Hold me Veeky Forums, I think I finally did it... I finally visited snap city. I'm 20 and been lifting since I was 15

Hold me Veeky Forums, I think I finally did it... I finally visited snap city. I'm 20 and been lifting since I was 15...

I was in the gym today and pretty tired from work, didn't warmup too well. I banged out 135x12 on deadlifts, then 225x8. I put on 3 plates, something I can rep for 5 pretty consistently. On my second rep my legs buckles and I feel/hear a pop in my lower left back. I finished the set. Didn't hurt in the gym, now that I'm home I can barely bend over or sit up straight without immense pain in pic related. Am I fucked? I also work a labor job so I'm pretty fucking pissed this happened.

Go see a doctor.

Best case scenario you strained something, which has caused swelling, which is irritating your sciatic nerve. If that's the case the pain will go away when the swelling goes down.

Worst case, you slipped a disc and you're going to be in pain and paying for ineffective but expensive surgical procedures for the rest of your life.

Go see a doctor.

D O C T O R
O
C
T
O
R

Rest and don't be stupid bc it will fuk you up even more. I hurt my upper back once and couldnt move my arm without being in agony but surprisingly I went back to lifting in 1 month

This. Also a few questions

>how are you at 315 for 5 when you've been lifting for 5 years
>why are you doing more than 5 reps on deadlifts
>how did you not know your legs were going to give out

probably lifting with your back instead of your hips

put one hand on low back and one on abs and lean back until the erectors shut off but jot so far back that your abs turn on.

stuart mcgills book back mechanic

It would have hurt like fuck, immeditially, if you actually hurt it bad.

Youll be fine in a week or two

>Anonymous 07/20/16(Wed)18:22:29 No.37994006▶
I can deadlift more than 315x5, I work construction in the summers between college and was pretty exhausted today. IDK, I warmup with lower weights and high rep on deadlift, do you advise against that? And my leg buckled after the pop, should have been more clear. I felt like I couldn't control it.

I had a muscle spasm a couple months ago. Same place on the side of the lower back. Hurt like a cunt, couldn't stand straight, even when I felt like I was fully erect I looked hunched in the mirror. I laid on my stomach a bit, did a few bodyweight squats, a few bodyweight SLDLs, and in a few days the pain was gone.

Exact same thing happened to me sophmore year of HS. You likely just pinched your lower trapezius. Buy some epsom salts and start taking hot baths with the salt dissolved in the bath water. Make sure you lotion up after the bath so your skin doesn't get all dry.
Mine went away in about a week

Sounds like swelling. Start seeing a fucking chiropractor. Ffs if your going to lift heavy Veeky Forums you need to see a chiropractor and stretch.

>chiropractor

>expensive

I pinched a nerve last week, havent been able to cardio or lift since.

Resting it, it is slowly getting better with icy hot, back rest, pain pills that help against fever and inflammation.

Mine was a pinched nerve, yours could be many different things.

First month I went once a week, ten bucks a session. Now I go twice a month, 10 bucks a month thanks to my moms health insurance plan. Have fun in snapcity.

>pseudoscience

>10 bucks a visit
I spend 30 on supplements and vitamins a month.

Cheap bullshit is still bullshit.

I had a rounded back. Now I don't. It keeps your spine, neck and hips in correct alignment so your posture isn't shit when your 40. Keep staying hunched at your computers and benching heavy idiots.

Thanks m8s. I applied ice the last hour and its feeling a bit better. Going to see our family friend whos an orthopedic next week. Will look into a chiropractor, not sure if I can afford one as a college student. If they really are $10 a session I will definitely consider it.

If you look at x-rays people's spines are totally out of line. Yeah you could go on living with your vertebrae all fucked up and improper, but you'll pay for it when 40 and you have horrible lower back pain even with proper deadlift form.

>muh fallacies

It depends on your insaurance, user. My mom works for a hospital so we got really good healthcare.

yoga is better than chiropractics

You're a fucking idiot. Any doctor will tell you when a spine is out of line if they look at an X-RAY. It isn't really known what good chiropractors do besides prevent injuries and fix posture.

I'm going to start going to a yoga studio in a month. Just gotta pay off muh car.

>if you look at x-rays people's spines are totally out of line
Yeah. Most people have protruding discs and misalignments. And most of them are asymptomatic because it doesn't matter if your anatomy isn't textbook perfect but you function well.

And even if it were a problem, a chiropractor isn't going to "fix" it by popping your joints.

To each their own, it's cheap for me so I don't really give a shit. I wouldn't pay much more then I am now and would probably just do mobility work off the sticky. Yoga is pretty much proven to be good for you from what I understand so I'll stick with that.