon
squats 7x7

tue
squats 6x6

wed
squats 5x5

thu
squats 4x4

fri
squats 3x3

sat
squats 2x2

sun
squat 1x1

septuple progression
>can complete workout
increase weigth for that day of the week by 5 lbs
>can't complete workout
reduce it by 10% and skip the next day to rest

why the fuck is cardio out of the question

why does pic related say not to alternate the workouts by week? I care more about OHP than bench and I work out with my friend who's still on early SS and it would be convenient for us to bench on the same days.

Do the fucking program.

You're a shitty troll or retarded.

Strong, do your fives. Explosive, pick your parents carefully.

rate my ppl pls.

What sort of routine (reps/sets) should I do to improve my martial arts performance? I do kickbonxing and bjj.

How can I add a power snatch to this routine?

Why so minimalostic on round 2

That routine is a meme written by a roider for other roiders.
I got into liftan for my MA training, so let me recommend what i WISH i had done, if i could do it all over again.

Greyskull
a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
Phrak's variant, with side lateral raise on ohp day, and wrist extensor exercise (forearm roller or reverse wrist curl) on bench day.

When ohp gains stall, stay on the program, and alternate between dumbell pressing and heavy jerks or heavy push press.

At least for the first 6 months.

Then when you hit intermediate either a pp+L or a u/l focusing on heavy jerks (upperbody explosivity + fullbody strength) heavy front squats (dat kicking strength) heavy lowbar squats (dat fullbody strength) and jumping back squats (dat lowerbody explosivity) heavy deadlifts (fullbody power + posterior strength for grappling) and heavy hip thrusts.

Serratus press and bench wont hurt either.

But jerk and jumping back squat should be two of your favorite exercises, when you reach intermediate.

You will also want to place a heavy emphasis on explosivity (plyometrics) and muscular endurance (high rep work)

But that is after you build strength (low rep work)

>or light deadlifts
Replace that with power snatch

The dashes on the right side mean do the exercise from the left side. I was just lazy. If that's not what you meant then would you care to elaborate?

Hey Veeky Forums

Have recently gotten into modeling out in LA. Since I'm on the shorter side of models (5'11.5) I need to gain size to make up for it. What's the best way to do this? I've heard that I should do extremely high rep (100+ range) and target specific muscle groups, but wondering if there are any tried and true routines. Tryna look like pic related (Pietro Boselli, Alpha male)

Have you ever heard of KISS? Not the band, but Keep It Simple Stupid.

The simplest routines using the bare minimum almost always work the best.

>cardio is out of the question

What a memelord fag

You'll want to do a routine like 5x5 SS for strength and moderate explosiveness, but to actively work explosiveness you need to do things like sprints, jump rope, and jump squats/clap pushups, explosive pull ups, etc. Be careful you don't injure yourself with them though.

help

I'm doing pic related but with added accessories.
I've been lifting for ~5 months or so and my lifts are still kinda shit. I'm lean bulking, I'm sure if I upped calories bit more I'd progress faster but I'm gaining ~1 kg or bit more a month so I'm happy with that.
What I'm worried about is if I'm overtraining. I do want strength, hence doing this program, but I don't mind bit slower progress if I end up looking good in the end too. But still not sure if I'm doing more harm than good.
My lifts are: (3x5)
bench 60kg
row 62.5 kg
deadlift 90kg
squat 70kg
ohp 30kg (just deloaded from 35)

Beside these I also do 1 exercise for these every time: triceps, biceps, traps, calves, delts, abs. So for example close grip bench, incline curls, shrugs, calf raises, facepull, plank or rope triceps pushdown, preacher curls, legpress calf raise, side lateral raise, decline crunches/legraises etc.

It kinda ended up looking like ICF which I felt was too much volume/time needed but I'm kinda enjoying it, most of my lifts are progressing at 2.5kg a week tho I did stall few times and had to deload, OHP is biggest pain in the ass too :\

Steroids are the only way. Either that or 5+ years of training with good genetics and expect to be 20 lb smaller

>tfw 2 months into stronglifts and all of my lifts are bigger than yours, aside from barbell rows
>being chubby paid off
GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG, CMON

I barely moved for 10 years no sports or anything than crash dieted myself nearly into skeleton mode but still had fat coz no muscles. Now im 85 kg and bf% is higher than I'd like and I'll cut in month or two but my progress is so slow its depressing.