/Cutting General/

>Ctrl+F
>No cutting thread
Let's fix this guys. Post your stories, questions, advice, anything. How's your cut going, lads?

>Pic the only thing on my computer that featured cutting in any way, so barely related

Other urls found in this thread:

straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cut is going slow down from 221 to 193.8 in about 7 months, good news is I only lost 20 lbs from my squat and bench, diddy got better somehow.

Lean bulk, takes ages but feels good man

I'll start;
>Realise I'm fat and disgusting, and need to stop telling people I go to the gym but only go twice weekly
>Measure my bodyfat
>20.6%
>"Fuck. Everybody says to stay within 12 and 15"
>Cut starts immediately
>My willpower is shit
>I snack a lot
>I decide to try and introduce some LISS to balance it
>Walk home from the train station, go jogging, etc
>Stop missing so many gym days
>Pokemon Go comes out, and now my friends and I go on pokehunts to add in some extra LISS
>I still eat a lot of shit, but I figure it's balance
>Been about 4 or 5 weeks
>Check bodyfat percentage this morning
>Pic related
>1% lower every 2 weeks

Tiny victories, but fuck it. I'm proud.

Question though; at what BF% do bitch tits tend to disappear? I'm assuming about 12%, but am I gonna get lucky and look better earlier?

Nice! Maybe the diddly is from improving form or something? Good work so far though, 30lbs is pretty damned decent progress.

Really? I've never had any experience with lean bulking. What kind of results are you getting?

>TDEE of about ~2800 factoring in my activity and roid usage (~3000+ with clen)
>literally yoyo dieting
>one day 2500 cals
>next day 1200
>next day 1500
>next day 1800
>next day 3000
>next day 1200
>next day 2000

I mean, it's still noticeably below TDEE and I'm making very good fat loss, but this binge and starve(well not really, I can literally eat only 500cals of whey+yogurt a day and not feel hunger, it's when I start cooking/eating that the hunger kicks in, but if I abstain, I feel absolutely nothing) cycle can be annoying.

1 more week before buying clothes.
1 more week before I start going out clubbing again.

Oh I know why my lifts dropped so bad though.
I quit Creatine when I began my cut

Nice man. Just be careful not to starve yourself out. I hear it can fuck you up gains wise.

Also, good luck clubbing! I'm a dyel natty, but in a dark club, if you're decently dressed, nobody can tell. My female friends keep inviting me to clubs as their bodyguard, and I actually realy enjoy it now.

Ah, that'd do it. Still, only losing 20lbs is pretty good.

never eat under your basal+lifting calories. you will just loose muscle and yoyo cuz absent from nutrition.

na, the test, tren and winstrol protects me from all but the most retarded shit (ie literally injuring/maiming myself).

protects u while harming u in other ways.........

friendo.....

drop the drugs..

srysly slly..

rlly..

Im a skelly but I want to finish off some bf before bulk

yay or nay?

So I have calculated the macros I need to hit to cut from my 30% bf fat ass doing reddit ppl and this still seems like a bit much even doing the accurate formula.

Also how am I supposed get 210 protons in my diet? Protein shakes fill me up with two 30g scoops. Do I just need to say fuck it and leave humanity behind and add four scoops?

With good chest exercises they could disappear much sooner, if not they'll at least be less noticeable.

Is recomp just a meme?

you ever wonder why people who lift eat chicken? because you fucking need protein goddamnit. how fucking hard is it to eat more meat when you fatass niggas eat so much already

>chicken
>eggs
>steak
>tuna
>bacon
>yoghurt and protein powder
>whole milk
>nuts
>semen

whatever you like man it aint hard to reach protein requirements

It pretty much is. You can grow muscles and burn fat by doing Intermittent Fasting, which works very slowly of course, or with roids if you wanna cheat. Other than that nothing you can do.

