Who /insmonia/ here?

who /insmonia/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/
nosleeplessnights.com/exercise-before-bed/
youtu.be/ZS-SkALrMN8?t=1m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Melatonin helped immensely.

It might not work well at first, but after you've been taking it regularly for a few days, it should help.

>nutrition on point
>work outs always really great

>struggle to get even 6h of sleep a night

I hate this so fucking much. Why are humans not able to control sleep consciously??

I suspect I do. On weeknights I'm usually up until 2, 3 sometimes playing vidya even though I have to work the next day.

The weird thing is, I've actually caught myself more than once, recently, thinking to myself, "Oh, thank god it's Friday, I don't have to work tomorrow, that means I can go to bed early tonight." What the actual fuck?

I had insomnia from quitting heroin, didn't sleep for 5 days straight. Eventually my post-acute withdrawal ended but I still had insomnia, but I got it together recently. Follow these steps:
>go to bed/get out of bed at the same time. Even if you wake up too early, like 4am, just lay in bed until your wake-up time
>turn down your screen's backlight all the way an hour before bed and take a melatonin. Don't watch/do things you haven't seen/done before. Don't try to think of any new concepts or learn anything before bed
>learn how to clear your head when laying in bed. Don't ever get angry that you can't sleep, that makes it worse. Just chill.
>stop drinking caffeine completely. Caffeine has a long half life and a little will still be in your system when you go to bed. Just quit it.

Here.

Anybody have luck going to sleep right after work?

Going on 20 years, 5 hours of sleep a night on average. Not uncommon to miss sleep altogether.
Pretty sure it was brought on by video games late at night as a child and waking up for school super early. Brain has never reprogrammed itself.

If you want to get rid of raccoon eyes and puffiness in the face after your morning shower take a cold compress and put it on your face (with a clean rag usually over your face) let it sit for about two minutes. Take coconut oil (a finger swab at most) and lightly run it under your eyes, wipe away excess.

Works pretty well, but on work days I don't have time and I look very strung out as if i've been shooting up heroin.

Any list more extensive than this?
selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/

Honestly you can't, your mind will be too active. You need at least an hour as a buffer

Whatever any of you do don't use benzos for sleeping with any frequency, quitting them is worse than quitting heroin, and they will slowly turn you to a fucking zombie. Though i have to admit ambien is pretty neat for when i absolutely want to sleep and need to be alert the next day (uni exams), short half Life and effective, but sleep is pretty horrible for a few days after.

Sleep is probably just as, if not more important than weights and food when it comes to making gains.

Do some cardio before bed, should help. Most importantly, do not underestimate the importance of sleep.

Cardio is the last thing you want to do before bed, anything that acts as a stimulant or increases blood pressure has to be avoided.

You need to do things that lower blood pressure to force sleep.

Also, other chemicals (apart from melatonin, it's harmless but not very effective if your insomnia is due to anxiety) should never be taken as a permanent solution, however if anybody needs to get off benzos i found mirtazapine to be life saving. With it i could sleep even during the first week of withdrawal. Not top quality sleep, but still good enough cosidering i got almost 7 hours a day compared to like half an hour without. And the best thing about it is that it sucks. It gives me headaches and nausea and saps all my energy, so there is literally 0 abuse potential for it. It also isn't addictive (at least for me, reports online say it might be), in fact i felt better coming off it

I've tried, not using electronics before a certain time, cutting out caffeine, fucking meditation, exercise 4 hours or more before sleeping, nothing. Pretty sure Melatonin supplements are a placebo meme.
No avail.

I start hallucinating by day 3. Feels like little ninjas following you. Running water starts to sound like music.

I'm on clonidine right now, but that shit is fucking horrible. I'd rather hallucinate ninjas.

