/QTDDTOT/ - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Old one 300+.

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
armstrongpullupprogram.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay, so I'm a grad student. I'm overweight but not too fat to run. This spring I started watching calories and doing couch to 5k, got to about week six and lost about fifteen pounds, then the semester ended and I stopped seeing my friends as regularly, and my motivation just dried up.

Tomorrow, I'm going to start watching my calories again, and exercising. I have access to the following:

>a swimming pool
>a gym (machines only)
>space to run
>a pull-up bar

Instead of focusing on the fact that I've had a depressing setback which is entirely my own fault, I'm just going to dive in and do it right, and not quit this time.

My question is, in the absence of free weights, is running the best way to go about it, or should I be swimming, or doing bodyweight exercises, or some combination?

When I'm "greasing the goose" , if I'm capable of doing so , should I do more than one rep each time I do the exercise I want to reach a certain amount of reps?

I'm developing visible veins on my arms from lifting, and as a grill this is starting to worry me.

I've only been lifting for about a year so I'm not than lean yet but I'm pretty lean and my upper body has always been really good at building muscle. Are these veins going to become more and more visible and larger as I continue to lift? I've seen female fitness models and they have big veins and I don't want to look like that...

I want to be fit and lean but I don't want big veins. Is there a way to stop it from worsening? It's due to exertion, right, not exactly how much muscle you have so I assume it will get worse as I continue to exert myself.

What's better for chest gains? Dumbbell press or barbell press?

Play Pokemon Go, you'll get fit.

Short answer: dumbells

why this shit pic you retard

I do dumbbell presses for chest gains. I'm not entirely sure whether its better or not, but it burns a shitload more for me than barbell presses. It just feels intense to me

Starting my cut today, should I switch to high reps or stick with low reps to maintain the most muscle throughout the process?

well it sure grabs your attention
>not OP

Don't roid and you won't look bad.

How often should I take a rest day? are they 100% necessary for max gains if I'm already doing a 4 day split?

Thanks, niggas

Just for you, bby.

Can you dumbbell press 90lbs in each dumbbell?
If yes: dumbbell press
If no: barbell press

Noob here. I just bought supplements for the first time ever.

How'd I do?

work that sick chest man

Is wide grip bench a decent alternative to DB flys?

Some women that don't roid still get massive veins

I set my calorie intake to below maintenance and lift 4 times a week

So far I've lost weight

What the fuck Veeky Forums?

are they still big and visible when you aren't working out/post-workout?

How much will 6-7 hours of severely broken sleep fuck up my gains? I wake up every 1-2 hours wide awake with heart palpitations due to severe acid reflux

are you actually retarded?
tell me why you wouldn't lose weight.

I'm female too, only lifting a month, and I see veins getting bigger and more prominent. learn to love your new fit body like a fat girl learns to love her flab.

know that it's all beneficial for you.

Quite a lot. Try sleeping with the head of your bed elevated a little.

Cutting wheat out of my diet fixed my acid reflux.

They're most visible when I do curls. When I'm not lifting, only if my arm is pointing down.

I kinda think they're cool (if they don't get worse) but my mom noticed them today and said it's ugly and manly.

It's not bad at all right now, but like I said I'm scared of it getting worse

I'm trying to cut, still exercising a lot but mainly focusing on losing fat. should I continue with a ketogenic diet or just count calories? I've had a lot of success on keto so far (13lbs down in my first week and im not even obese) but i really want to have a happy meal after my intense workouts desu

>ugly and manly
Ask her why she thinks men are ugly. That's not very nice.

Is there anything wrong with eating 200-300g string beans a day? I know the calories are low so that isn't the problem.

When someone asks me what I can lift do they mean my 1RM? Is that what people are posting when posting stats on Veeky Forums?

How do you do your 1RM, warm up super light then do it? Just do it right away at the gym?

What are the excersizes in 1/2/3/4/ is it Overhead Press, Bench, Squat, Dead Lift?

anyone here use Walden Farm's pancake syrup?

6'0 Starting Weight: 201, Current Weight: 180. Waist size: 36

Dropped 20lbs since March by dieting, incorporating increased cardio, and medication for my depression/anxiety. Currently aiming for a 15% body fat percentage and losing my beer belly.

My two questions:

1. What is a healthy waist goal in mind? I have read 28-32in is ideal for most men. At my current pace, I expect to be 32 inches by the time I am 160lbs. At this point, I plan to switch my focus towards building muscle rather than simply 'losing weight'. Is this a good model to follow?

2. What exercises / lifting should I incorporate into my plan? I have been noodling with 6lb and 10lb dumbbells to warm myself up to the idea of going to the gym, but otherwise I have really not done much for the upper part of my body.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Yes, that is what most people do.

