Equipment

In this thread, we advise each other on what to get.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthshop.ch/strength-equipment-sport-kraftgeraete/power-racks/power-rack-cage.html
strengthshop.ch/strength-equipment-sport-kraftgeraete/power-racks/power-rack-power-cage.html
electronic-star.ch/Klarfit-PR1000-Power-Rack-Support-stable-pour-barres-de-musculation-acier_i250509.htm
electronic-star.ch/Capital-Sports-Dominat-Edition-Half-Rack-250kg-Barre-simple-metal-peinture-en-po_i205977.htm
garage-gyms.com/power-rack-squat-stand-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A gf

This pic is what I want, but I can't find a rack like this anywhere. I'm in Switzerland, westside.

The best I can find is pic related. It's good, but I don't have much space in my apartment, the smaller one would be better.

A rack is around 500 units here, a gym membership is upwards of 1500 for a year.

I'm not the sort that goes to gyms.

How THIS shit is more expensive than THAT shit:

user advised me to get this:

strengthshop.ch/strength-equipment-sport-kraftgeraete/power-racks/power-rack-cage.html

It's more expensive and I'm not sure it's necessary.

What I want is this:

>security things for bench pressing
>security for squatting
>pins to do OHP and squats with
>pullup bar

That's really all. I want the best and cheapest option for this.

All ears.

I have a question: if you order something big like this, how do they deliver it to you? Say you're in an apartment, do they call you when they've arrived and they help you take the thing all the way to your apartment?

I'm curious. (And yes, this shit makes me anxious, don't be surprised.)

Home gym here

I love my home gym I always lift naked (except for shoes when I'm squatting/deadlifting)

>I always lift naked (except for shoes when I'm squatting/deadlifting)

I detect large amounts of Veeky Forums purity in this post. No homo.

cage or half rack
mats for deadlifting
oly barbell
removeable bench
doorframe pullup

bonus;
dips/ pullup tower

>mats for deadlifting

Is a yoga mat enough?

Guys, which would you take? The half rack is my favourite candidate for now, though it's more expensive than the simple cage one, and I have no idea why.

Are these good prices?

strengthshop.ch/strength-equipment-sport-kraftgeraete/power-racks/power-rack-power-cage.html

electronic-star.ch/Klarfit-PR1000-Power-Rack-Support-stable-pour-barres-de-musculation-acier_i250509.htm

electronic-star.ch/Capital-Sports-Dominat-Edition-Half-Rack-250kg-Barre-simple-metal-peinture-en-po_i205977.htm

Just bought something on craigslist that has all of that for around 300 bucks. It's rusty but it works. Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist. If you're in 'murica you should check to see if you have a Play It Again Sports somewhere near you... they have some good deals on equipment (they also have shit deals too just gotta keep looking).

Craigslist/backpage/garage sales are bretty gud.

anything that stops you damaging the floor
you wont be using bumper plates so it's not like your throwing weight around anyway

garage-gyms.com/power-rack-squat-stand-review/

Currently reading this article.

How much should a kilo of ironcast weight be?

>1500 for a year
Nigger that's 125 a month. Where the fuck are you that doesn't have ~30 a month memberships?

high density EVA foam tatami mats to cushion your diddly sessions.

stinks a little bit in the beginning. air it out for a week in the open and you'll be golden. beats those interlocking vulcanized rubber mat. those stinks for an entire year.

Why even bother with the first part of your post; youre only trying to justify your autism as evidenced by the second part.

homegym masterrace here

my equipment:
bar
2 dumbbells
weights
decline bench (i lay on it the other way for incline. was adjustable but broke, garbage bench)
tree in backyard for pullups

Are horse stall mats the same high desnity EVA foam mats you're talking about?

They'll work fine. Horses are around 1,000 pounds so when you consider the pressure each hoof with a horseshoe on it puts on those mats, and those mats hold up for years (decades), they'll handle weights just fine.

Currently setting up my home gym, too.

racks looks decent

advantage of the half rack is that the j-cups are rubberized, probably good if you have neighbors and I guess it's also better when you have a zinc coated oly. barbell, bc it will protect the coating. disadvantage is that it is more wobbly when you finally make a routine with chin ups. These are all minor things though.

pricing seems scary in CH, you can gat this for the same price in GER. maybe you can find a German shop that ships for free. But in the end it won't matter, it's a great investment anyways.

build homegym here too over the years with my brother:

powerrack
700kg of weights
olympic bar with 200kg of weight.
bench
2 size of battle ropes
bulgarian bag
4 pairs of kettlebells from 8-36kg
build tower for dips/pull ups and some crossfit exercise
punching bag in the middle of the room + equiptment for boxing/kickboxing etc.
pair of 8kg and 12 kg chains for bench press+ squat
platform for deadlift
chill out area for chill. tv for youtube. stereo for good music
dumbbells etc.

best is we bought everythink used over ebay etc. so we spent only around 600 euros over the years.

gym membershit costs around 900 euro a year for the two of so so we safed few thousand euros over the years.