I think they're gonna put me on Ambien next.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

what the fuck is up with the last one? I used to be able to have 2-3 pots of coffee and sleep like a baby now i could have a diet coke at 7pm and not fall asleep till 5am

Like the other guy said, cardio or any exercise that lifts the pulse should be avoided. You may go for a walk, or do some stretching, but beyond that is a no no

>those days where you fall asleep early and sleep very well and wake up early and you feel like your in a completely different world

shit is so rare it makes me feel like a kid again

If you really can't sleep, you should be spending some time meditating throughout the day. It lowers the pulse, and enters the body into a state of rest. When I stay up for 24-30 hours I usually mediate intermittently, this way I don't even feel all that tired.

20 minutes of meditation has even been found to work better than a nap of the same length

I literally can't sleep without medication. My brain will keep going at it forever, no matter how tired my body gets

I am insomnia.

I suspect it comes from my years of drug abuse, which mostly consisted of klonopin, xanax, valium, fentanyl, lyrica, hydro/oxycodone, and the occasional carisoprodol.

If I these drugs throughout my late teenage years, would it still be negatively impacting my sleep now after being done with all narcotics for almost a year? Or am I just bound to be an insomniatic bastard for all my life who needs to drug himself to sleep every night?

Currently to sleep I take 4-6 500mg valerian root caps and 2 50mg diphenhydramines, and it hardly helps at all but sometimes it sorta works.

>tfw barred ot current and reading this

>go do activity that makes you awake to go to sleep

thanks bro this helped tons :D

An hour before bed:

>Use apps to eliminate blue light from electronics
>No food
>Smoke weed
30 mins to bed
>pop melatonin
>read or browse chans with blue light eliminated

Proift

It's pretty awful especially if you're also on /nofap/, I can't be doing 250 pushups every day

Insomnia rarely occurs in people who excercise frequently (even if only lifting weights) and eat properly. Fucking cancerous cuckfags that dont lift need to get off this board.

Got any proof or you /pol/cucks just talking out of your asses again?

Not one of those posters but thats common fucking knowledge.

You don't exercise before bed unless you want to stay up. If you need to nap after a lift or a run you're in fucking miserable shape.

And you can get out of depression by smiling more

>common fucking knowledge

Just like "toning" is common knowledge for normies right? Like I said, if you guys dont have any proof for your claims then gtfo, people coming in here with bullshit claims are ruining this board.

Seriously, take a step back, and just fuck yourself. People like YOU are ruining this fucking board by being insufferable fucking pricks.

And yet despite quite some time passing nobody has posted anything to back up their claims. To be honest if people like you sit around and are ok with people spreading broscience all over the place then you deserve the shithole that this place is becoming.

I can tell almost for sure that most people on Veeky Forums who have insomnia got it from sitting in front of the screen when they should be asleep. Fucks with the thyroid and throws you into insomnia mode.

I used to stayed barred out, all day every day. Xanax was by far my favorite drug, so much better than anything else. It nearly makes my mouth water to think about the bitter drip after snorting, or chewing one up, or letting it sit under my tongue.

I feel bad for people who live their lives and never experience alprazolam even once, it's really something special, an adventure every time. I'm jealous of you at this moment user but alas those days are behind me now.

This. I feel you man

shit troll is shit

Wouldn't it be common knowledge that an increased pulse leads to inability to sleep? Beside which, depending on the activity, it'll put your body out of lethargy, making it harder to fall asleep. Just think on the days where you slept like shit, felt tired all day, until you exercised, thereby making you feel fresh and awake.

Also, I don't see what /pol/ and cucks have to do with my claims. Even worse, I have a sneaky suspicion that you're a bonafide newfag by your needless and inappropriate spewing of "cuck".

That has nothing to do with my point, of course, it just makes you a faggot

There needs to be an air of caution when taking stuff just because it seems intuitive; talking to people at the gym and you realize just how much bullshit is spread, people working out everyday for years and not seeing results? thats because they do stupid shit like 100 crunches every night which are "common knowledge" to most people outside of Veeky Forums. I mean even on this board you can see how bad it is when people say how its common knowledge that SS is trash but if you go on more serious lifting forums the common knowledge there is that SS is the only starter routine.

