Dropping all calf exercises from my routine after 4 years lifting

Dropping all calf exercises from my routine after 4 years lifting.

Always felt like training them has never done anything.....I was successful with dropping shrugs 1.5 years ago and thus far seen continuous development of traps from deadlift/press.

Wish me luck boys

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never liked calf exercises myself either, as overdeveloped calves look gross tbqh, however I'll still do 3 sets of seated calf raises for 20 reps every leg day, just for the hell of it

Winners don't quit

OP here.

I actually find calves to be important for overall balance. But as I said, I feel like lifting has done nothing for me.

I always do 30minutes of cardio everyday for health purposes ( after lifting ) and even with that, my calves don't seem to have grown.

But then again I might have muscle dismorphia. I honestly don't remember the size of my calves pre-lifting. All I know is that I've progressively overloaded them like every other muscle, tried all different rep ranges, training them everyday etc. Nothing seems to change their appearance.

What bugs me is that when I make PR's on other lifts, the muscles associated with them seem to mature/develop/grow. For example if I gained 10kg on my squat, I notice a difference on my quads,hamstrings, glutes......but with calf-exercise and making PRs on them ??
Nope, I can progressively overload them all year round and they don't seem to change lol. Shits fucked mate.

How big they are?

i do calf raises in the end of every deadlift set

might be your genetics or form
mine have grown fast since this guy at the gym told me to focus on holding it for a second at the bottom

I don't know. Not big enough to warrant all the training Ive done on them.

Good enough in my opinion man.

Calf exercises are a meme

either you got em, or you don't

>tfw have big legs but small calves
>everyone jokes that i skip leg day but never do
end me

Friendly reminder calves should be trained for 20 reps if you want hypetrophy

Explains why every pro bodybuilder has huge calves,they just had them always.
>Believing in this meme

Thats not how gains work.

3x10 gives the same results as 10x3

what are steroids? and like anyone has the time to spend hours working out claves every day.

Veeky Forums knowledge right here. LMAO

>not doing 5x20
okay bitchboy

winners know when to quit, asshole

>tfw have small arms but row consistently
>have huge developed calves, quads, strong hamstrings, etc.
end me

It's not Veeky Forums knowledge, it's actual science, peer reviewed studies.

5x5 gives the same results as 3x10. (Also tons of peer reviewed studies showing this data)

"i do calf exercises on one day" Bitch we walk everyday, do them everyday. In football and basketball practice we did them every day

>what are steroids
It's true calfs are a very genetics dependant muscle it is about having ancestors who lived in mountains/hills vs flatlands

Show those studies, equal weight but different repranges but same amount of reps total

They don't all have huge calves. Of course, they all have larger than average calves due to taking enormous amounts of gear, but if you pay attention you'll see that their insertions give them vastly different calf sizes.

>2016
>not roiding
Its like you dont even want calves and want to stay dyel

Every bodybuilder who trains at the same gym i go has huge calves compared to everyone else. They might not have dallas mc carver big calves but twice the size of a normal gymgoer

Dennis wolf cant get his calves to grow on 100 grams of gear a week, what makes you think you could natty?

Calves are so small muscle you can train them almost every day, atleast every other day. They WILL grow, most people just give up on training them and complain afterwards.

I didnt say natty ;) But maybe dennis skips CALFDAY

>life is literally bodybuilding
>consistent 3rd/4th/5th placing in biggest bodybuilding show
>skips calfday

Dennis is german cuck, he just skips calfday m8

they look good man.

hnnnnnng

this

don't stop training your calves fuck head, theres no chance in hell they were that size before you started lifting

They look fairly proportional. I'm in somewhat of the same boat, but I noticed the interior muscle of my calf is overdeveloped and the exterior muscle is underdeveloped. I've started consciously pointing my toes inward while doing calf-raises and it's too soon to see any progress, but they've been sore as fuck lately.

Dennis is actually one of the "some" this refers to.

You can watch his leg day video online, he trains calves, heavy too. They just can't physically grow.

>as overdeveloped calves look gross tbqh
pffft the chances of seeing a man with overdeveloped calves is similar to wining lottery
btw small calves looks like shit and makes your legs look small and girlish

You need to run uphill

Hill sprints are really good for calf development

how the fuck do wommez always have thick ass calves?

How's my calf? They kinda look like tumors in this picture but I get lots of compliments at the gym and people asking me what I do for them

>they just had them always
They literally did

All of you landwhale have big calves

I am both of those yayy :^)

I thought you said you'd trained them?

I'm not fat, just a former fatty

Not all fatties/exfats have massive calves.
>my calves when I see a fatty/exfat calflet

h-hows my calf game s-senpai

calves can grow just like any other muscle. But calves are a little different

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves

basically, massive muscle hypertrophy is what is needed to grow calves. 100 reps on bodyweight calve raises with full range of motion and a 2 second pause on the top and bottom. Only takes like 10 minutes each day and required no gym and no equipment. Your calves will gain considerable size in just a month and even more if you keep it up.

Most people just cant be bothered to do it or are too lazy. calve machines at the gym are a fucking MEME and don't do shit. it's all about tons of reps for hypertrophy; it's why fat people and people who do ballet or dance usually have massive as fuark calves

That pinkey toe with no nail, disgusting

You are clearly at least 30% bf

She has more fat in the calfs than him

Are these calves achievable natty? I have high shit tier calf inserts. Half my lower leg down is just ankle bone.

yeah just eat clen, tren hard and raise those calves as if they were your own children

do farmer's walks you turd

>Always felt like training them has never done anything
user, this means your training was shit.
Any time someone says they have a hard time working out calves I ask them their workout and it's absolute crap.

hehe lol

the angle got oprah'd bro

Try running uphill, or through sand or mud.

>be short because female
>be genetically dispositioned to store fat in your legs because female
>eat a lot because female
bam, big calves

>doing calf exercises
>not just jogging with proper form

kek

>used to have twig fucking calves
>were probably 11inches
>quads start growing insanely
>calves are wayyyy behind
>looks retarded
>decide to not be a faggot and cry genetics
>8x12 calve raises in the smith machine 4x a week at 225lbs
>pic related

Don't even train them anymore

They fucking will grow it takes time, I didn't notice it for maybe the first 4-5 months, they looked exactly the same but I just kept training them and then one day I just noticed holy shit they look bigger and kept training them

But like I said now I don't train them anymore

>posting in a calflet thread

Post your nonexistent back

ah, the classic newfag line here on Veeky Forums

mirin vascularity
>p-pls mire

i'm jealous u take anything to help with that?

here is the back of my calves
>inb4 rustled

I was carb depleted when that was taken because keto.

Pic related is mid-bulk and +30lbs later.

adraffy you're 5'5 please leave.

You dont even need huge calves to look aesthetic. They just cant be small. Do your calf exercises and they will look good. Having big quads and hammies are far more important for overall leg development