/plg/ - Powerlifting general

Late night edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for twinkfrey is OBSESSED with me

first for we need 1 more guy for 5stack csgo

Probably his gut, he's got a round little belly it looks like.

I wonder if he'll post a shirtless picture. I wanna compare torsos, because we're the same weight. Don't remember how tall he is though.

>haven't played cs in years
>like 20 minutes total logged in GO
>don't even have it downloaded right now

kek maybe some other night

I think he's 5'8 or 5'9.

If 5'9 then we're the same height and weight. I really want to see the difference now lmao

>195-200lbs depending on whether or not i've eaten
>friends say im swole
>350(LOL) wilks
>just look really fat
>sheiko says 5'9'' lifters need to be 220

w..what.

He's not 5'9 masterrace, he's 5'8 manlet scum

THIS POST claimed for my lovely princess, trappy-chan

Eh, an inch shouldn't be that much of a difference. Panzer, pls post your glorious naked torso

>loud as fuck rap music being played from a car outside

I don't want to get shot in a drive by because of the color of my skin.

>tfw i think both fat retard and boardshorts bullied you last thread.

Trip on panzer

>tfw i mixed up pronouns in this post

at least you can squat 2x bodyweight

Probably just Pokemon Go

>when you bully Joff but really don't have a dog in this fight

Thats cause noone likes you( now this is me with on my mobile)

I'm here to shitpost and let Joe know he will never deadlift more than me I'm certainly not here to post pictures of myself half naked for autistic children like sean to save

At least you don't have a retarded haircut and you aren't a twink manlet.

Shame about not being able to squat 2x bw, or reach a 400 wilks despite roiding though.

w-why would they bully me

No bully, I promise friend

I like Joff

I like Joff well enough

Why is the aaron will never squat 2x BW meme so funny

>I like Joff

Not really a fan of that one. My favorite is SSSCNTK100, makes me giggle every time

I like pretty much everyone here tbqh

Literally fucking twinkfreys mom rn

because you are a spineless suck up

Me too lad, me too.

I like Joff he's just a shit sometimes

>Spineless
Nope

>Suck up
Nah

I just find most people likeable in some way or another. I don't suck up to anyone, I just try to be friendly, and usually nice because it's how I am. Unless they're being a dumbass, then all bets are off :^)

I have never seen Joff not be a shithead lately.

Do you remember the time he claimed to have nearly godlike intelligence?

Can Alex put on the comfying jeopardy or something?

How was training today, friend?

Wew lads. Hit the gym this afternoon then worked the line, all on three hours of sleep.

Just got off, how's the rest of you blokes doing?

Actually really great. Wrapped up with farmers walks. Fucking insanely hard.

What about you my man?

#Cooklyfe

Hopefully your favourite bus girl wore yoga pants today

Decided to keep my front Squats at 225lbs for a 3x5 because I'm going to be rep maxing some heavy deads tomorrow and I need my lower back somewhat mint. Got mired from some old guys cause I was FS two plate. Hopefully I'll scare some hs kids tomorrow.

What do you think about taking a handful of days off right before a meet?

Ps congrats on the 405kg squat double

(Seriously fucking fix your spreadsheets you goddamned ameritard)

>What do you think about taking a handful of days off right before a meet?
A Good Idea.

Call me a bloke again and I'll knock you the fuck out

Haven't even had a chance to see them yet, brah. They've got us working full shifts to an empty restaurant. Literally cooking for 4 hours straight, turning out plates. Then before we clean up the joint everyone sits down to this magnificent feast.

This place is the flagship of a chain, so they want all of us totally on point. Looks like I'm skipping breakfast and lunch for the next two weeks. I just spent the last 6 months losing 125 pounds, and now I've basically got access to unlimited top-end pub-food.

Yo, thanks for the recommendation on The Sun Also Rises, brother. It's good so far.

>The Sun Also Rises

Glad you like it. The book always seems to give me new things every time I read it.

Alright lads,

Back to work tomorrow so I gotta go get my 8

Be good to one another.

3 x 405 kg squat? Holy shit Boardie, you're a beast.

>Front squats to save me for deadlifts
This isn't even a thing dude
Front squats kill me on my deadlift
>fix
No. Can't make me do it

Fkn monster m8

Front squats killing deadluft makes sense to me since the quad strain fucks sumo completely, and the core strain is equally bad for deads as regular squatting

lads. who here takes fish oil/zma. does it help with recovery? would recommend? my desire to lift is outstripping my hips ability to recover.

What weight class are you planning on competing in? You cutting down for your comp in a couple months or you just gonna stick it out where you are?

Peace, brother.

Take test oil instead then. Much more effective.

Both are only going to help you if you have a deficiency. If you eat any red meat at all you're probably alright on zinc - 100 grams of beef has about 50% of the RDV in it.

