Got some tuna today, any good recipes?

Bought a bunch of pic related today. Pretty good on its own, or with mustard, but anyone got some fancier recipes for it?

Or things to pair with?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/214461/southern-apple-tuna-salad/
imgur.com/a/aW3TN#0
maangchi.com/recipe/tuna-pancakes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Enjoy your elevated mercury intake.

Anyone who says it is safe to eat mercury-riddled fish more than 2x a week is full of shit

Well I wouldn't be eating more than twice a week

Literally just Tuna, pasta, fresh lemon juice is fucking delicious. Add a bit of parsley, garlic and capers if you want to go the extra mile.

hello pregnant women, the fuck are you doing on a gay board preggo threads here.

there is no such shit as mercury in tuna cans, that crap stems from the 60's, like vitamin C fights cold and there is iron in spinach.

I eat 8 cans of tuna a week, for years, and do obligatory medical testing do to my work.

just fucking eat it you coon

no offense kid, buy you sound dyel af.

I just put some pepper on it and eat it straight out of the can. You get used to it

>Anyone who says it is safe to eat mercury-riddled fish more than 2x a week is full of shit

fucking retard only big fish are mercury riddled, skipjack tuna that comes in the can is a small fish with next to none mercury in them, who the fuck would put a 1000$ great tuna into a fucking can you imbecile.

You might have fucked up. You want chunk light tuna, not albacore. Same nutrition, but light tuna is cheaper and lower in mercury content.

Tuna with chili is apparently a thing, since there are cans of the stuff. Tuna melts are obviously an option. Since tuna is a fish, you could pair it with rice and bok choy for something that vaguely resembles a typical Chinese dinner.

tuna, mayonnaise, ground mustard, sweet pickles, celery, onion, lemon, salt, pepper

yeah...seems like it

rip me

tuna salad?

i sometimes eat tuna with rice and a fried egg and mix it all together.

can of tuna, spoonful of mayo, some dijon mustard, 1-2 sticks of celery - preference, pepper and some lemon juice.

ez tuna salad

OP, I would mix it with a can of cream of mushroom soup (don't add the water, just what's already in the Cambell's can) and then pour it over some rice. Delicious.

Put tin on tuna in a small bowl, bit of salt and pepper, then pour in a little bit of vinegar and mix. Have this on toast and it's delicious. My mum used to make it for me for breakfast on days I had school exams because it was "brain food"

I do sushi rice with this in a bowl (look up how to make sushi rice) and add sriracha and nori flakes which is the stuff they wrap sushi in. Pretty good and easy. Also grilled cheese sandwich woth tuna init is the shit

Tuna + mashed avocado + salsa

Tuna + mayo + buffalo sauce + chopped green onion

Can't go wrong with either of those combinations

Really liked this particular recipe

allrecipes.com/recipe/214461/southern-apple-tuna-salad/

This. Makes an amazing sandwich between two slices of lightly toasted bread

daddy likey

Literally god tier. Ate them everyday for awhile. However your house will smell awful. It's worth it.

god-tier but you don't need to use a full onion

any more recipes besides the listed tuna ones?

>there is no such shit as mercury in tuna cans, that crap stems from the 60's, like vitamin C fights cold and there is iron in spinach.
have I been lied too all my life?
does vit. c not fight colds?
is there no iron in spinach?

Mayonnaise and sweet salad cubes mixed with the tuna makes an easy tuna salad sandwich.

Just made this 20 mins ago. So gooood

Mix dat bidness up with bbq sauce and it tastes like pull pork, also has the same consistancy. Hot sauce is good. Mix it up with some mayo and boom tuna salad. Its a pretty versitile protein source.

>there is no such shit as mercury in tuna cans
The mercury is in the tuna you mong.
Methyl mercury bioaccumulates, and tuna is a predatory fish.

Chuck that shit on some crackers

Doesn't that stink extremely bad?

Tuna, mayo, some dill, lemon, pepper, and celery

Makes me miss my childhood of tuna on white bread, mmm

is there a compilation of /fit / recipes somewhere?

Don't need all that onion.
Adding a bit of dill relish is nice.
Also works well with salmon for those afraid of Hg.
Unflavored scoops can be subbed for flour.

BASED
A
S
E
D

Keep em coming.
Also, does anyone have the imgur repo with like 50+ fit recipes?

Fear not, I got you senpai

imgur.com/a/aW3TN#0

70+ Veeky Forums recipes

Pls check the You Suck At Cooking vid called Tuna. Makes about two minutes to prep and is godtier you can put it in everything

Add soy sauce, chili oil (pic related) directly to can, eat. Delicious.

maangchi.com/recipe/tuna-pancakes

if anyone wants the video from this recipe that user stole

Ugh okay guys.
Let me clear this up. I manage a pretty big fish market and have had to take a LOT of classes from usda/fda. Being a "predatory fish" has nothing to do with it. The older the fish the more mercury content it has. Throughout all fishes lives they absorb mercury from water, not from other fish. So the longer the lifespan of the fish, the higher mercury content. Hence why tuna has high levels, when they are harvested they are usually pretty old. Salmon and tilapia are much safer alternatives.

Anyone have something like an imgur album or zip file filled with pictures of good recipes?

>tuna recipes
I always eat it cold with a spoon

What if I use butter instead of oil? Is it better or worse?

mayo and grey poopon.

Then I throw some wheat bran on top for extra fiber.

wrong

right

Veeky Forums should be renamed to /bro/ for broscience

yes, vitamin C does shit for colds, and there is iron in spinach as much as there is in any other lettuce, they fucked up a decimal.

nope, no study shows that little tuna that is used for canned meat has any mercury percentage that could be considered harmful even if you would eat it every fucking day (except american studies, which are not considered scientific but glorified retard advertisments), but fuck it, why the fuck would you care bro, you're just a common Veeky Forums retard. keep on the good life.

Pic related is called Laoganma by the way and it is absolutely amazing. Lots of variations and flavours I suggest pic related because it's got a real fried flavour to it

Sautee one can tuna 1/2 bag mixed veggies in deep cast iron pan
>6 eggs
> one cup milk
> handful of bisquick
>all in the pan and stir
> 2 handfuls shredded cheese and stir
> in the oven at 350 for fifteen to twenty minutes
> optional sprinkle top with more cheese and broil to finish
That there is a protein power pie son.

I'm going down to the Asian market later on, I'll be sure to pick that up. My untie used chili oil for loads of things, now it's time for me to experiment

that's like the upscale shit,the one that goes for 10k$ for a giant fish and ends up in sushi restaurants, the canned variety is made up of smaller species, I think

olive oil,a bit of lemon juice and shredded lettuce. very good.

>Mix tuna with mayo and a touch of sambal oelek
>Chop up eggs in small bits, mix them in
>Spread over bread
>Throw sliced tomate, onion and cucumber on top

Great breakfast. 1 can of tuna and 5 eggs means you'll have downed around 50g protein before the day has even started.

OP here, was not expecting this many responses. Thanks everyone!

I am really interested in trying some of these recipes.

i just tried to do this and it was a disaster.. i am dumb