Why is it that some guys at my gym dont even look like they lift, but they are able to bench like 120kgs?

Why is it that some guys at my gym dont even look like they lift, but they are able to bench like 120kgs?
Seen some guys like less and they look swole as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/REZrJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i was diagnosed cx

They are doing shit like SS

Why do you care?Are you a girl? Stop caring about other people and work on yourself.

Because unlike you, they actually lift.

If they bench 120 kg on SS then they are doing it right. SS is a linear progression beginner routine.

TriHard

And look like shit

because training for muscle mass takes a lot more time than for strength. It equals out in the end. This is journey and is gonna take you years to get where you want to be.

15" arms with a 255 bench here. Ive found i look dyel cause

>high bf% (18%)
>muscle imbalance
>no isos
>shit posture

I had tendinitis so i barely worked bis for 5 months. It made my arms look imba as fuck. Doing that and being fat meant i looked big in the gym but pudgy with a shirt.

Make sure to do your curls and cut and itll be fine

Imagine that, strength and aesthetics are separate realms majority of the time.

5'11 @ 195lbs and i don't really look like I lift

I can bench 335 :^)

it's like a whole new kind of power level hiding and I like it

currently bench 300 hopefully gonna hit 315 soon. Could be because they're taller, I am 6'3 so my arms still look pretty long and not that big but I definitely look like I lift however I don't think I look big. I am only 200lbs at 6'3 that isn't too big and I haven't measured my arms but they're probably 15-16"

Hahaha i fucking know that girl, how do you know Sara?

This right here.
When I went through BUD/S the first time, the strongest, craziest guys usually looked either super DYEL, or like they were dual citizens of snap city. Turns out, training solely to be as strong and efficient as possible doesn't leave a whole lot of room to look good.

Går du i samme fitness som hende? Jeg går i Valby, har set hende et par gange

Well some people just have shitty genes i guess? I dont lift a lot but i look pretty buff, and some people have the opposite

Yea bruh muh shitty genes - dyel?

>imba
I'll murder you with zerg

I think you're taking about me, 5'9 no chest, no definition and can comfortable bench 120kg.

Feels bad man.

Anden bubberbro her. Kæft hun er fed hende der. Der er fandeme mange klamme toser i dk

Anden bubberbro? Hvad er dog det?

Are you talking reps or 1RM?

Bubber er den bedste!

Ah ja nu forstår jeg - jeg er ret dyel, hvor træner du, kunne være drommen at træne med en anden Veeky Forumsizen, eller i hvert fald give lidt tips om dansk gym-etiquette

only retards think size is an indicator of strength.

Nej men jeg kender hende fra skolen. Hun bor i Ishoj.

Gik i skole med hende*
Træner i Ishoj

Okay sygt nok, har også et par bekendte der træner i Ishoj, har du en Skype eller noget som jeg kan adde? Har lidt sporgsmål omkring alt det lort som cirkulerer på Veeky Forums og får bare "read the sticky" i hovedet hvis jeg sporger herinde

I sometimes work for a carpenter and a lot of the delivery drivers who bring material are scrawny manlets who can surprisingly easy lift heavy ass stuff like huge window panes.

Arghh desværre ven.
Ville være lidt akavet hvis hende der fandt ud af hvem jeg var (eksde)

Det er en skam, kender hende ikke som sådan, så ville ikke sige det til hende - har bare set hende for. Er du sikker? Har nogle få sporgsmål, vil ikke modes bare rolig

Er selv lidt dyel så ved nok ikke mere end dig.

Stodte på hendes facebook nogle dage siden og så hvor fed hun var blevet.
Blev virkelig overrasket.

Okay fair nok, hvilket program er du på?

Mandag: Back/bicep/Back-shoulders
Tirdag: Chest/shoulders/tricep
Onsdag: Rest
Torsdag: Back/Bicep/Back-shoulders
Fredag: Ben
Lordag: Chest/shoulders/tricep
Sondag: Rest

Var det, det du mente?

Ja det var det jeg mente, nogle supplements? En lille smule test her og der;)?

This is an American board. We speak English here.

it doesn't even out in the end though

Bare C4 fruitpunch pre workout, creatin og BCAA.
4 vitaminer om dagen etc.

Drikker du pre workout?
Nogle dage hvis jeg ikke lige har lyst til at tage i gym, kommer jeg i tanke om at jeg bare lige skal tage noget pre workout og så er jeg helt på ^^

A lot of my "Tryhard lifter" friends do big compound exercises, get really strong, but they always hover around 15% bf. So they're benching like nearly 3 plate and they just look like kinda fat people who don't lift at all. The baggy clothing probably doesn't help their cause either

While my DYEL friend who does 150 bench for 10 reps looks swole because he's at low bf and he wears tight clothing everywhere.

Mfw don't even know why I'm doing SS because I'd rather be the DYEL with a beach body, but I can't betray my stronkfat friends

Æh tror godt at vi kan blive banned herinde fra hvis vi bliver ved med dansk, er du på Veeky Forumss discord?

Har Veeky Forums en discord?

I'm like 6"2 195lbs, ~16.5" arms soft.

can barely rep 200 lbs on the bench
wont curl dumbbells past 30 lbs

I'm weak as shit but my body responds better to light weights as long as I'm getting a good contraction, I might as well be benching 100 lbs.

Jaja, der er en fællesgruppe derinde, skal jeg finde refer-link? Det er meget sjovt, men folk bruger mest text og ikke voice derinde - autister du ve

Jaer mand
Autisme amirite

discord.gg/REZrJ
Hvad hedder du derinde? Jeg er chirs

your big bros ascended past women and lift for themselves

your DYEL friend lifts for women

autistic thread
5 reps for strength
8-12 for hypertrophy

Hedder snab

Bodybuilding =/= Powerlifting

Not OP but someone (you?) keeps posting this pic in fat threads.

took this long for the answer

they are more effective at recruiting muscle fibers

low bf = aesthetics

It's wrong, though.

5 will get you strength and hypertrophy
8-12 only gets you hypertrophy

leverages

Only fat hate/reverse progress pic i have

Post compounds 1.jpg

Does squat really work your abs tho? It shows abs and lower back, but isn't that akin to working out biceps and triceps at the same time? I didn't think you could really do both.

If your squats aren't working your abs you're not only doing it wrong, but you will eventually hurt yourself.

Look up some videos on creating intra-abdominal pressure.

Of course it does, same for deadlift and OHP.

It works them isometrically

Fucking kek, PL/Oly fags are the most pathetic lazy gym goers there are, just hit the fuckign abbs instead of "DUDE SQUATS DEADS HIT EVERYTHIHNG LMAO!"

but no one said anything about abs acessories
He just asked if it worked the abs and we replied it does, because it fucking does you fucking shitskin

Yes, but not as much as it is supposed. Utilizing the abdominal muscles for the squat is difficult for the beginner, who has never had to brace it and doesn't understand what that's supposed to feel like.
Do stomach vacuums and planks until you feel what it's like to push with your abs. From there you're golden.

Think about what your other muscles need to do on a lift to allow the main muscles worked to do their thing.

Your back and core play a big part in bench/OHP/squat by basically holding your torso in the position it needs to be in to execute the lift properly.

BAN EMILY

isnt it just breath in with your gut at the top, go down, as you're going up breath out?

I was squatting 135kg before my motorcycle accident, and even with an high bf I can see my two upper abs, four if I flex

13" arms 205lb bench
Pretty low bf though.

KEK first though too