>the French resistance was useless
I think for once he's right

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage
youtube.com/watch?v=1TmPHBgn1Es
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Le_Gloan
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just read Orson Welles saying the same thing in his conversations.

It was mostly just a bunch of hobos hiding out in the woods to avoid being drafted for forced labor in Germany.

Their main contribution was providing intellegence and delaying german troop movements in the run up to d day, as well as ever so slightly hampering german exploitation of french resources for their war effort. They never posed a significan threat to the occupation

Unlike a certian croat and merry band of communist partisans

Just killing Nazis with my Broz.

There are some very pathetic aspects of the French character, this picture is the perfect illustration of their boorish entitled meanness.

WW2 PARTISAN POWER RANKINGS 2X17 EDITION

1. Yugoslavs
MARGINAL POWER GAP
2. Polish Home Army
3. a. Baltic Forest Brothers
3. b. Belarus
YET ANOTHER POWER GAP
4. VIVA ITALIA
5. GREECE
6. PHILIPPINES

MAJOR POWER GAP
7. Norway
8. Netherlands

YOU TRIED TIER
10. FRANCE

why didn't you include Sweden

>punishing traitors is bad
should've let them all switch sides so they can die for nothing with germans huh

>lindybeige
>being right
Simply isn't possible.

>greece that low
Come on, the Cretans gave the Germans such hard time they never again used paratroopers in such a large scale and the resistance in the mainland was so big that they had to exterminate entire villages.

>forgetting about Albania
They actually set up a government and drove the Germans out on their own. TOP TIER

It wasn't cretans who gave the germans a hard time, it was the british there

Name one thing Lindy has been wrong about

dual wielding.

r/ing pic of French girl sucking American GIs dick in public

I bet that's exactly what lindybeige thinks

we have a saying for these guy in France "collaborators in 1940, resistants in 1944"
These guys never stood for themselves, they follow the dominant force

Same thing happened in Belgium and the Netherlands though.

They were called "Moffenhoer"(Krautwhore) here.

Also requesting this, for a friend

The Bren

Sweden wasn't occupied, because they were completely cucked and sided with the Nazis without it. Sort of like today with their new friends.

What hard time? The bongs got BTFO there same as everywhere else.

All the resistance movements in Western Europe were meme-tier

Just fuck my shit up senpai

Italy gets major points for Sicily and actually killing Mussolini

He said flails weren’t used in battle

Krautroasties btfo for eternity

>North African campaign
>middle east
>battle of the Atlantic
>battle of Britain
>operation Market Garden
>Burma Campaign
>Battle of the Mediterranean
>Battle of Madagascar
>East African Campaign
>Siege of Malta
educate yourself amerimutt

>market garden
Nigger what

It was 90% successful according to Monty.

>according to monty

the french resistance

you are not even french, come on, please stop

still better than danes I guess

Polish resistance was weaker than French one

Resisting against neurotypical scum since the 40's.

He's not wrong, I wouldn't call it a "saying" but there is a term: résistants de la dernière heure, for people who suddenly became resistors when it was clear the Nazis were going to lose

>he doesnt know of The heavy water sabotage
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage

same shit happened here in Belgium
A lot of people became "heroes of the resistance" the moment the americans were knocking at the back door

Define "weaker"
I numbers, French resistance counted at most 100 000 members before Allied invasion (of course it increased rapidly after it -400 000 members in october, but after that time resistance didn't play important roles in the war), while Polish AK alone counted 100 000 members in february 1942 (390 000 in summer 1944), and not to mention peasant BcH's 160 000 members, nationalist NSZ's 70 000 members and communist AL's 50 000 members. And don't forget population of Poland was 10 million smaller than France's in 1939. French resistance had its most important roles sabotaging German army in Normandy and liberation of Paris wit heavy American support. In the meantime, Poles managed to send Allies cracked codes of first enigma machine, and send them the first report about the holocaust. Partisans paved the way for Red Army (operation Burza) despite huge hostility. Polish resistance managed to liberate Vilnus and Lviv almost on its own, despite the leaders were sent to gulags later. In Warsaw uprising resistance was left on its own, and it took Germans two months with help of SS elite and Luftwaffe to wipe it off during "the bloodiest urban street battle since Stalingrad".