Also for your question I have to say that ever since I cleaned up my diet and worked out regularly I generally don't feel lethargic (unless I get drunk or some shit) and doing some heavy cardio 1-2 hours before going to sleep actually helps me sleep since im so fucking tired, but once again this is only my own experiences.

Even a very small amount of caffeine like the amount left over from a morning cup of coffee or a small amount from a chocolate bar after lunch can trigger insomnia, there are studies done

me too mane. fucking horrible. insomnia is the worst nightmare

Are you unable to use google?
nosleeplessnights.com/exercise-before-bed/
You should exercise 4+ hours before you go to sleep.

Stuffing molly up my ass and letting g it dissolve and burn my rectum gives me fond memories. Those days are behind me now.

I want to fucking kill myself, I've been living like a crack addict, I sleep all day and stay up all night. I've been living like this for 6 year's.

haven't you tried to go on a sleepless night so you can adjust your inner clock?

Did you fucking read the article you mongoloid fuck? The only part that supports your argument is where they made a conclusion based on a study of only TWELVE people. The rest of the article generally says that there is negligible difference of less than 5% between sleep quality of people who exercised right before bed and people who exercised early in the day.

most probably this

Was the reason in my case. Just stopped using the PC after 10 pm and I was able to get up at 8 am again, FeelsFuckingGoodMan

Of fucking course, it doesn't work.

I thought I was the only one who felt this feel. those days are worth living for

That helps when your cycle is off but not with insomnia.

I consume lots of store brand sleep aid syrup. Tastes yummy too.

>negligible difference
You do realize you're in a thread that has people with sleeping issues right?
Nothing is negligible kid, anything that shows a positive difference should be done.
Working out daily, not working out 4 hours before bed, turning off electronics an hour or so before, avoiding certain foods, avoiding stimulants.
If you're going to be a brat and argue, provide your own citations.

I have to leave for work at 1:30 everyday to get there by 3pm. I get home by 1:15am every night. I'm usually up to 6 or 7 am everyday. Playing games, browsing this Mongolian tapestry weaving forum, or listening to music. I roll out of bed everyday less than 40 minutes before I need to leave.

More than 5 hours of sleep a day for me is a rarity. This is causing me to lose all drive to lose weight and work out. I eat like shit because im so pressed for time I don't prepare something. I'm always on edge. Anxious and irritable.

>Tfw sleep pattern is completely reversed now
Who else goes to bed when the sun goes up and wakes at sunset here?
Life is pain like this, feel terrible all the time.

It fucking sucks mane.

>Dunno if it's really insomnia (I haven't gone to a physician and got it diagnosed or anything)

>Shit started after working for some 8 months on the graveyard shift
>Shit was so cash. Do nothin, $40 hr.
>It involved being around large, extremely fucking noisy machinery for 10+ hours which fucked me up
>I couldn't sleep during the day unless I wore sleep masks and ear plugs.
>It got to a point where I simply couldn't sleep at all, not even during nights on my days off.

I'm back to a normie shift but I still have a hard time falling asleep and if for some reason I wake up I have an extremely hard time goin back to sleep.

I guess I should go to the doctor tho.

Try watching this

youtu.be/ZS-SkALrMN8?t=1m

Its an hour long but since you have nothing better to do you might as well watch it as its relevant.

Set it at higher speed if you want.

How much will 6-7 hours of sevrely broken sleep fuck up my gains? I wake up every 1-2 hours wide awake

I have a fucked sleep cycle. It sucks just laying on your bed and staring up at the ceiling in the dark for hours as you try to fall asleep.

The only cure I have found for my 'insomnia' is jet lag. Travel to a country with a 12 hour time difference and by the time you come back to America, you'll be fall asleep around 10pm.

Might be over training. I convinced myself this isn't a thing and went too long without proper rest, after a while I would lose more and more sleep until it would take me 3-5hours just to fall asleep. Fixed it by resting 5 days straight with regular diet now I sleep like a baby.

at least you deserve it, there are people who are sleepless without having consciously fucked their life

this, took 1, cranked one out 30 minutes later, almost didn't make it to bed