IS Vitalik really leaving Ethereum?

Is this really happening? Vitalik's brain child is about to be an abandoned orphan left to wither away and die? Vitalik dying was one thing but I can't believe this bullshit.

1. Someone who was quoted on twitter just two days ago saying "Ethereum is me and I am Ethereum" could not just up and leave the project that he is so obviously and narcissistically proud of, could he?

2. Just because Ethereum is running into problems doesn't mean he's going to give up. At least this should be the case....

3. Think how fucked some of our portfolios would be if this news actually gets spread around and he is actually leaving Ethereum for such a shitty team I already moved into Bitcoin and I am suddenly not so bullish on the future of ethereum or the value of ETH for that matter....

Here's what I'm talking about: insideethereum.tumblr.com/post/166175452630/why-vitalik-is-leaving-ethereum Don't say you weren't warned when you wake up to $15 ether one day

Other urls found in this thread:

emotionaltrader.tumblr.com/blah-blah-blah
pastebin.com/uraxVMTh.
etherscan.io/address/0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72#tokentxns
etherscan.io/address/0x4468bffddbff161a677d16cb80726cf8021ddbfa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FUCKING LINKS NOOOOOOOOO

I ain't clickin that shit nigger.

fuck yourself.

FUCK YOU MY ETHERDELTA STACK REALLY IS GONE.

FUCK YOU YOU HACKING FUCK. FUCK THIS SHIT.

NOBODY CLICK THE LINK THIS ISN'T A MEME. I'M NOT FUCKING MEMEING YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY IN ETHERDELTA IF YOU OPEN THAT LINK.

DONT CLICK THAT LINK

damn all my link is gone wtf

Lololololl

OP may have found an exploit on tumblrs website and is hosting a redirect to his virus hosting server which then redirects to etherscan

Actually really don't click that link. the last malicious link was a "tumblr" link like this one. This could really wipe out all your shit.

Where are the fucking mods?!

Unless that tumblr site directs to hourglass figured figured mature housewives spreading there ass, i aint clicking on that shit lad.

this thread came up earlier, could be a troll but tumblr shouldn't be redirecting like that.
probably a virus.
i did a system restore and moved all my link to a 2FA broker just to be sure

I also use a different browser for shitposting than for financials and never use plugins.

Joke's on you faggot: You are using MetaMask but you are not logged in. Please log in to MetaMask and refresh.

Also, I don't have shit on Etherdelta.

Suck my dick!

MY LINK IS GONE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

wtf my links are fucking gone

wtf why are all of my links gone?

hey my links are still here :>)

MY LINK

OH SHIT MY LINK IS GONE!

am i doing this right?

My OMG is gone but thats ok they are practically worthless

has etherdelta seriously not fixed this huge vulnerability yet? if they havent at this point they're probably in on it.

DON'T OPEN

OMG my Blockfolio was deleted.
ALL MY COINS ARE GONE!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MUH LINKS ARE GONE LOL XD

this is probably fud for the upcoming fork

I don't hold ETH though, it's not meant to be a currency

How did you redirect like that? Even in the main page you redirect to etherdelta. I'm glad to be a phoneposter.

holy shit no way this is happening
what do I do? i just lost everything FUCKING NO FUCKING WAY ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

Jokes on you I'm using IE 8.

Weird. I clicked this and a disembodied hand popped out of my modem port and jerked me off. Neat.

the real MVP here

aw shet
muh lankz is gawn

seriously all my link is gone

Wtf is this shit

Mods please delete this thread

Op is a hacker

Are you cunts LARPing or is this really taking your shit? W/e, I ain't clicking though

Ahahaaa he's joining ripple! That's why he's speaking at Swell! Lel it's going to 100x

u disgusting pile of shit.
enjoy

have fun felching ur mum after she gets fucking raped by a pack of niggers and Pakistani paedos

ur dog will die a slow death u fucking cunt. I do joojoo. U wait.
Kiss the fuck, goodbye. motherfucking cunt.

joke on you faggot, I'm using BRAVE!

Nice, just lost 100k

Ahhh NoScript. How I love you.

Wow. Genuinely malicious links on Veeky Forums. So surprising. Glad I don't do any trading from my phone and shitposting from my laptop

Seriously, it's a redirect to an etherdelta trading script. I don't use etherdelta or trade crypto from my phone, but I'd be hella mad if I did.

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT CLICKING TUMBLR LINKS. HAVE FUN GETTING YOUR ETHERDELTA WALLET DRAINED

WHY HAVE NO MODS REMOVED THIS SHIT

PLEASE ANONS DO NOT CLICK ON THIS FAGS LINK. IT IS MALICIOUS.