Your call matey. But for what it's worth, I'm skinnyfat myself and bulking down to 12% bodyfat, and I intend to cut and bulk between 12 and 16 % for the foreseeable future.
That being said, I think higher muscle mass makes it easier to cut as well. Both have their merits. What's your bodyfat percentage? If it's below 12, I don't recommend cutting, since generally on Veeky Forums and reddit people below that look fucking horrible, and tell me they regret it health wise.

You can also get canned tuna really fkn cheap. Only thing is, don't eat it without a few days in between cans or mercury poisoning will fuck you. Also, dump it in a bowel, don't eat from the can.
Also, oats have decent protein considering how cheap and easy they are.

Please share. Or at least recommend. I've been thinking I should add in chest exercises (my chest is really underdeveloped...thanks SS) but I'm really not sure which ones. I'm doing Candito's linear hypertrophy routine, so I'm hoping I have enough chest in there already.

From what I read, you either have to be very very fat, very very new to lifting, or be OK with taking a very very long time. Or roiding so much that the women around you grow beards from breathing the same air as you.

Currently cutting from about 160 5'11. It was about 50-50 whether I needed muscle building or fat loss more, but in a month I'll have all you-can-eat gains at my uni cafeteria, so I figured I could go ahead and start the year with sub-15% bf.

considering getting serious about losing weight i'm 183 / 5'10 but i don't want to be a skeleton is bulking / toning up a bit harder than losing the initial weight generally?

you fucking fail at cooking and thus taking care of yourself
I reach min 190g protein daily with around 3000 kcal and I dont count my supps in that amount

Started off in March at 193 lb. Now down to 160. Went from 22% bodyfat down to 9. Gonna finish my cut soon, eat some junk food for a week, and then lean bulk appropriately.

how did u achieve this specifically family looking to cut a similar amount, seems like it went fast for you

I did a ketogenic diet. High fat, medium protein, low carbohydrates.

what they say is true

when you are pretty lean getting rid of that last bit of fat is hard as fuck: but time and a deficit is all it takes, it just sucks to slow down

Agreed, from 22% to 12 was easy. From 12 to 9 was a struggle.

How much muscle will I loss if I decide to fast compared to an regular cuts?

Broke ass college student signing in

Literally cannot afford to spend more than $40 a week on food.

What should I be prioritizing to buy when I shop for food?

Your carbs (oats, pasta, rice)
frozen veggie mix
milk
meat/fish on sale
everything else (nuts/snacks/whatever)

>carbs are #1
Even if I'm cutting?

straightdope.com/columns/read/2828/could-i-survive-on-nothing-but-potatoes-and-milk

Eat nothing but potatoes, milk, and oatmeal

You will hate your life though

probably a little less so, but I can imagine it's hard to cut on green veggies and meat on just 40 bucks a week
whole wheat pasta and brown rice can keep you pretty satiated
low fat milk is pretty nice too

>nuts
>on a budget
>no eggs

>tfw cut from 15% to 12% and still have slight manboobs

keeek these are rare af famalam

just fucking 3 more kilo or something fuck
just fast forward 3-6 weeks dont have anything to do anyway
reeee

Anything with significant protein fills me up for like 5 hours at least, I had a 3scoop shake hours ago and that is not even half of what I need protein wise and I'm still full. My weight came from empty calories which I've cut out already.

Do you have a store called "Sprouts" by you? If you do, check the meat section during the middle of the week for things on "manager special". I would stock my freezer full of multiple flavors of chicken bratwurst when I found them on manager special. It's like 2 bucks per pound.

Stock up on rice too, it's ridiculously cheap.

Such a white Knight, leave the fraud user to his devices. Also, go check out PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast)

ground beef or ground turkey?

On an EC stack, added yoh+fasted LISS after waking. Yesterday did 10 mg of yoh with my normal 25E/200C, and felt totally fine. Today did 20m of Yoh and same EC, but I'm shaking like a fucking leaf.

How long is this gonna last? Any way to make it go away quicker?

