/owg/ Olympic WEIGHTLIFTING GENERAL

RIP in piss edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10778984
telegraph.co.uk/athletics/2016/07/18/russian-state-sponsored-doping-sabotaged-sochi-winter-olympics-s/
youtube.com/watch?v=uyM6Wyg0xPg
pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/weightlifting-training-plan-dump/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How detrimental is kyphosis to oly lifting?

I've been stretching every day and all sorts and it's better than when I started but I'll never be able to get a beautifully straight spine.

I'm way too old and not genetically built for it, so I've made my peace with never going to the Olympics but can I at least be competent.

same here. my back will never be straight in the front rack and i've come to terms with it.

i have had no ill effects lifting through it so i'd say keep going

hehe

Is Sonny Webster natty or nah?

RIP in peace

Probably, he gets out lifted by 69's

This desu. Very good numbers for a non professional lifter but they're achievable natty if ur talented

is there any detriment to doing a regular strength program and then doing a separate workout in the pm working on technique with lighter weight?
for example, a 5-day strength program in the am and technique on all those 5 days with the full movements at like 40-60% in the pm

strawpoll.me/10778984

P L E A S E

strawpoll.me/10778984

R E S P O N D

strawpoll.me/10778984

>didnt include "a cute" option
wtf man...

my back is literally TOO straight and thus I have suffered 2 severe hernias where its extremely unlikely to get them (t-spine)
a "beautifully straight spine" has to be coupled with insane amounts of core strength or you'll fuck shit up. wish someone told me this earlier.

to answer your question about kyphosis: you'll most certainly have to compensate with increased shoulder and hip flexibility to work around it. while still working on your back extension mobility.

>is there any detriment to doing a regular strength program and then doing a separate workout in the pm working on technique with lighter weight?
yeah, it'll only be effective for tech at lower weights (useful as a noob) and mobility, while still incurring moderate CNS fatigue. which takes a toll on your progress and makes quality rest and diet even more important. a perfect snatch at 50 kg is one thing to master, an almost perfect snatch at 90 is something else entirely. if you just wanna maintain (as much as possible) tech while getting your (strength / physique) foundation up I'd say it'd be more effective to do a light sesh of Sn + CnJ 3x a week and not 5.

Who are some notable lifters with short legs and long arms?

rip liao hiu

o shid

telegraph.co.uk/athletics/2016/07/18/russian-state-sponsored-doping-sabotaged-sochi-winter-olympics-s/

WADA wants Russia gone from the Olympics

Russian athletes can still compete under the neutral olympic flag if they prove that they're clean.

I wonder how many will, I'd doubt if the Russia governing bodies of those relevant sports would allow it. We shall see I guess.

what do if i hit my genitals with the bar from below while cleaning or snatching?

change grip

ob?

Is it christmas?

everday is christmas with onichan around

Numbness in thumb and pointer finger after over head squats

I know avatarfagging is a thing that happens in /owg/, but what the fuck is going on? This shit is out of control now

you should really give me your steam or something so we arent bugging people in owg

what u talmbout erbody loves loli

See a physio. You may have a pinched nerve.

ok

Or stance width

Median nerve comes up over inside of elbow and around the front of the shoulder, my unprofessional opinion is that you've irritated it somewhere along its length, most likey near your wrist

Check form, if problem persists then see someone

Russia btfo

>tfw first day lifting without mirrors

fuck lads it really threw me off. Anyone else struggle without mirrors at first?

rybakou has it and he's doing quite well.

literally me td
never wearing those undies for lifting again

u get used to it in like a week

midnight bump

fuck off m8

Care to elaborate please? Would be appreciated
I just bought some tight running shots and hope they will fix the Problem for me

No

You know how people suggest 2.5kg/5kg increases on bench weekly for a decent progression and 1.25kg/2.5kg for strict press.

Is push press more like bench so you can progress with larger amounts?

I really like to press and not sure if I should strict or push press 3x week.

Most people find that their push press is kinda close to their bench if they're trained equally, so you can usually get away with using the bench progression. This falls apart in really strong or trained lifters, but its fine for normal folk.

Personally I'd say strict twice and push once or the reverse depending on your exact situation.

Dellug competed this wkend in an effort to qualify for uni nationals

Now we will really know what his lifts are

the meme master lifts all the weight

All of the Chinese?

