ITT Battles that took place on your birthday

Battle of the Granicus
Invasion of Tulagi
May Uprising in Dresden

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0O2zyIoNNPM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Franklin_(1863)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fredericksburg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>two girls rivalizing for you
Hot.

Battle of Harper's ferry

Not exactly a battle but the storm of bastille

One's a boy.

pathetic physqie

Battle of Alnwick

the battle of Stiklestad

Battle of Solway Moss
Battle of Lottorf
Battle of Lookout Mountain

LEPANTO MOTHERFUCKERS

>tfw off by one

Battle of Jassin
Battle of New Orlean

Naval Battle in the east solomon islands

first day of Operation Barbarossa
who's got me beat?

the battle of Passchendaele began on my birthday 2bh

pretty nasty shit altogether

Surrender of the Army of the Trans-Mississippi, the last substantial Confederate ground force
The Bismarck getting a longboi shoved up it's ass by outdated British biplanes
Dunkirk evacuation begins
Siege of Calais ends
Battle of Gazala

Same, one day too late

may have you beat with
both are greasy marches east into shitty terrain and climate, but my birthday battle was won lmao rekt

I'm one too early

Battle of the Trebia, battle of Verdun ends and the battle of Heligoland blight apparently.

>1099, the siege of Jerusalem
>1283, Aragonese fleet defeaths Angevin fleet on Malta
>1592, the Battle of Hansan Island
>1709, Sweden is defeated at Poltava (feelsbadman.jpg)
>1716, the Battle of Dynekilen forces Sweden to abandon its invasion of Norway (feelsworseman)
>1760 Brits fuck frogs up in New England

Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa and Muhammad begins flight from Mecca to Medina.

>Battle of Sobraon (Sikhs vs EIC)
>Fall of Baghdad (Mongols vs Arabs)
>Battle of Champaubert (France vs Russia)
>Battle of Elizabeth City (Union vs Rebs)
>Battle of Amba Aradam (Italians vs Ethiopians)
>beginning of Battle of Krasny Bor (Germans + Spanish volunteers vs Commies)

Battle of Cannae
Destruction of the Second Temple
Battle of the Nile
Hitler becomes Fuhrer
Iraq invades Kuwait
My birth

Wow, almost only bad things. Truly a cursed day.

>muh alamo

You sure about that user. It may have a penis, but it looks and acts like a girl.

>It may have a penis

Then its a boy. Since its a cartoon animal we can't see what its chromosomes say, penis = boy.

Battle of Gonzales
Battle of Aldenhoven
Battle of Racangua
Battle of Aachen
End of the Warsaw Uprising
Start of:
Siege of Kinsare
Sack of Wexford

thats even better

rape of nanking
youtube.com/watch?v=0O2zyIoNNPM

>January 15th
>Second Battle of the Corunna Road

>Battle of the Komandorski Islands was a naval battle between American and Imperial Japanese forces which took place on 27 March 1943 in the North Pacific, south of the Soviet Komandorski Islands. The battle was a daylight surface engagement in which air support played a negligible role and in which the inferior force escaped complete destruction mostly by luck.
>Because of the remote location of the battle and chance encounter on open ocean, neither fleet had air or submarine assistance, making this one of the few engagements exclusively between surface ships in the Pacific Theater and one of the last pure gunnery duels between fleets in naval history.
>Although the Japanese cruisers heavily outgunned the American force, the engagement was tactically inconclusive. Both fleets suffered damage, with the U.S. Navy warships escaping almost by luck. With the Japanese fleet on the edge of victory, Admiral Hosogaya — not realizing the heavy damage his ships had inflicted and fearing American war planes would appear — retired without destroying his enemy. This amounted to a strategic defeat, as it ended Japanese attempts to resupply the Aleutian garrisons by surface ship, leaving only submarines to conduct supply runs. Hosogaya was accordingly retired from active service after the battle.

>

Britain's Medium A Whippet tank was used for the first time at the Battle of Rosières, which took place from March 26 to March 27, 1918, during World War I.
>On March 26, the Germans tried to capture the village of Colincamps in France, which was on their way to Amiens. At the time, Colincamps was held by New Zealand forces, who were filling a gap in the British line.
>The Whippets, which were much lighter and quicker than Mark IVs, were able to drive away two German battalions that were about to enter Colincamps.

