Just saw this scientific painting. Should I dump my Whey and buy Casein?

Just saw this scientific painting. Should I dump my Whey and buy Casein?

Both. Whey for immediate access to protein, casein for sustained protein supply.

Nice source

1st thought
If this is done on fasted individuals it's probably not relevant to casein vs whey

Also blood levels =/= MPS

>Also, our lab has shown that sustained elevations in plasma amino acids aren’t sufficient to keep protein synthesis elevated over time. We found that even though amino acid levels were still elevated at 3–5 hours post-meal, protein synthesis had become refractory and returned to baseline levels by three hours (Norton, et al). Rennie and colleagues also found that protein synthesis only lasted about two hours in response to a constant infusion of amino acids even though they infused amino acids for about six hours! Thus, it appears that it may be better to use a fast digesting protein and bolus amino acids rather than a protein like casein, which maintains amino acid levels for a longer period of time but doesn’t stimulate synthesis to the same degree as whey.

pffft whatever nerd

Just eat Real Food™

Whey straight after workout, hit the anabolic window, Casein at night to stave off a catabolic state

>he still believes in the anabolic window

I want summerfags to go.

>falling for obvious oldboi bait
>calling someone else summer

uhhhhhhhhh where have you been bro no one uses protein """powder""" anymore

>Norton, et al
Layne Norton's study?

WHY DITCH ONE WHEN YOU CAN HAVE BOTH MAN!!!

SCIENCE!!!11!!

A degree in gender studies or something.

anabolic windows or not, for people with hypoglycemia, eating and consuming protein and carbs immediately after a workout suppresses symptoms of hypoglycemia.

I went hours without eating after a workout once, worst decision ever. Skin was clammy, got really tired, started vomiting, felt like the flu.

A simple 40g protein shake fixes this.

so stfu.

>>EATING CARBS MAKES HYPOGLYCEMIA GO AWAY!!
FUGG man I never knew, science!

>not drinking whey post workout, when you need rapid delivery of an insulinogenic product

retards

>>not drinking whey post workout, when you need rapid delivery of an insulinogenic product
Protein is insulinogenic.

uhhhhh do you not understand the implication meta? It's been standard Veeky Forums meta since 2011

Are you saying injecting insulin is the best way to grow after working out?

What? No I'm not saying that. Wait do you even understand English? Do you have any idea what is going on in this thread?

that is LITERALLY what I said

That is not what you LITERALLY said.

You said you need a rapid delivery of an an insulinogenic product, cant get more rapid and insulinogetic than injecting insulin

I mean yeah, sure, if you want to go down that way, insulin+gh is fine

curious what you think I was saying though

>I just saw this scientific painting

A fucking graph? Seriously ?

Yes