I do a slow warmup.

Yes.

Bumping.

Did I miss anything out?

your body uses the resting period to repair your muscles

hi, i'm looking for calesthenic exercising programs, what are the best ones in your opinion ?

New here, basic question.

What does lmao2pl8 mean?

Is 1pl8 60kg or 70kg?

20kg per plate, plus bar, is 60kg.

Really? I figured it'd be the biggest plate available which is 25 in my gym. Hence the confusion

Going on my first ever tinder date tomorrow, anyone got any tinder tips? i am nervous as fuck

You can always find bigger plates. If it just meant the biggest plate, then 1pl8 would be different for everyone, depending on what they had available to them.

1pl8 is 60 kg, 2pl8 is 100, 3pl8 is 140, 4pl8 is 180.

Wrap up. Tinder skanks are riddled.

Do you guys keep a food journal and plan all meals in advance?
Also do you add extra calories to your day for exercise? I'm on a cut and I've been eating a static amount regardless of cardio/lifting.

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.
>tfw broke 1pl8 squat and didn't know
Babby weight i know but I'm a skellington

I use MFP to track. I also eat some of my burned calories on a cut, but usually not all. Don't want to risk it eating into gains by eating too little.

Don't look at it that way.

You're 1/3 of the way towards the squat portion of 4/3/2/1.

Keep going.

Do em all. Swimming is full body, it's good, run a lot, do as much bw stuff as you can

I prefer short term goals. Current is bodyweight DL and squat

Well fuck, if you're a skelly you're probably around 2/3 there.

If you have problems getting into the gym, some pwo might help

>I want to be fit and lean but I don't want big veins. Is there a way to stop it from worsening?

I'm in the worst shape of my life currently. Last time I had blood drawn they had a hard time finding a vein, before when I was religiously active it was no problem.

You don't want small veins, little old ladies have them for a reason.

>I use MFP to track
So you track but don't plan ahead? Just a rough idea of macros for the day?

2 plates on each side plus barbell

45*2 + 45*2 + 45 =225 lbs

Yep. Did 65kg yesterday. Currently weigh 77kg.

After i hit that then the next target is 2pl8 or whatever my coach squatted when he was fighting. I know he did 120kg deads

Not op, but I like to get a fair idea of what I'll be having, then total it up as I go

Nah, I'm at the gym 5 days a week. 3 days lifting, 2 days light cardio on rest days.

Just new to the whole supplement thing, and wanted to make sure I'm getting the right shit.

That poem is fuckin' beautiful, mang.

120 is 2.5pl8.

What about the lmao part, or is that just a Veeky Forums meme?

So first 2pl8 then beat my coach after. Goals set for the foreseeable future.

>the city of you

Should I buy C4 again or try The Curse?
Also, would it be best for me to not lift whilst I discuss health matters with a doctor about how I feel about certain things? I feel conflicted by lifting, yet I enjoy seeing and feeling the progress...

I've noticed as I lose weight (been swimming and eating less) I tend to get cold easier. Is this a normal thing or should I be worried about it. I've started keeping a light jacket in my car. I don't have cancer or anything do I?

Less fat = less insulation.

I finished bulking and am in the middle of a cut. I am eating 200 or 300 cal. below maintenance and taking EC stack. Will this help me preserve muscle on the cut, or is just slowing the cut?

do people just not go to school anymore

Fug, I last semester I could tank through classes just fine but now lecture halls feel like tundras. Feels good losing weight though

>Core is weak as fuck
>Hate working core because its weak
>Core stays weak

how do i escape this

Caffeine tabs and weak gatorade senpai. And creatine if you're not taking it somewhere else.

EC stack accelerates fat burning, I believe, so you're good.

Decide whether you hate having a weak core or """"working core"""" more and chart your course accordingly. But really, if you're squatting, pulling, pressing, doing some L-chins, maybe a little ab wheel, you don't need much else.

Best way to cut? I was thinkin on a 500 cal deficit and 30 min of fasted cardio, obv doing 1g of proton per kg
Before the cardio some bccas and after a proton shake, any thoughts or recomendations? Gonna be my first cut

Ketofag here. A carby meal once in a while isn't the end of the world as long as you hop back on the horse next meal. I do every so often. Once a week feels too much, so I do a couple times a month.

Eat at 500 calorie deficit. Exercise. The rest works itself out.

Is recomping possible by doing carb cycling + lean bulking? Or if I'm not content at my current bf%, should I just cut cut cut down and then leanbulk?

Proton requirements: I hear varying figures thrown around. Was this disproved or is there new science: bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/ ?