It's always better to get your micros from food, better bioavailability and all that. For magnesium, your best bet is spinach and pumpkin seeds (though most nuts have a load of the stuff in it).

If you're not a big fish dude, the fish-oil will definitely help with joint health.

Milk is the best source for magnesium desu senpai

I'm gonna stay here until I'm relevant (never) and worry about it when placing is contingent on my bodyweight (never)

Eh, it looks like a cup of milk has 10% of your DV. An ounce of pepitas has got 37% - plus the fat in pumpkin seeds is fantastic for your hair for some reason.

I could be wrong, I just reference healthaliciousness.com for all my micros.

Don't sell yourself short, man. You've got the touch. You've got the power.

Yeah.

youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Has your squat been going up or what? I feel like if you pull in the mid 600s you should have your 2xbw by now

3 0 8

I already squat 2xbw it's just a meme that I don't.
>mid 600s
Not yet friend. Should be fine for 635 soon though.

Thanks baby I needed that :3

Your squat's up to 616? Good lad.

Life goals. What are you down to bby?

No idea, but I'm wearing my belt four holes tighter and my deadlift is getting stronger.

Abs when?

I'll just do rollouts all day every day until my abs show through any amount of fat.

My overhead strength is ascending from poverty to mere mediocrity as well. I'm feeling good.

Can you reach the bar when it's on the ground yet?

What kind of overhead weight are you working with?

What am I, some kind of orangutan-armed cheater? I did widen my stance a bit and everything feels better.

I've been doing close grip Z presses with a multigrip bar. Last session was 235 for sets of 10. No clue what my normal OHP is at, but I was hitting triples at 260 or 270 back when my bench wasn't even 400.

Chilli for lunch before deadlifts was a bad choice

>tfw a fart last the entire deadlift rep

ded thread needs more friendship

For real, lurking these threads for the last 10 months has been a wild ride.

Seeing just how strong so many of you are (and how humble most of you are about that strength when you're not memeing) was one of the few things that helped me get the weight off.

I look forward to getting stronger. I look forward to seeing all of you get stronger.

Take care, brothers.

>should be fine to pull what I pulled over a year ago

Boardie boardie boardie. You never learn man

l m a o

>couple of hours of terrible sleep
>diarrhea
>5 hour car ride

This is going to be a fun day.

BIST BINCH

Test

I keep having anxiety dreams

What's troubling me? I don't actually know.

Bounced the gfs head off the ground again lads

>Have do a cycle of c6w before I start sheiko so my squat/bench cycle line up with my deadlift one

Aww i want one

Also, i havent worked out in a week. Depression became really overwhelming. All i wanted to do is sleep.
Ive really trained hard the past two months. Was nursing a small arm injury and knee fatigue.

So maybe it is for the best

>Bounced the gfs head off the ground again lads
Haven't seen you in a while lad. Did you get a new gf to bounce around?

Sparrow?

Got a black GF lads

>I'll just do rollouts all day every day until my abs show through any amount of fat.

My man.

Joe got wrecked lol

This is stupid and would only work on a talent cuck

Just kys alex

Kill yourself and fuck off

yeah take some time off before the meet

>close grip z presses for sets of 10 with 235
Will I ever even lift?

You can lift the plates on and off for him.

Seriously, what is basically a 235 strict log for 10 is really fucking good. There's some damn good strongmen who don't have that kind of overhead strength.

According to t-nation, Z-presses are easy to hit 225lbs

Anyone who tells you that is a lying sack of shit or has no idea what a z-press is (let alone trying to do it with the multi-bar, which is just a bastard of a thing in its own right). If you can hit your 5RM strict press for a single on the Z press you're doing pretty well.

It's a harder movement than a strict press, in this case being performed with a harder bar, done for 235x10. That's the sort of numbers you'd expect from a guy who strict presses in the mid 3s.

You're an idiot

Very impressive counterargument. Destroyed him tBh.

Is 2.5kg weekly on strict press unreasonable or not?

I'm doing 28 free programs 3 day beginner and stuck at 65kg ohp max.

I thought they were supposed to be magic? Should I keep doing what I'm doing an eat more or do the intermediate one?

Run sheiko
28 free shils r sheit

>hottest day in England all summer
>girlfriend wants to go on a hike

rip remember me

All this talk of ohp

I should just do smolov Jr for overhead strict press

My fucking shoulders would get jakkt

>norsie thinking about training again

One strongman I know trains his overhead by pretty much just doing a (daily) max then 5x5 or 10x3@80 for two variants twice a week.

The shoulders, man.

It's all I think about

I want more shoulders

>10 kg lighter.
>110 kg diddly.

Sparrow is officially a twink right now.

>Tfw you are strong enough to rape Sparrow at this point.