>cartoon animal
Gayboys arent animals.

Battle of Wesenburg, 1268, Estonia
Battle of Montereau, 1814, France
Battle of Paardeberg, 1900, South Africa

I like it, pretty good mix of places and times

The opposite of a battle took place on my birthday: the WWI Christmas truce.

Austerlitz

July 6th 640 AD: The Battle of Heliopolis, Caliphate Arab forces defeat the Byzantines in Egypt.

Battle of Bastogne happened
Few other interesting events are th6r first spacewalk and the settlers of Jamestown being sent off

>tfw Anne Frank and I have the same birthday and the bloodiest cavalry battle of the American Civil War took place less than two counties from where I grew up

Cold Harbor also technically occurred on my birthday, but major fighting ended on June 3rd, the remaining nine days were just minor skirmishes.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Franklin_(1863)

>Our troops were upon one side of the breastworks, and the Federals on the other. I ran up on the line of works, where our men were engaged. Dead soldiers filled the entrenchments. The firing was kept up until after midnight, and gradually died out. We passed the night where we were. But when the morrow's sun began to light up the eastern sky with its rosy hues, and we looked over the battlefield, O, my God! what did we see! It was a grand holocaust of death. Death had held high carnival there that night.
>The dead were piled the one on the other all over the ground. I never was so horrified and appalled in my life. Horses, like men, had died game on the gory breastworks. General Adams' horse had his fore feet on one side of the works and his hind feet on the other, dead. The general seems to have been caught so that he was held to the horse's back, sitting almost as if living, riddled, and mangled, and torn with balls. General Cleburne's mare had her fore feet on top of the works, dead in that position. General Cleburne's body was pierced with forty-nine bullets, through and through. General Strahl's horse lay by the roadside and the general by his side, both dead, and all his staff. General Gist, a noble and brave cavalier from South Carolina, was lying with his sword reaching across the breastworks still grasped in his hand. He was lying there dead. All dead!
>They sleep in the graveyard yonder at Ashwood, almost in sight of my home, where I am writing today. They sleep the sleep of the brave. We love and cherish their memory. They sleep beneath the ivy-mantled walls of St. John's church, where they expressed a wish to be buried. The private soldier sleeps where he fell, piled in one mighty heap. Four thousand five hundred privates! all lying side by side in death! Thirteen generals were killed and wounded. I cannot tell the number of others killed and wounded. God alone knows that. We'll all find out on the morning of the final resurrection.

The story of Higurashi no naku koro ni takes place on my birthday (with year).

I believe that anecdote describes the later Battle of Franklin. This one only had about 200 total dead.

> 1809: Battle of Medellin (part of Peninsular War. Spain vs France)
> 1812: Battle of Valparaiso (part of War of 1812. Americans vs. Brits)
> 1860: Battle of Waireka (Part of the First Taranki War. Maori vs New Zealand)
> 1862: Battle of Glorieta Pass (Part of American Civil War. Technically started on 26th. Union vs Confederacy)
> 1871: Paris Commune is established (not a war, but pretty neat revolt. French against themselves)
> 1883: Battle of Gia Cuc (part of Tonkin campaign. France vs. Vietnam)
> 1939: Siege of Madrid (part of Spanish Civil War. The day the city fell. Nationalists vs Republicans)
> 1951: Battle of Mao Khe (part of the First Indochina War. France vs Viet Minh)

>tfw ww2 began on your birthday
What do i win?

*Soveeeetski sayuuuuz respuuublic svoboooodnix...*

>18th august
>Battle of Long Tan
>mfw I actually played Long Tan in Rising Storm 2 today

>1918 Start of the battle of Mont Saint-Quentin
>1920 Battle of Komarów
Pretty short list, but the two shittiest Roman emperors were born on my birthday, so that's neat.

Waterloo

>born during the opening days of operation overlord
A fuck-tonne more than I care to name

I hope you gunned down some gooks with the Owen.

