I need a powerlifting belt and some knee sleves

I need a powerlifting belt and some knee sleves.

Help

why use a belt when you pull sub 5 plates?

I need a chain to hang weights on for weighted dips/chins

Any non shit posters that can help?

>non shitters
>Veeky Forums

A m a z o n . C o m

so you can get to 5pl8 faster.

>I need a powerlifting belt and some knee sleves.
what exactly are you looking for? do you intend to compete? in that case you want an IPF approved belt. if not then it's not that important. go for a single pronged belt.

the main knee sleeves you should look at are those blue rehbands and sdb. sdb have more size options. if you just want to keep your knees warm and comfy then use the official sizing chart and order the correct size. the correct size adds very little if anything to your squat. if you want to squat as much as possible then go down a size or two, but they'll be much harder to put on and not that good for general training.

Go to Academy/Sports Authority/Walmart/Amazon

When is it reasonable to use a belt?
Do you get stronger faster by using a belt?
When do you incorporate beltless training?

>When is it reasonable to use a belt?
when you have learned correct form without a belt and lifted for a while.

>Do you get stronger faster by using a belt?
yes, your abs can contract harder which makes them stronger in the long run. the stronger ab contraction plus the increased intra-abdominal pressure from the belt makes your core more stable and lets you lift heavier weights safely. you'll get stronger faster with a belt than without one. even without a belt you'll eventually be stronger than a theoretical twin that trained beltless.

>When do you incorporate beltless training?
typically you use the belt for the heaviest sets and squat beltless otherwise.

So what is the point of ever training beltless if the said benefit make you stroner than not usin a belt?

there's not a big point, and some people with back problems should use a belt for basically every set. on the other hand there's no point in wearing a belt for sets that are not heavy, and I've seen some claims that certain smaller muscles are worked less with a belt. wearing a belt when you need it and lifting beltless when you don't seems like the most reasonable compromise in my opinion, and is also what most coaches will recommend.

He's full of shit.

Training with a belt all the time ia like squatting with a smith machine.

Forcing your body to stabilize the weight makes you stronger. You only need to use a belt at 85% or more and even then not all the time.

DLing with a belts works obliques a bit less.

He's essentially right though, and your smith machine analogy is retarded. But lifting with and without a belt is different, and both skills should be maintained.

you don't understand belts at all. do some reading and try again

No

>tfw SBDs cured you're knee aids

same here. they're so warm and comfy and my knees no longer hurt.

>tfw I thought Rehbands fixed shit, but they only delayed the inevitable

Bump