Mixing yohimbine and EC is literally the opposite of what every guide tells you to do. It puts a lot of stress on your heart + fucks with your blood pressure

Yea but 10Y/25E/200C didn't make me feel anything bad, and I've read about a few people doing that, so it'd seem like it'd be fine.

Just how do I make it go away?

Sounds like a solid plan. Capitalising on cheap food is smart, and this way you'll be able to save a bit of time cutting later.

My tdee is about 2800, down to 2300 because I'm on a cut but I never manage to eat that much regardless (I have been tracking everything I eat and their macros I am not overeating accidentally) and I only manage about 1800 calories a day, just above my BMR, as a damage control for my fucked up appetite I mostly eat only chicken or tuna, protein shakes, rice, and some vegetals. This usually ends up with me almost hitting my protein macro but woefully lacking in fats and carbs.

My question is, can I survive 6 days a week of exercise on a 1000 calorie cut for three months? I don't know how to dial it down to a safer 500 calorie cut without feeling nauseated all day.

>cutting for 6 months
>drop 50 pounds
>my main lifts only went down 2 reps MAX, most just stayed exactly the same

feelsgoodman

I was exactly the opposite, my willpower was fucking incredible at first. I mean to the point where I would log every single chip I ate into MFP and wouldn't eat ANYTHING sugary or high in calories. Now I snack a lot and generally eat crappier, but oh well. It's not like I'm competing for Mr. Universe anytime soon. Just so long as I'm not a blubbering fatass/ skinny fat I'm all good.

rice, beans, tubers, and flour will always always always be cheap, they are an international stape and have been for milennia

high-protein meats like tuna and chicken are normally cheap, but you can save by buying the 'manager special' or 'butcher special' packages in the meat department of grocery stores. kroger and HEB if you're a Texan are great for this. the managers special meats are simply packages that are within a day or two of their sell-by/expiratiom. throw them in the freezer to avoid this, thaw quickly and cook quickly to avoid spoilage. season your meats with varying rubs and spices that are low in sodium to avoid fluid loss and also to not get bored of the same foodstuffs

it's not that hard dude
I spend 35 a weeks top at wegmans weekly, and 8$ of that is usually sparkling water. which I don't need.

Lean chicken breast is $2 a lb
pasta is 3.75 for a box with 4 bags
rice
spices
milk

I just eat chicken and yogurt and add in accessories like pasta or rice as necessary, but it fills you up.

Just curious, at what weight did you guys start to cut?

Been lifting on and off due to a couple injuries for about 1.5 years now, never not bulked, but I have unintentionally lost some weight during injury periods where I stopped lifting/paying attention to diet.

Right now, I'm at 175 lbs, 6'0. Just wanted to get an idea of when I should start cutting.

>need to cut 30lbs
>don't want to because I've just now hit lmao 3plate bench

Help me brehs

Just say fuck it give up on cutting permabulk and become a powerlifter

I kind of stalled and stopped losing weight at 66.7kg last week, dropped the calories 100 further down and now I've lost 1.5kg in a matter of 4 days. Should I be concerned?

>started at 255 last year may-ish
>got down to 180 last easter and decided to bulk for a bit to try to increase my lifts, sick of them being stuck
>confuse bulking with endlessly eating pizza, gain 15 pounds (although i did add 30 lbs to my bench...)
>am now stuck in an endless cycle of cutting down to below 185 then binging on pizza
Fuck me I need somebody to beat the shit out of me every time I think about getting pizza or any other stupid shit, I do it mentally to myself which makes me feel even worse and then I go get more because hurrrr depression and comfort eating
I've become less of a fatty externally but how the fuck do I stop being a fatty in the head

>210 protons in 2900cal
>hard

Fuck off, I've fit in 180g on 1300cal easily.

>chicken
>nonfat Greek Yogurt
>nonfat cottage cheese
>eggs/EGG whites