When I hear guys here ingesting 200g of protons my stomach kind of does a loop de loop. Where are these numbers coming from? And say a guy like me who gets maybe an average of 100g in a day, which still feels high. How much more LBM would I gain in a year if I ate 150g? 200g?

What to do about tennis elbow? shits not gone away for 3 weeks now

Seconded. I have some elbow pain. Are omega 3 and coenzyme q10 good for this sort of pain relief?

I I F Y M
But better for performance not to cut at a huge deficit, obviously.

>How much more LBM would I gain in a year if I ate 150g? 200g?
You're asking for a lot more precision than anyone, especially strangers on the Internet who know nothing about you, can provide.

>Are omega 3 and coenzyme q10 good for this sort of pain relief?
never did shit for me. NSAIDs help.

>a lot more precision
Yeah, I wasn't really expecting a real answer, but was more interested in if it would make one bit of difference in the real world that a human can detect either strength-wise or size-wise. And by
>those numbers
I meant the people who are eating 1g/lb body weight and much more.

How much does lmao1pl8 weigh
I don't get the pl8 w8 m8

1pl8 is the bar + a 45 lbs plate (the largest plate generally available) on either end so 135 lbs

2pl8 is the bar + 2 45 lbs plates on each end so 225 lbs

etc

a plate is 45lbs
the bar weighs 45lbs
when people say 1pl8 they mean a plate on each side of the bar

>if it would make one bit of difference in the real world that a human can detect either strength-wise or size-wise
Very possibly not. It might be worth trying for six weeks or so just to see.

>I meant the people who are eating 1g/lb body weight and much more.
Yeah, that's what I meant too.

at what % does lower ab fat go away? I know it can vary but as a guy: 10%? less?

pretty fit now but I want that last bit gone.

1. I'm a 5'0" (155 cm) girl that weighs roughly 79 lbs (35.8 kg). If I wanted to get Veeky Forums, what would be the proper first step? Do I just start eating more and then start working out later? Do I start working out and eating more? There used to be a sticky here but it looks like it's vanished.

2. I need to buy a bathroom scale, which one should I get?

>Yeah, that's what I meant too.
I am not explaining myself well right now. Sorry. I meant where are they getting the *figure* 1g/lb. bw (and much more) from? Is it just broscience like
>.82g /lb. is good, so 1.64g/lb. must be twice as good
?

The past few weeks, been feeling pain in right quad, right around where it meets the knee. Only happens when I'm squatting though, not when walking, jogging, deadlifting,Leg Press etc. Only when I start getting deep in squat.

Not an immense pain or anything, but noticeable and it is starting to affect my form.

Any ideas?

Benching is terrifying as a lanklet. 192cm and at full lock out the bar JUST touches the very top of the rack. It's fine for now but as the weight goes up i can see it becoming a problem. I can't increase the height any more either

Oh, I see what you mean. IIRC, there were several Russian studies back in the sixties and seventies that yielded figures in that general range--1.8-2.5 g/kg bodyweight, something like that--and it got rounded off to 1g/lb for the sake of simplicity and memorability. John McCallium was talking about 1.5-2.0 g/lb back in the fifties, though, having arrived at that figure through what I assume was the usual combination of observation, crude experimentation, guesswork, and broscience that generates hypotheses in this field.

Shooting a video and watching it may tell you all you need to know. Some knee protection may help--sleeves or light wraps.

I'm not sure I follow you.

I just cut recently and lost 20 pounds. I did like 8-12 reps on most everything. Didn't see any loss in strength, and if anything I got better in some lifts, though that could be because I was used to 4-6 rep range and trying something new. You could probably succeed with the 4-6 range, I doubt you would see any strength gains and you would have to be fine doing the same weight over and over again.

I would say more important though is keeping up your protein intake to a lot. You want to retain as much muscle as possible.

Okay what is the most effective time to drink your post workout shake/smoothie? Immediate after your routine, ten to fifteen minutes after, half an hour, one hour, two?

What's a good by muscle routine? Something like legs chest back legs shoulders chest.

Okay, so when you're looking at a workout plan and it says for instance, 5x6-10

Can one of you break down what each of these variables represent?

Any time that day is fine. Meal timing is a meme.

You should definetely bulk. Also don't think eating more and working out as seperate steps, you have to do both of them at the same time. And by working out I don't mean cardio and shit, you are already damn skinny. By the way a simple digital bathroom scale is ok for now. Don't spend your money for expensive shit.

Whats a good TDEE calculator? And what settings should I input if I do compound lifts 3 days a week?

scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Though I used a few and averaged them out.

Is there any plan like this that includes swimming on some days rather than pull-ups?

armstrongpullupprogram.com/

the program says it's absolutely necessary to do pullups 5 days in a row