Dips for chest master race

Just picked up one of these in excellent condition for £50 UK pounds.

This means I can train chest at home without having to worry about getting stuck under a barbell or having to wrestle heavy dumbbells into position.

Who else prefers dipping to benching?

you could just bench in your power rack

but yeah, i replaced bench with weighted dips

My shoulders feel like they're getting destroyed on every rep.

I just floor press lmao.
No need for a costly bench or rack, and safer than benching in a rack. Plus no leg drive, so you are actually lifting with your chest.

Anyways enjoy your underdeveloped clavicular pec

I do both because I'm not a sour grapes faggot.

if only you could perform some kind of bench press without a barbell

call me crazy but I like that feel

That's what landmine presses are for.

If i had a rack, i'd use it.

I do DB Bench (I get a really big strong mattress and fold it over kek) and weighted dips famalam.

I do my dips inbetween two kitchen counters :^).

Cruising on that poorfag lyfe.

I do both, but yeah, vastly prefer >weighted dips to a regular bench press.

>a dip rack
I do them on my forklift's forks, and when I'm done with dips, I'll raise the forks up and do pullups from them, and when I'm done with the pullups I'll drive it over to your mum's place to lift her flab out of the way so I can deep dick her while she cries about her faggot son.

You need to crack some apples if you wanna make lemonade
I'm on ketamine

>doing them wrong
>shoulders are probably weak af
>stretch because you're stretching pecs a lot doing dips
>lots of people dont even fucking strectch so they cant do dips

you're a fucking idiot

If dips hurt your shoulders, you're doing them wrong; simple as that.

You're not a man for pushing through the pain, you're a fucking mongoloid

>What's that?
>You say that weighted dips are bad for the shoulders?
>I'm afraid that you're wrong on two counts

>Firstly, with proper form and enough strength you can maintain the requisite scapular depression to prevent any impingement-thus preventing any injury that fools, such as yourself, seem to be so well acquainted with

>Secondly, in the age before this one (back when chivalry and masculine strength were valued traits) weighted dips were normal
>So much so that the nomenclature was different
>Back then it was simply called
>The Dips

dat try hard

i do between two chairs, i do a leg raise and hold it until i do about 7 or 8 dips (max i can hold my legs on the raise)

This is my favourite shoulder and chest stretch, you can really feel your shoulders spread out to the sides when you get it just right.

I believe they used to be referred to as 'the upper body squat'

That's how great they are.

careful, Gotta love special-k, but nmda-antagonism lowers test levels so dont do it too often

Not necessarily.

Not everyone has the same shape scapula. In a certain (quite significant) % of the population, the shape of the scapula severely limits the mobility of the shoulder at certain extremes and can make certain movements uncomfortable or dangerous (for example dips, and BTN press)

All that said, these people just need to accept this fact and cut the ROM a bit shorter for dips and they'll be fine.

L-sit dips are the best

I find that this style doesn't really do anything for me even with a weight belt on

...that's a tricep dip you retard, this is all abwork, this doesn't change from a regular tricep dip either. fucking dyel detected, this is also a crossfit workout, pls kys

I don't plan on going any lower than parallel. While being sure to keep my scapula done and retracted.

Any more tips?

Elbows flaring out, it's even a bad triceps dip.

and not everyone stretches you retard. Lots of people don't stretch so they can't do dips properly, god you niggas are retarded. You act like people are cripples, weren't trying to be gymnasts here. People don't even do basic stretches

Keep your wrist + forearms aligned. If your wrist bends you risk straining your elbow and possibly thus your shoulder tendons which will cause pain.

Arms should be as tucked close to your body as possible. Do NOT flare your elbows outward as this is a VIP guest pass to snap city.

And of course, don't divebomb it, lower yourself slowly.

shit mobility detected

Thanks man, would it be right to screw your hands to increase torque in your shoulders?

Like trying to bend the bar when you're benching.

>If dips hurt your shoulders

well it's not hurting, I more like extreme stretching, thats why I like it. I go very deep with my dips cus I can, I also stretch everything at home

>you're a fucking idiot
>You're not a man for pushing through the pain, you're a fucking mongoloid

I never push through the insane pain, you so mean senpaii~~

>First time working out today
>Did a pull day
>Don't feel like I trained hard enough

I read somewhere that I'm not supposed to go to failure, but maybe 1 rep shy. I did that, and at the end of the day I couldn't lift anymore, but on the way home it doesnt really feel like I worked out hard. My friend said I should feel it killing my arms right now if I worked out hard

What gives? am I suppose to go to failure? How do I know when my muscles is exhausted?

>dips instead of bench
Can I do both?

Gironda dips are goat for chest.