Does fitness lead to gfness?

does fitness lead to gfness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not if you're ugly

/thread

Listen, kid, and everyone else:
If you can't get on with girls before going to the gym, you're not going to have any better luck AFTER the gym. It's a social issue, not a fitness issue. The only exception to this is if you are FAT, in which case the only women you're going to get on with are fat ones like you, so either get thin or be happy with fat women.

Things the gym will NOT fix:
o Poor hygiene
o Bad or lack of personality
o Bad or lack of sense of humor
o Low IQ
o Bad or lack of social skills
o Genuine mental illness issues

Things the gym WILL fix:
o Being weak
o Being fat
o Having no endurance

..but it will ONLY fix those things IF:
o You have personal discipline
o You have patience enough for the 'long game'
o i.e., you don't expect results overnight
o You have mental toughness enough for when the going gets tough
o You can be smart about how you're training and eating
o You don't make excuses for the lack of the above
o You have the dedication and tenacity to acquire all the above, if you don't have them now

That's the reality. If you can't deal with that, then you don't belong on Veeky Forums.

Bumping for great truth

the gym can -help- fix several things you say it can't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
cardio is better for these things but any exercise helps the mind in many, many ways

If so then why are there so many abject losers on Veeky Forums who have been lifting for years? You can't count on physical exercise fixing your brain-related problems, and you sure as fuck can't count on it to fix social problems, either, and it's just plain not cool to even suggest that. People with social or emotional problems need to specifically address those issues, not 'mask' those problems by running away from them to a gym and lifting heavy things. Should they do that, if they don't want to be fat, weak, and slow? Yes. But they should NOT do that thinking falsely that it'll fix their entire lives for them; that takes an entirely different kind of work that has nothing to do with the gym.

it will absolutely help with confidence. which is about 90% of the game.

boost in confidence, boost in your looks, and interacting with girls just becomes effortless.

i personally have benefitted from the antidepressant benefits of exercise, and have felt it lift a brain fog that made me (feel?) stupid

>boost in confidence, boost in your looks, and interacting with girls just becomes effortless.
Again: Why, then, are there so many abject losers on Veeky Forums who have been lifting for YEARS, yet they still cry and whine about >tfw no gf ? Because it's got nothing to do with lifting. The ones who 'make it' socially would have anyway; they just look better now because they lifted than they would have otherwise, but they'd be 'social winners' regardless, and the 'social losers' are still losers, they're just losers with bigger muscles and a six-pack.

If you want to be a winner socially, you have to do things to BE a winner socially, not just lift heavy things. Too large a percentage of the denizens of Veeky Forums won't or can't do the work necessary to BE social winners, and no amount of lifting will make up for that.

>clearly your issue is anger
As I sit here, expressionless, not a single blip in the flat line that traces my mood, there is, as always, some guy who assumes that writing in strong, purposeful words is a sign of 'being angry' -- and as usual, they're totally, completely wrong.

hence "help" and "several"
learn to read maybe?
clearly your issue is anger

i get it, you're pissed lifting didn't cure your autism, but you don't need to type out tear-stained reams about it and mail them to me do you?

Then your problem wasn't mental or emotional, your problem was metabolic; you sat around, giving your body no purpose, therefore it would run at the lowest possible energy level that still allowed you to continue living -- but keeping you in a half-asleep state. Not the same thing.

This is bullshit ignore it.

Lifting isn't a cure all but it will help a lot!

i see, so you take the "just make shit up as it comes to me" approach to medical science?

>checked
but fair enough, i guess the lost causes will always be lost causes.

but take a normal dude who's a bit shy/socially awkward, and have him lift for a couple years -- the boost in appearance and confidence is probably gonna be quite helpful socially.

>here comes the 'autism' and similar insults
Since I'm 6'4", 200lbs, loaded with muscle, have friends and an active social life, participate in a team sport, and have a regular job, I'd have to say that you, of course, have no idea what you're talking about.
Furthermore I'd have to say that since your attempted taunt is rather specific, that you're projecting your own problems -- and failures -- onto me or whoever else pokes your sore spots with a stick. Go get some help already.

