Can anyone on Veeky Forums dispute this?

Can anyone on Veeky Forums dispute this?

Its no scientific study but it confirms what we all know and have known for decades, full body routines are king, splits are for pinheads and dyel who will never stop being dyel.

Only that he's got a fucktarded approach to measuring volume.

lol, enjoy doing a full body routine for a year :)

I did bro splits for years, stagnant in my progress, until one summer I discovered this full-body routine tilted towards calorie burning, which appealed to me as I was trying to cut. I went on a calorie deficiet, and tried this full body routine. My results went electric. My strength and mass went up as it had never done before, even on a (pretty severe) deficiet. I was amazed. Now three years later, I still do a full body and have never looked back. I modify the routine every 3-6 months as to not plateu, with the same exercises, but the premise is still the same. Legs, back, shoulder, bicep, chest, abs every workout 3 times a week.

Full body routines are truly phenomenal. Anyone who still uses a bro split is missing out in a profound way.

Setsxrepsxweight is EXACTLY how you measure volume.

Right, but the science on protein synthesis elevation is super clear.

And thanks to schoenfeld (et al) the data on volume is damn clear too

Not when you're trying to compare across exercises, if you want anything resembling useful data. And barely if you're comparing the same exercises.

Post routine

When I was younger and had just started lifting my trainer put me on a fullbody routine. It made insane gains, too bad I fucked them up by quiting lifting and dude weed lmao'd

>barely when comparing the same exercises.
This part is 100% horse shit, but i agree about total volume on bench being incomparable to flyes

Total volume gets very, very screwy once you've got more than a slight difference in load % (at least if you're using the very simplistic more volume = better approach in the screenshot). It ends up giving incredibly divergent results over miniscule changes.

Schoenfeld et al 2014 and 2015 seem to suggest otherwise....

Not really. Neither of those articles are using volume comparisons of the type in the OP, nor do they support it.

Right. I did not mean to imply as such. I was just addressing your claim that across different load %s volume is """""screwy""""" even comparing the same exercises

The staple of the routine is deadlifts and squats. That has never changed. Those two three times a week. The other stuff (chest, biceps, etc) varies every 5 or so months, like I said. Currently, I'm on a AxB plan (A being one day, B being the next)

A

Flat dumbbell press
Flat dumbbell chest flies
Weighted tricep dip

Weighted pull-up
Cable row

Standing dumbell fly

Smith trap raise
Smith calf raise
Squat
DL

B

Incline dumbbell bench
Close-grip flat bar bench
Low//high cable fly (2x8 each)

Standing biceps cable curl
Concentration curl (2x8)
Weighted Reverse Pull-up

Bar upright row

Smith calf
Dumbbell trap raise
Front squat
DL

Again, all that is pretty fluid aside from the very latter two. Shoulders are pretty easy to fatigue and are used in almost every upper body workout, hence why I only do one isolated exercise. DLs and squats BTFO your CNS, so I do squats at the beginning of my workout (to keep the upper body fresh) and DLs at the end. Energy efficiency is essential.

Keep in mind, everything works differently for everybody, so what works for me might not work for you and vice versa.

P/P/L > all routines after noob gains
dispute me fools

lmao.

Full Body has 50% more up-time on protein synthesis and +7.62% more volume when compared to PPL.

You're literally getting less time with heightened protein synthesis and less volume by doing a PPL...when you think you're doing more...you're actually doing less......for more days in the gym..........NICE LOGIC LOL

I've worked both brosplits and full body. Full body is definitely the harder workout and because you're only going every other day, it makes you feel guilty and turn to something like cardio/abs for the day off. Whereas with splits, you don't have that nagging guilt, but the easier workout makes you feel like you aren't trying hardenough.

Anyways if you're roiding, do a split because the protein synthesis problem goes out the window. If you're natty, run a full body or ppl. brosplits are easier, because they are inferior.

this is anecdotal but I recently switched to full body 3x a week after getting burnt out doing a PPLx2 routine going six days a week.

I have noticed no difference in the amount of gains and I spend less time in the gym. Granted my full body workouts take 2 hours but at only 3 times a week that's just six hours of gym time a week.

What kind of full body routines do you boys like?

I do something like this:

Quad Dominant (Squats / Front Squats / Lunges)
Hip Dominant (Dead Lifts / Leg Curls / Hyper Ext)
Horizontal Push (Bench / Incline Bench / Dips)
Horizontal Pull (Barbell Rows, Cable Rows, Lever Rows)
Vertical Push (OHP / DB Shoulder Press / Lat Side & Front Raises)
Vertical Pull (Pullups or Chinups / Lat Pulldowns / Lever Pulldowns)
Biceps
Triceps
Abs
Calves

I'll pick one of the three exercises listed for each of my 3 days a week at the gym and do 3 sets of 8-15 reps. Sometimes I'll throw in an optional extra two sets of something like chest flyes, rear delt flyes, shrugs, or glute-ham raises.

Thoughts?

>he doesn't HIP DRAHVE

You do 1-3 sets total? Wat

nah i do 3 sets of each category. 30 sets total unless i do some extra things.

like the first day might have squats as my main quad dominant movement and then the second time i go to the gym i'll do front squats then lunges the third day.

That seems excessive, limiting your lift maxes

maybe my google-fu is weak but I can't find any source for the stuff that's written in that pic

>he's not doing full body routine 6 days a week

been doing it for half a year now.

gainz like mad, pussi

Who the fuck cares about maxes?