>Why even bother with the first part of your post; youre only trying to justify your autism as evidenced by the second part.

Because money is also a reason. Autism doesn't make you avoid people, it makes you not care.

>Nigger that's 125 a month. Where the fuck are you that doesn't have ~30 a month memberships?

Switzerland.

Thanks for that feedback.

nice. would love to train there

cross-posted from another thread: interested in equipping a gym in Tanzania, nobody ships there directly AFAIK, wut do?

Consider becoming the sort that goes to gyms.

That looks like a shit clone of some of Titan's stuff, which is a cheapass chinese clone of Rogue stuff

It may be expensive, but when you've seen shit fail...

Rogue at home & at gym.
My stuff arrived in about 10 boxes via UPS.
Most everything I get is delivered to work since UPS & Fedex stop by daily

Craigslist can be good depending on location
My area has nothing but hunting leases, golf carts, fishing gear A gym 5 hours from me was moving, and by the time I could get to them all they had left was a couple of kettlebells.

I have a halfrack/squat stand at home. It's dead solid with chinups/pullups, but I have the plate storage at bottom

So should I get my shit from Rogue entirely?

Whatever you're comfortable with. My gym has Rogue, I liked the build, and I could afford it. Another place I used to go had Titan, and I saw numerous breakages there. As my stuff is at home, alone, later at night, my safety is worth it

Most any place, and Rogue is no different, has a lot of shit that's just ego and show-off stuff that drains your wallet.

My main bar now is a OB-86b from Cap. Solid beater bar, and later I'll get a better one. Just don't need now.

DBs are all 3/4" pipe + shaft collars + a mess of plates I got from various places for near free.

1. Pullub bar
2. 3 pairs of kettle bells
(10kg/~25lb), (20kg/~50lb), (30kg/~70lb)
3. Fat punching bag (you can buy them hanging off their own poles to avoid fucking with the ceiling).

That's all you need user. Nothing but that.

Thank Christ this thread popped up. I just started getting into lifting and I got some dumbbells but I don't know where to start with a barbell and a bench. I only need something that goes up to maybe 100 pounds.

What I want to know is do I buy a bar and bench separate or are there sets? Is there a specific brand I should look for?

Sorry for asking so much, in just trying to understand this as much a possible. Thanks in advance for any advice.

why kettles and not dumbbells?

Of anyones wondering, I bought the 300lb fitness gear weight set from Dicks.

All the plates from 25lbs up are accurate within 1lb. Including bar.

Dont know about the 2.5, 5, or 10lb plates, my bathroom scale wont read weight that low.

Read reviews though of people having problems with the bar falling apart.

Been a month and a half and no issues yet

>pay 25 a month
>receive free coaching, equipment, supplements and friends

I'm the luckiest man on earth

No. Build a real deadlift platform with rubber mats

Because the center of mass is away from the hand and thus also engages various support muscles, and you can also do various swing exercises in addition to what you can do with dumbells. It's also easier to use as a squat weight.

How much did it cost?

There's a guy in my town selling a bar plus 300lb for 150bucks

Not him, but I got that set for 220$, it's a real steal even if the bar exploded the first time you touched it.
The bar worked fine for me for 4 months, but now that I'm pulling over 300lbs I switched to a better bar that I inherited.
Only problem is the 45s aren't oly diameter.

Dicks has it for 220

I got it from dicks for 200 on sale

what? I wear no shoes when squatting and deadlifting, why would you need shoes for that?

Autistic home gym here.
Whats the appeal in this?

I love lifting at home, but my nigger rigged dbs are not really cutting it for me, and I'm missing having a few machines.

But coming home from work and stripping down to boxers and lifting is pretty great.

Anyone home gym and still pay for a gym emebership for machines and shit?

This was my first weight set. The 45 lb plates have a smaller diameter than regular plates, and the holes are huge so they're going to be wobbling like crazy when you're deadlifting. The bar is the biggest piece of shit I have ever used.

It's better than nothing, but I'd avoid this if you're thinking about getting it.