Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OdXKfSp-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=3q6hAY6lscM
youtu.be/8sBFZMu6Cdk?t=1m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meant barbell "bench" press

roll of shame

acquire spotter.

Why would you need a spotter for press ever? Just drop the bar and step back. Big noise but no big deal.

Grow a set of balls or cure your autism and ask someone to spot you. Honestly not sure which alternative is the least unlikely.

When im in trouble i shoot my butt off the bench for ultra leg drive to hopefully get it onto the lowest pin, but that only happened like twice im a few years.

Every time I'm about to take the bar off of the rack I reflect on my existence, take note of whether my life was well spent, and make peace with my impending death.

maybe stop using the suicide grip

If you scream, people usually run over. Just try not to drop it to hard when you fail so you can hold it for a sec.

Wait, that's an option?

Dangerous man, you could miss the pin and drop the bar on your head/neck

Just don't use clips so you can tip the weight over, OR when you fail just push the weight to your lap, sit up, and then pick it up and put it on the floor. I've failed twice maxing out before and had no problem using the second method to get out of it.

the safety bars on my rack are perfect height just above my neck but below my chest when arch my back a little bit

>just push the weight to your lap, sit up, and then pick it up and put it on the floor.

I hope I can remember that in the moment

Just don't panic, you're not in any danger when the bar is resting on your chest

get power rack it's worth it

easy af mate.

just gently lower to your chest, then roll it from your chest to your groin and sit up.

practice it with babby weight a couple of times, it will save your neck no joke

What if it gets caught on my boner?

youtube.com/watch?v=n_OdXKfSp-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=3q6hAY6lscM

Alternative technique

Is this a viable tactic during incline?

please

Use it as an opportunity to train your boner.

Yes, it's actually easier on incline.

Decline, however, you're fucked.

But you shouldn't be doing decline, ever. Waste of time.

This.

Otherwise it's the roll of shame which is uncomfortable as hell on your abs once you get over 2pl8

Keked loudly

I never put the clips on just incase i have drop the weights off the side. But usually i just go one rep before failure.

Who is this fluid druid?

amy acker

So true. I missed the pin twice in the last year (barely), and had one side fall onto my face. I wasn't completely spent so I was able to control the descent and also ended up turning my head so the bar was resting on the hollow part of my cheek. I wasn't using clips so I was able to tip the weights off that side and save myself.

I was surprised I wasn't injured. Didn't even bruise. But it was scary af.

Just do it in the Smith machine. Better to be in pussy town than snap city.

Never heard of this grip before, definitely won't be using it

youtu.be/8sBFZMu6Cdk?t=1m7s

lol I've been benching alone and adding weight for months

it's normal to lift alone, just do 5-8 reps, it's easier to stop before failing a rep