>130kg squat
>107kg front squat
>100kg cnj
>75kg snatch
>86kg bw

How am I doing for 1 year in?

Where did you start from

Lifts are good based off front squat but at 86kg bw you should be a lot stronger

Ex-brosplitter, always had a weak squat.

I managed to get it up to 140 with Smolov Jr but lost all that progress when going back to regular programming.

Cute

>when it's been months and you can't even clean 1pl8 and you have a fucking 145 BS and 110 FS :((((

just started squatting everyday so i can b strong like u mayne

nice

Remember to post form checks

Good luck

dont need to post form checks. form is a meme

You don't need and shouldn't be on smolov with a 130/107 bs/fs when you weight 86kg

Well atleast u know ur tekkers is horrendous so now you need to fix it

Ok hehehehahahhaha

#divebombgoodmorningsquats4lyfe

Srs tho if u wan git gud u should squat good

What do you leads use fit moisturizer? I've been using patroleum jelly, but I've heard it's also not the best

he competes this coming weekend
juan competed this past weekend

and juan got gold , didnt he?
juan you here? do you have some videos of your meet lifts?

I meant competing* but autocorrect changed it I was meming too hard

Do you know where the comp is ob

Coconut oil and Aquaphor.

Is Ilya kill?

he wont go down without a fight i hope

Why do pulls feel harder than snatches even at the same weight? What gives.

Remember to take your drugs boys

Are you that injured twink lol. Do you actually lift?

No currently I literally don't lift at all. Too busy being injured and working and school desu senpai

I used to think that until i learned to pull with good tech. its all about getting the second pull fast and good, that's when the bar will feel weightless when you're pulling with arms, and you have that little moment where you think "i could get under this"

Yeah true sometimes I feel that

Pulls today were with a pause at the knee so I suppose that's partly why they felt more hard

What were ur numbers before injured

make sure you bring the bar all the way up to your hips for MAXIMUM power

35/55

You guys seen this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=uyM6Wyg0xPg

i'm not a faggot, so no

i'm not a faggot, so no

Since when do the chinese have long arms? I'm talking LONG arms.

>waah waah waah no fun allowed

Ian Wilson is lanky as fuck
Sagir had pretty lanky arms

He literally never even did snatch or clean and jerk.
He hit a max squat of 120 or something, a front squat of 110. Absolutely pathetic, and somehow that injured him.

Yurik Vardanyan

You aren't bracing properly.

Core tight, shoulders and arms relatively loose.

caladan still here?

if you see this did you figure out what's wrong with ya back, mine feels pretty fucked. been stretching hip flexors but it doesnt help much i think it's due to my hip flexors being so tight is why i have low back pain

also how do i recover better, i'm gaining weight but i still recover slow as fuck. maybe more protein?

i kno i should. ass keeps shooting up when heavy bruh

>strawpoll.me/10778984
hey i saw that twink on ig and i think he is bretty gool guy

How the fuck does this have 200+ votes, I thought we were seekret, or is there vote fudging

no i have no idea, isac is v secrit abt his lifting
( i hear his real stats are 20/40@105)

does anyone have the Renaissance Periodization
pdf?

I want to buy weight lifting shoes for the first time. How long is the life span of a lifting shoe? Because I'm thinking of buying an AdiPower right at the start to get the best for the next years. I don't want to spend 70 bucks on a mediocre model if I will buy a good one one year later.

>Renaissance Periodization
I need to check that book out but periodizing your diet seems like a p weird concept.

i updated the program dump
this time i added liao hui's training plan and other chinese stuff.
ill go for russia and bulgaria next
pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/weightlifting-training-plan-dump/

not really. we're after adaptation, after all.

speaking of, does anyone train on a really full stomach? i feel a lot thicker and stronger

Interesting info about the peaking twice based in Soviet studies. I always wondered why my coaches programs had two peaks, he trained for a while under Soviet/Russians so I guess this is why

Thanks pent

well this makes me feel a bit shitty
>160kg b.squat
>140kg front squat
>110kg cnj
>80kg snatch
>83kg bw

you got nice squat to cnj rate there

Bought adipowers 3 years ago and mine are still going strong despite wearing them near enough every day. I'd say they're well worth their money.
Just don't wear them outside

what are commie's stats