Exactly. However, this term does not mean that these kind of resistants were collaborators in the first place

Is that Putin

The Resistance is the most unified movement (from mid-1943) with no equivalent regarding other european movements in german occupied countries during ww2.

They drew germans divisions off the frontline to fight in their 'maquis'.

They helped downed bomber crewmen and escaped pows.

They gathered a nice amount of intelligence before D-day and delayed german reinforcement during the Normandy campaign and Operation Dragoon.

They created the national healthcare.

They actually set up again a democratic governement and restored the republic and drove the americans and brits out on their own. Now we haven't US bases on our soil and we have the atomic bomb.

>you tried tier

That woman you're talking about is either german or austrian, not french

>That absolute destroyer at the back with the sten.

To be fair the British paras outlasted expectations by days with a fraction of the forces they were supposed to have and the plan came close to success

IIRC the French Resistance was mostly limited to fringe groups like Commies and ultra nationalist. The French people didn't really put up a fight and DeGaulle started the myth about the French Resistance being bigger than it really was. Even Free France was little more than a few blokes in London.

wow it's nothing.exe

The french resistance received lots of supplies and weapons yet they never did anything big, they just waited for the allies to do the tough job so they could then go around screaming "WE DID IT!" The glorification of the french resistance movement is almost cringe worthy.

>literally including the ugliest island full of samaniego -aquino-bugtong fuckers
>the nation that is so prideful, yet has done nothing of value anywhere.
>literally created the nutshack

I think you are Filipino.

you can't be 90% successful if you failed your goal. home by chistmas my ass.
and those british paratroopers died for nothing.

>hehe bren>>>> spandau xDDDDDD

Enarmes, greatswords.

CHECCKKEDDD

found the frenchcuck

>french resistance

I mean, partly, I'd like to see how well the airborne did without frogs using their torches to guide them down where they wouldn't get absolutely fucking shredded by Flakvierlings that morning or if the railway network wasn't getting totally fucked

>I'd like to see how well the airborne did without frogs using their torches to guide them down
American and English pathfinders did that

Who do you think was running recon? The eternal frog has his place in ww2, it might not be glorious but it ended better than the Polish blowing their wad on the assumption the Soviets were only 30 kms away doing an offensive

>The eternal frog has his place in ww2,
see

>french women are too pragmatic for manchildren on Veeky Forums

it merely cements their roles as subservient cowards la

Lohengrin was doing his exercises half naked?

indeed, he was spot on, however, the resistance had importance to the french self respect, even self respect based on a lie

more telling is that they need to feel more powerful by attacking women

He's a maniac on the floor
And he's dancing like he's never danced before
youtube.com/watch?v=1TmPHBgn1Es

Well they're the reason why Germans kept a massive military presence in France, so there's that.

oh yes, it was the french who were going to invade through France across the channel that the germans were guarding against

Nah but there were garrisons all over the territory because it clearly was never secured.

yes it had nothing to do with the fact England was amassing an army of a million men on the island in preparation of the largest seaborn invasion in history

No I don't see how having troops in Lyon has something to do with England...

The Danes are pretty much the most moral of all the resistance groups, thanks to their efforts they managed to evacuate 99% of their Jewish population to Sweden once Hitler ordered the occupation force to round them up to the camps. Only about 500 Danes were sent to concentration camps, compared to other resistance groups in Europe which didn't give two shits about their minorities or started to fight each other over ideological differences.
They also played a significant part diverting Nazi resources to Denmark rather than to Normandy, some what similar to what the Norwegians did.

However once liberation came and local resistance groups pretty much armed anyone with a red and white armband shit got stupid.
Like firing at Krauts about to go home in the middle of the street stupid. And the usual shaming of girls who slept with Germans.

>Fail to defend your country
>Attack the women when they need to comply with conquerors
How brave!

These women were stupid honestly, not waiting the end of the war to relieve their dangerous instincts...

They came in after all of the fighting was done and attacked women and singular soldiers coming home.
Basically the biggest pussies in history, and also France's only contribution to the war.

>France's only contribution to the war
Let me introduce you Pierre Le Gloan, based French ace.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Le_Gloan
>Pierre Le Gloan shot down 18 aircraft (four German, seven Italian and seven British)
>tfw you can't help but kill Anglos