Doing squats

>Doing squats
>Girl says "your knees should never go past your toes and you should never go below parallel, it's dangerous"
>I respond "that is literally the opposite of what all pro/Olympic weightlifters and coaches will do and say and they lift way more weight way more often without injury"
>Girl "I don't care what they say, I'm not an Olympian. Besides my boot camp coach said..."

Fucking hell Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-ass-to-grass-squats
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When people say stupid shit i just laugh in their face and say "yeah whatever, bub" in a dismissive manner. Works 99% of the time.

whenever someone gives me unsolicited advice I just say "ok" and keep doing what I'm doing.

>I'm not at the highest level in this sport so I shouldn't take advice from people in the highest level in this sport
>I should be allowed to have an opinion

Then again:
>top level lifters get injured all the time
>they have way better genetics that regular people
>they're on drugs
Not saying she's right, but things are definitely different for world-class atheletes. Doing what they do in terms of training (not necessarily form, I'm talking more like volume/intensity/frequency) will probably not yield success for most regular people.

>muh jennedicks
KYS

>boot camp
Hol up hol up
You think you could make any money by hosting a gym class where you teach women to squat and do hip thrusts and deads if you called it booty camp?
I'm just thinking out loud here, it's surely been done before.

You should have just gone along with her, acted like you would consider her advice, and got her number, or at least flirted with her. Is this the first time you've encountered a dumb woman? She probably just wanted to get your attention somehow. Was she hot?

it has been done before it will be done again.

95% of your clientele would be slightly obese soccer moms

>hurr durr people have better genetics than me
jump off a bridge fag

It's a girl I've known for years, already have her number but she's not my type. She's OK looking.

>your knees should never go past your toes
I thought the knee past your toes one was true (never looked it up), does that explain why I have such a hard time getting low?

It is not at all. Keep your heels on the ground and your knees can travel as far out as they need to

You cannot properly go low without allowing it to happen. Unless you are a genetic freak with backwards knees or something. It's a myth.

Why are you talking to people at the gym?

pff, Nothin' personal kid.

Don't say "bub" if you don't have adamantium claws.

>did this two years ago at a Zumba dance studio as a "trainer"
>attended Zumba for free because decently fun cardio and studio owner was a friend
>brought in barbells and weights
>nearly perfect copy of SS

They never even figured out they fell for a meme

wait boot camp is what they call their shitty "training programs"?

i thought the girl in OP's post meant military boot camp

How were your results?

yeah I literally just steal scooby's programs and teach them to soccer moms

Thank her for the reminder of why you are making it and so many others are not
Then squat deeper

>"your knees should never go past your toes and you should never go below parallel, it's dangerous"
so much kek in one line
pretty sure ass to grass isn't dangerous, just not as tough. asians squat like that just to hang out; they don't squat at parallel because that's more difficult. idk, that's just what i've heard. ass to grass may be more strenuous, but i don't think it is.

WTF are you on about. quarter/half squatting is far easier than ass to grass squatting. Also fucks up your knees more.

what
parallel=/=quarter or half squat. attached is half squat. will reply with parallel to ground squat. learn some shit before you shit talk, dumbshit

i'll also send ass to grass squat just so we can be clear

Alright you dumb nigger, so why is it that people who go to parallel can squat more weight than they can squatting ass to grass, oh let's see, maybe because ass to grass is harder. Your whole anecdote about asians squatting is completely asinine and wrong.

This is also a low bar squat, people who ass to grass squat do high bar, low bar allows you to squat more weight as well.

the idea is you can essentially rest at the bottom because that's a resting position, whereas parallel requires engagement of quads (no bouncing for example)
when i'm sending these pictures, the only thing i'm looking at is leg position/squat depth
attached is ass to grass so we can be clear and cause i said i'd send it

It's far harder to get out from the bottom of an ass to grass squat than you think it is. If you don't believe me next time you squat try high bar and go to parallel, then go ass to grass.

hnnnnggg

mate it's a worksafe board, chill.

if you care to notice, ass to grass is clearly practiced by some seasoned squatters. like i said, ass to grass and parallel are both difficult
people can probably parallel more cause that's more common. ass to grass involves muscles and joint flexibility that people rarely focus on unless that do ass to grass.
how tf does quarter and half squatting fuck up knees more than ass to grass

I used to do ass to grass
irony of this whole thing is i actually stopped squatting recently cause of fucked up knee. i plan on building it up and doing it soon, just not sometime like tomorrow

Because ass to grass/below parallel aren't putting unnecessary stress on the knees, as opposed to not going to parallel.

alright i'll chill

>knees lower than hips, so the weight is resting on the knees, inducing a sheering force
>hips lower than knees, so the weight is resting primarily on the hips, and the knees just "follow along" as the hips preform the exercise

>comparing olympic lifting with a hobby lifter

going down to your toes has a different group of exercise.
she probably doesn't know that you are training those parts but according to your comment it seems you also don't.

if you keep your knees parallel to your toes you train your upper legs completley when you squad.
when you go off the knee to feet, you will only focus on certain groups and use your core more. but this could also retstrain your back.

>tfw ass to grass fucks my hip up

>my face when trainers used to tell me this in the gym

Fuck that, never going back. Homegym 4 life.

Wow op you sure didnt act like an autist and start arguing with a qt over going past parallel during squats instead of getting her number since she talked to you.

>ankle dorsiflexion decreases quad activation in a squat
No

I just squat in a way that feels natural.

Tried to do it with knees behind toes, felt awkward as fuck

the weight is still going through your knees though, just at a small angle. that reasoning doesn't really make sense; knees would still bear the same amount of weight

do you even lift? given that you low bar squat and engage your hips properly, your knees should be about above your toes.

this

In a way that puts less stress on the knee. Go try it out and see how bad your knees hurt after a while.

my knees are literally always above my toes

uh i think you're confusing this rando with me, the parallel squatting shit-talker

don't try to logic with wominz. should have just responded with a grunt or 'i got dis bae' and gone back to grunting and squating

paralell is the way to go.

above as in not in front of but not necessarily behind.

see i'd love to do some squats but my knee clicks when i squat any weight

Powerlifting style squats are the new normie meme.
"Haha never skip leg dad am i rite"

I squat 285 lbs high bar.

your squat is dyel as shit and you're retarded for using that cue for high bar squatting.

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-ass-to-grass-squats
this seems relevant

I squat atg and my knees get level with my toes.

I thought the knee thing was true, so I've been doing it wrong all along. I just do a squat like I'm closing a door with my ass. Keep my back straight and go down. Knees don't usually go over toes though and I've got pretty good gains.

Do I keep it the same or switch it up?