Take squat rack

>take squat rack
>do my warm ups/stretches/practice sets
>only about 10-15 minutes
>burly fucker comes up to me
>"yo you almost done bro?"
>"Not how it works 'bro'. You go ahead and fuck up your body by jumping straight into heavy shit, but kindly leave me out of it."
>"alright whatever just hurry up"
>"ill finish precisely when I mean to"
>guy walks away
>10 minutes later he's back with a gym employee to kick me off as I begin my first set
>"Sir, the rack is for everyone to use. You can't just stand here all day."
Ruined my whole workout for the day. That fat fucker couldn't even squat correctly, he had no use for the rack.

>taking up a rack for 15 MINUTES just to warm up

>things that never happened

This.
Good fucking Christ, OP. Dynamic stretch, maybe move around to get your heart pumping, then do your practice set. That is, ONE SET WITH JUST THE BAR. Then move about the rest of your routine.
If you're doing a 5x5, even with 2 minutes rest each and good form, you should be done in the 15-20 minute range, tops. And, chances are, if you're actually moving weights, people won't try to move in, because they'll see you actually working.

That's when you fuck him and the employee with the barbell.

>Warming up for 15 minutes

I start off warming at 60kg, then add 20kg every set to my working sets without rest.

That's how you warm up faggot

>taking less than 15 minutes to warm up for squats
>having sub 300lb work sets

>2 minutes rest
>one warm-up with just the bar, then straight into working sets

>starting with 1pl8 and not the empty bar

DYELs everywhere.

>Warming up with the empty bar
>Calling someone else a DYEL

lmao bruh

If I'm squatting lmao 3pl8 I don't wanna be there for ages warming up, and anything below 60kg is nothing to me anymore.

Nigguh, I have a 475lb squat, and I warm up with the fucking bar.

Then you're just a faggot lmao

At least I'm not a weak faggot like you.

I squat in the 400s as well, still warm up with just the bar for a good 15

>that guy who squats in the squat rack

If you're squatting any real weight, you need at least 10 mins to warm up or you're gonna fuck your shit up. You can't go straight from the bar to 3pl8s

Why didn't you two just share the rack?
Is there a purpose to warming up with only the bar? I feel like an empty bar makes your form wonky because it feels wrong without any weight on it. I usually warm up starting @ 135 then progressively add 90 until I'm at 3 plate. Then I add a bit more weight to get to my working set and just do that.

I do what you do bro, anything else is faggot.

f-fifteen minute bar warm up? a-are you autistic?

It's basically to get the blood flowing and to loosen up your muscles. Plus you'll notice even then if something somewhere is wrong, say in your hips, or quads, and it's much safer to notice it then, than with 135lbs on your back. Even guys squatting 600+ lbs start with just the bar.

t. A forever DYEL.

THERE ARE OTHER WARM UP ACTIVITIES THAT DON'T REQUIRE YOU TO TAKE UP THE SQUAT RACK FOR 15 MIN YOU SELF CENTERED FAGGOTS

>warming up for less than an hour
Enjoy your injuries I guess.

>2 min rest for 5x5
obviously never heard of texas method.
If OP talked to the dude without sounding like an asshole he wouldnt have had any problems. who the fuck says "ill finish precisely when I mean to"

you must be a big big man lifting 315 without warming up wooooow

>2 minutes rest
>on a 5x5 routine

Lmao unless you're squatting less than 200 then you need 4+ minutes to complete your sets with good form.

Ya fuckin dyel

So is this a humor thread now?

share the rack you enormous faggot

What the fuck are you even doing for 15 minutes? Just 5x5x5 empty bar, no rest?
Super setting with every barbell in the gym? Calibrating your squat plug depth for maximum pressure return?
I'm so goddamn curious what warm takes 15 fucking minutes to complete for one fucking exercise that isn't straight ahead weighted hill sprinting.

Isn't that the point of the 5x5? Start bar, then progress up to working sets? That shit doesn't take 15 fucking minutes as long as you're not autistic. Do you guys spend 3-4 hours in the gym each day?

Yeah because you can warm up for heavy squats with the reverse anterior pecblast hamstring curlinator.

Just gotta confuse those muscles bro! And remember to eat a pound of protein per kilogram of test within your 30 second anabolic window or your muscles will think you've betrayed them and leave you.

What a dyel retard. Everyone warms up just with the bar. I'm on sheiko and my warm-up sets take half an hour; I don't do what OP did and do random stretches and shit for 15 mins in the squat rack but I work up to 72% in increments of 15-50 lbs.
When you get hurt while squatting your lmao 3 plates you'll wish you actually warmed up.

>warming up for squats
>not doing any running or stretching

do you all just go full retard walk straight to the squatrack and start squatting ?

This entire thread in one image.

OH GOTTAM

>be powerlifter fag
>warm up for 30 min
>do a 5 rep set of squats
>rest for 20 minutes
>5 sets to go
>DYEL comes and asks when I'm done

FUCKING DYELS REEE

>Without warming up

I said I don't warm up with the empty bar

It's like squatting without the bar at all. I start with 1pl8 warming up now.

>You'll regret it don't come back to me when it happens it'll happen to you count on that

Sure bruh

I don't live in the gym like you faglords

Nothing worse than a faggot who's sitting in the power/squat rack for hours warming up with an empty bar

Just fucking squat without the bar then. It's almost exactly the same

Reps. 15 reps.

i do the same. i rep at 3 plate plus change but i do just the bar for warmup too, so that's something like

20 kg 1x5
60 kg 1x5
82 kg 1x5
102 kg 1x4
122 kg 1x2
142 kg 3x5 then 7 minutes of rest inbetween working weight sets.

that's easily 25-30 minutes.

couldn't you just have offered the guy to work in? in my gym we have 1 rack and i occupy it for close to an hour since it's the only place to press/bench press alone in.