>tumblr

not this shit again

why is this fucking thread still up and why is it being bumped

Nigga I ain't touching that link and you ain't touching mine.

Evidently my link hath absconded

Report the OP

>not blocking scripts by default
>not using a separate browser for financial trading

Haha cucks

>tumblr
lmfao I can't believe you all fell for it again.

... the etherdelta xss issue was fixed forever ago. What are you doing? Your thing isn't working at all now.

heh...should have not clicked that....LINK

Stop saying you lost shit, show us the transaction if you really did.

Fking faggots

Clicked on it and nothing happened, this shit was fixed months ago.

Clicked on it just for fun. Good thing I don't use ED. Pretty sneaky, sis.

fuck just got 100k link, thanks OP

Oh noo my BCC is gone.. oh it's not, actually it's just sunk..

go fuck yourself nigger

>> Clicking links on Veeky Forums
This is why you will stay poor.

Vitalik is under constant pressure by faggots who want to capitalize on his name, etc. I don't blame him for ever wanting to distance himself from the project.

holy fuck they're GONE. MY FUCKING PANTS. I WAS WEARING THEM JUST A MINUTE AGO.

PRaNK PaTROLEUM

Well user. Might as well make the most of it.

pls sir i have 0 funds in my account. can you please help me out sir? we can share my private key sir!

I'm new here, what is this meme?

The meme is that EtherDelta is really fucking insecure and if you've got a wallet attached to it and browse the web on the same browser then literally ANY website has the capability to steal your coins. The link in the OP is one such website. Your only protection would be addons like NoScript and NoRedirect to block all attempted redirects that you don't explicitly allow, but even that isn't 100% foolproof; it's just enough to prevent the current wave of exploits. If you're not retarded you have a browser (or private browsing session) that is only used for EtherDelta anyway.

you think you clever guy

if you want to have a blast reply to any of frenchhudini's comments on plebbit asking him why he released such a big piece of shit

Cant belive I went to this link.

Anyway, OP must be slow if they did get my private key. I just transferred everything to another wallet.

EDIT [9/25, 4:35pm PDT] This exploit is now patched on EtherDelta, but the patch has not been independently audited or verified. See here for verification from the developer of the patch.
EDIT [[9/25, 6:07pm PDT] I have reviewed the security patch for this and can confirm the exploit is no longer working. Thank you to the devs and community members who assisted on this.
tl;dr There are malicious links floating around (most common one is a tumblr link) that redirects to etherdelta with a tag in the URL. This script searches for private keys and sends them to an endpoint the attacker controls. It is assumed that the attacker then automates transfers of any tokens on EtherDelta.
Long explanation:
There are several malicious links floating around formatted as FUD tumblr articles. An example of one such link is:
emotionaltrader.tumblr.com/blah-blah-blah
These links issue an instant redirect to EtherDelta and append a malicious script to the URL. The malicious URL can be found at this pastebin: pastebin.com/uraxVMTh. DO NOT enter this into your browser! It is only provided for research purposes and full disclosure.
The script will search for all private keys of the currently logged-in EtherDelta account and send them to the requestb.in endpoint. RequestBin is a legitimate service used to capture and inspect HTTP requests, often for debugging purposes. It is assumed that this endpoint is being used as a proxy or gateway to collect the keys, and in turn the attacker is automating the process of exporting tokens found with those private keys to his address: etherscan.io/address/0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72#tokentxns
EDIT [9/27, 2:55pm PDT]: It appears this exploit only is able to access private keys uploaded directly to EtherDelta and may not affect those imported using e.g. MetaMask.

also affecting people who have unlocked metamask? (no funds on ED but in the eth wallet)

what i do: running scriptsafe or noscript addons in your browsers.

also nice to have is: EtherAddressLookup which blocks scam sites

That's an old exploit. The one in the OP hasn't been patched yet and involves looking at a token described by the following smart contract:
etherscan.io/address/0x4468bffddbff161a677d16cb80726cf8021ddbfa

Apparently just attempting to view that token on EtherDelta is enough to get hacked. I'm not entirely sure how it works or what it compromises but this is NOT the javascript injection exploit that got patched a couple weeks ago.

And to be clear, the link I posted there is just the etherscan view of it. It's save to click. The malicious URL in the OP points EtherDelta to that contract by attempting to view its exchange against ETH, the same way you'd view any other unlisted token. This probably means that viewing any custom token on ED is potentially dangerous as well whether you click a link to do it or not, so be very careful with that.

Finally, please remember to sage if you reply to this thread. Mods are asleep and you don't want to bump it.