Not a battle
The bombing of Nagasaki

October 17
>1777 – American Revolutionary War: British General John Burgoyne surrenders his army at Saratoga, New York.
>1781 – American Revolutionary War: British General Charles, Earl Cornwallis surrenders at the Siege of Yorktown.
BRITBONGS BTFO

>Battle of Peleliu
and that's it

>1140 – Song dynasty general Yue Fei defeats an army led by Jin dynasty general Wuzhu at the Battle of Yancheng during the Jin–Song Wars.
>1415 – Henry the Navigator leads Portuguese forces to victory over the Marinids at the Battle of Ceuta.
>1680 – Pueblo Indians capture Santa Fe from the Spanish during the Pueblo Revolt.
>1689 – The Battle of Dunkeld in Scotland.
>1778 – American Revolutionary War: British forces begin besieging the French outpost at Pondichéry.
>1808 – Battle of Vimeiro: British and Portuguese forces led by General Arthur Wellesley defeat French force under Major-General Jean-Andoche Junot near the village of Vimeiro, Portugal, the first Anglo-Portuguese victory of the Peninsular War.
Others are WW1 and WW2 battles.

februari 15
battle of singapore
battle of Rarańcza
Battle of Fort Donelson

Stamford Bridge and the end of Operation Market Garden, apparently.

>1643 Battle at Rocroi/Allersheim
>1792 Russian army enters Poland
>1864 Battle of Port Walthall Junction, VA

>Battle of Chalons (Rome and the Goths vs the Huns)
>Attack on Baltimore (Some Algerian pirates attack some potato town)
>Battle of Hochst (Thirty Years War)
>Battle of Ramsour Hill (Brits vs Revolutionary Yanks)
>Battle of Philippine Sea (WW2 Yanks vs Japs)

Can anyone top Manzikert? Didn't think so.

Also Crécy. Are other dates even trying?

>1944 Operation Neptune, D-Day: 150,000 strong Allied Expeditionary Force lands in Normandy, France in WWII

>1982 30,000 Israeli troops invade Lebanon to drive out the PLO

Your picture is a depiction of Market Garden

fine

Some anons here would have to be hundreds of years old for the battle to take place in their birthdays. Shit thread.

fall of constantinople

Battle for Castle Itter
Battle of the Wilderness
Battle of Puebla

Acording to wikipedia:
Battle of the Aegates Islands
Battle of Gol in Gojjam
Battle of Laon
Battle of Neuve Chapelle
Battle of Lima Site 85

Nothing significant.

Neat

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fredericksburg

>539 BC – The army of Cyrus the Great of Persia takes Babylon
>456 – The Visigoths under king Theodoric II, acting on orders of the Roman emperor Avitus, invade Iberia with an army of Burgundians, Franks and Goths, led by the kings Chilperic I and Gondioc. They defeat the Suebi under king Rechiar on the river Urbicus near Astorga (Gallaecia).
>1813 – Battle of the Thames in Canada; Americans defeat British and kill Shawnee leader Tecumseh.
And these aren't battles per se
>1607 – Assassins sent by Pope Paul V attempt to kill Venetian statesman and scientist Paolo Sarpi, who survives fifteen stiletto thrusts.
>1877 – Chief Joseph surrenders his Nez Perce band to General Nelson A. Miles.
>1910 – In a revolution in Portugal the monarchy is overthrown and a republic is declared.
>1968 – Police baton civil rights demonstrators in Derry, Northern Ireland – considered to mark the beginning of The Troubles.
>2011 – In the Mekong River massacre, two Chinese cargo boats are hijacked and 13 crew members murdered in the lawless Golden Triangle region of Southeast Asia.

May 22 1455 – Start of the Wars of the Roses: At the First Battle of St Albans, Richard, Duke of York, defeats and captures King Henry VI of England.

Nice.

june 23 Battle of Bannockburn

Most notable event on the 10th of February is the fall of Baghdad to the Mongols, I guess. As important an event as any.

>3dpd
When will they learn?

August 22
>1485 - Battle of Bosworth Field
>1642 - Start of the English Civil War
>1791 - The Haitian revolution begins
Also not a battle but pretty significant event:
>1910 - Japan formally annexes Korea

Cuban Missile Crisis
Several smaller offensives around Leningrad
Several smaller battles in Stalingrad
Long March
Battle of Vegkap
Start of Harper's Ferry Raid

>Battle of Marilao River
>Battle of Tai'erzhuang
>Battle of the Komandorski Islands
>Battle of Ciudad Real
>Battle of Horseshoe Bend
Also the Day that american F117a was shot down by some random Yuguslav outdated SAM

Great Depression started on my birthday. Not a battle but it had ramifications