Weightlifting/Powerlifting Shoes

I, like many, have made the mistake of lifting with running shoes. The compression of the shoes has limited my lifting abilities, primarily in squats and deadlifts. Basically, it's like lifting on a bed.

Weightlifting/powerlifting shoes were made to combat this exact thing. A high heel and non-compressive bottom give more support and stableness while lifting. This is especially important for taller guys like me.

Now off the blog and to the question at hand: which shoes are the best?

Candito swears by the Nike Romaleos, but they're $200. Adidas Powerlifting and Adidas Adipower are said to be good and are cheaper, but Candito said they aren't worth it. There are other cheaper ones but they seem unreliable and are unaesthetic. Other famous lifters really don't talk about this subject, so hard to get a consensus.

TL;DR Which shoe is best for weightlifting/powerlifting? Please share testimonies as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

adidas.com/pt/powerlift-2-shoes/S77952.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

adipower work well for squats, they are very good quality
why would you deadlift in shoes with a high heel? it's stupid, do it barefoot or in shoes with thin soles.

>not lifting barefoot

Wei Rui warriors because same heel height as Romeleos not extra flashy and 70 dollars.

Chuck Taylors

>shoes with thin soles
Other than chuck taylors, you got any recommendations?

Get Adidas powerlifts

Vans, puma suedes, etc. Most brands have some version of flat oldschool basketball shoes or skate shoes

>$300 shoes to help you stand still

All you need is $50 regular-ass shoes with nice $15 insoles

>deadlifts
anything flat, or socks
>squats
romaleos, adipowers are all good
if you're from europe, adidasspecialtysport website has Adidas Powerlift 2.0 on sale (30%) for 67 inc. shipping
They released the 3.0 and they need to get rid of the 2.0's

also layne norton squats in powerlift 2.0's

mark bell meme shoes best shoes

can vouch for powerlift 2.0

i have been squatting for 2 years in socks. now that i've gotten shoes for squatting, i just can't get used to them and squatting feels really weird in them

Adipowers and Romaleos are bsaically the same for most people. The prime difference is Romaleos are better if you have wide feet. Powerlifts and Do-Wins are fine too.

>vans

When you get past 225 these are shit

Why?

kankerduur

>Squat in flats
>Deadlift in flats
>Front Squat in poverty heels
The heel is very large on these, but I got them for like £26 on sale. They're perfect for front squats but a bit overkill on lowbar for me.

Asics Matflex 5
>Affordable
>GRIP FOR DAAAAAAYS
>Look swag AF
I love these things so much.

No shoes faggot

Not really considering you can use them for years.

What is wrong with you people? You don't need special fucking shoes to lift. Just don't wear running shoes and stop worrying about it. Worry more about what you're lifting and less about your expensive retarded specially made lifting shoes you bunch of pansies.

If it helps, I have Adidas powerlifting 2.0 and I don't have any complaints except I don't feel like the heel is raised enough *for me*

Though I'm pretty sure I have some kind of problem with my feet as family member do too and worse.

They are comfortable solid shoes and you can get them cheap as shit online.

Deadlift without shoes, it's the best

Too loose, too squishy

>that guy who uses the equipment for his sport amirite lol

Should I wear flip flops

There are people that don't wear flip flops to the gym? Preposterous.

I mean you could take your shoes off when you squat, deadlift

You should squat in sandals bro

Want to know how I know you can't properly squat or deadlift?

You shouldn't wear flip flops. Ever.

If you have any doubts, try running in them.

Shit will fuck up your feet and ankles.

Well I would be running in running shoes, obviously
but one shouldn't lift in running shoes

I warm up with your 1rm. I wear good shoes because I care about the weight I'm lifting.

I find deadlifts easier and squats more difficult in oly shoes

It's all preference. There are people that pull far more than you ever will that deadlift in heeled shoes.

Considering ankle mobility doesn't often hold people back on low bar squats, yeah

Some people still low bar in wl shoes because they are nice and stable tho

They help most people, I'd like to see a novice front squat properly without them

copped this ones in blackadidas.com/pt/powerlift-2-shoes/S77952.html

I heard the heel kinda goes down in weights above 2pl8 but its just a bit and they're an improvement to any shoe I have anyways

gonna try this and maybe in the future once I get halfway to 4pl8 i'll cop romelos

Thanks user
On a related note, any similar non weightlifting shoe from Adidas to compare size?
Im from the EU and I'm afraid direct conversion will fuck me as some type of shoes I need a bigger number and others not so much

Have you used them yet?

Bought them today so only being shipped monday, sadly.

You'll likely not notice

Yes the heel is made of eva foam which can compress unlike wood or tpu

But if clarebear can squat 280kg in eva heeled shoes then you can squat 4pl8

Just get Wei-Rui's. Theyre cheaper and better quality shoes. The heel is a solid wood and its more elevated.

haha these are the meme shoes in wrestling

if someone was wearing these they were usually terrible.

fine for lifting though

>t. dyel that can't even rep 1/2/3/4

i can rep 3pl8 and they're fine. desu, i probably won't be new shoes until they start ripping apart (look brand new after 1.5 yrs apart from scuffs)

you don't need shoes to lift. what's wrong with doing it barefoot?

I just bought some Romaleos tonight, OP. I've been eyeballing them for long enough that I felt I should see what it's all about. I'm excited to see if they're worth the money or not.

>running shoes

Are these seriously any good for lifting/squats/deadlifts? I'm poor and legit looking at buying them.

I got adipowers for my squats/cleans and i love them. No issues so far