300 confirmed kills you say?

>but take a normal dude who's a bit shy/socially awkward
See, that's my point: You're describing someone who doesn't HAVE any real problems to start with, they just don't have any direction or purpose. Most people have this same issue; they have to be *given* a direction or purpose, because they don't figure one out for themselves. All lifting did for your theoretical 'normal guy' is bring out what he already had, it didn't give him anything he didn't already posess. Unlike someone with real emotional/mental/developmental issues. They need specific work in specific areas, the gym alone won't do it.

See, this happens all the time: I'm a (relatively) normal person, in a place full of very-much-not-normal people, and you can't handle what I have to say because it makes you feel so vividly how you're broken and I'm not.

You tell me, friend: Do you really feel like you're someone else now, OR, do you feel like who you've always been has been unlocked?

>Why, then, are there so many abject losers on Veeky Forums who have been lifting for YEARS, yet they still cry and whine about tfw no gf
Because we're infected with r9k autists who cling on being negative and depressed.

Saying lifting doesn't build confidence and using /fit as your base example doesn't prove shit m80. Logically, if a person looks better, they will feel better. I do agree about the idea that one will not become better socially by lifting though, for obvious reasons.

meh, look at it from another angle, the more attractive a girl finds you, the easier it is to chat her up, flirt, take her home etc.

attractiveness has quite a few facets, but confidence and appearance are huge.

is there really a difference if you've been one thing all your life?
ok dude i'm sorry
i apologise to you
i meant you no offence
i forgive you, will you forgive me?

I am saying that lifting won't give you something you don't alread posess, it just brings out what you already HAVE.

Here's a handy example of what I'm talking about in another thread I just found:

Gorrilla warfare you say?

im between fit-athletic, 21 years old, i dont plan on getting a gf soon.
i like being fit for myself, not to get others approval
right now girls are a waste of time / resources

>is there really a difference if you've been one thing all your life?
That sounds like a symptom of what my father used to refer to as 'an acute case of extreme youth', and it really doesn't change anything I asked you: Do you really think it gave you something you didn't already posess, or did it just bring out trait(s) you already had, but were locked away inside you? There's a difference. Some people don't have those things inside them, and they may never get them, either, but going to a gym, by itself, won't do that.

it gives you more confidence, but if you're still a pussy beta and dont ever hit on a girl in your life you're wasting time.

You forgot to tip your fedora nigga
But seriously folks
Don't let some guys personal experience influence you to such a great extent
Just because this guy can't tell the difference between objective and subjective doesn't mean you can't

ok then, no
"the person you were always meant to be" doesn't exist
there is only who I was and who I am

>the difference between objective and subjective
Let's talk about 'objective' versus 'subjective' for a moment:

>some guy comes on Veeky Forums
>is skinnyfat, weak, slow
>gets fit
>gets a gf
>everyone assumes his getting fit got him a gf

"Correlation does not imply causation"

>some guy comes on Veeky Forums
>is skinnyfat, weak, slow
>gets fit
>gets rejected by women constantly
>posts 'tfw no gf' threads all the time

Explain that?

Simple:
>being fit has nothing to do with your social skills or lack thereof

It's just as likely the first guy would have got on well with women without the muscles.Did it enhance his chances? Maybe. But that's not relevant.

Something I should point out to everyone, that I should have said before:
PLEASE DO BECOME FIT IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, IT'S A GOOD THING OVERALL.
However: Don't expect it to fix your other, non-fitness-related problems!

Can you explain what you mean by it brings out what you already have? Do you mean in the sense that we're capable of achieving anything if you just put in the work?

>Do you mean in the sense that we're capable of achieving anything if you just put in the work?
In spirit, yes, I agree with that statement, with limitations.

>Can you explain what you mean by it brings out what you already have?
A question like that is more philosophical than anything else, really.
Something like 'confidence', for instance, doesn't just spring into being out of nothing, there has to be a 'spark' of it in you to start with, and experiences you have will foster that spark and cause it to grow.

You. Yoouuu. You got a gift my friend. You got a gift.