Help me out here Veeky Forums

Help me out here Veeky Forums,

My company wants to issue an internal coin, like a token for employees to collect for good work and other bullshit. I'm in charge of overseeing it and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this or advice.

Just a simple as possible coin and blockchain. No mining, simple wallets, possibly premined with XXXXXX amount of coins that are just sent from the bosses wallet. I have a bit of programming experience and employees to help.

Anyone have any open source projects they know of or something like that? Anything really, just advise if you will. Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/search?q=how to create an altcoin&oq=how to create an altcoin&aqs=chrome..69i57.4941j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
github.com/ConsenSys/Tokens/blob/master/contracts/StandardToken.sol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
bancor.network/bnt
app.bancor.network/discover
medium.com/nimiq-network/introducing-the-browser-based-blockchain-63d408add368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

blah blah blah

How much bitcoin for this piece of sirloin?

google.ca/search?q=how to create an altcoin&oq=how to create an altcoin&aqs=chrome..69i57.4941j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

third link seems tob e what ur looking for. you would need to ask for technical advice on bitcointalk i imagine.

You could make an ethereum token. The only awkward part would be that people would have to have ether to pay for transaction fees to do anything with it.

>hurrr i can't use google

github.com/ConsenSys/Tokens/blob/master/contracts/StandardToken.sol

why are you so fucking stupid user

urm, I couldn't tell you.
Actually very useful
I looked into this and realised the same problem, which is why I'm here. Not exactly ideal.

lol now op want a network with no tx fees

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Related question, does anyone know of a coin that specifically meets my requirements that I can clone?

Needs to be: no mining, simple wallet, premined coins just handed out like candy from the owner.

None of what you want makes any sense. Why not just make a simple centralized virtual currency?

i know a guy who can help you, whats your mail?

Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology but I think that's what I'm asking.

[email protected]

Your post is perfectly understandable but it shows that nobody involved, including you, has the slightest clue what cryptocurrency is, how it works, or what it is for. Your request literally does not make any sense so it is impossible for you to get what you want.

That's why I'm here asking questions, please feel free to educate me.

Is it impossible to clone a token/coin, give one wallet a billion coins and have other wallets that can send and receive?

You can create tokens on waves easily but waves is a shitcoin, but if they just want tokens made cheap, that's an option.

>she

Thank you I just found the github of this.

Why do you call it a shitcoin? Is it due to some flaw in the design or just because it happens to be a coin worth nothing? This isn't a problem.

because his jew employer needs to hear the right buzz words before he can get his good goy points.

This is quite accurate

Where's her other arm?

elbow deep

just make an account system with a database containing a balance for every user and some transfer functions, easy as shit

any suggestions on which coin to clone?

can we have her name please

I don't know it, I just saved it from another board.

It's a decentralized exchange that's runs on waves. I.e. Fees are paid in waves. Volume is low for trading and the interface is shit. But if you just want to create a coin with no knowledge of coding and developing and distribute them. Waves is your easiest option. Not shilling for them, instantly creating coins and setting the amount of coins etc. Is easy and very cheap, 1 wave when I did it, messing around earlier this year. I really didn't like the interface and the waves system of using waves for transaction fees that you need to pay attention to the fees because they are in waves. Sold my waves and left because of volume (lack of) and annoying wave calculation which is why I said shitcoin. I left not impressed with waves but I like the idea of decentralized exchanges if they could capture enough volume and creating the coins was very easy. Check it out and see if may be the simple solution needed.

I see,

The big problem here which stands out is having to pay a fee in another coin. How can I meet all my requirements without having to pay fees with another coin?

Sorry for shit explaination, I'm half awake hopefully you get what I meant.

It cost me $4 in waves to create a distributable coin, which I made out of curiosity. basically just buy a small amount of waves to cover creating and distribution fees. Idk how often you would need to exchange/transfer but a couple waves for each account or less would prob do the trick.

No problem at all seemed fine to me, I really appreciate the help you're offering.

At this stage I'm just looking for a coin that I can clone from github, give a lot to one wallet, no mining available, without having transactions needing fees in other coins.
so you're saying I could create a coin, buy a load of coins and then attribute them to other accounts somehow to cover all the fees?

Sorry have to go afk for 10 minutes, thanks for your patience with me by the way. I'm quite new to all this as you can probably tell.

come on, you don't actually think that's possible right

is this a really elaborate larp?

As I said I'm quite new, can you explain why it's not possible?

I don't believe you

What a retarded thread.

Op, if srs and not trolling just make a simple web app with user authentication where users have some (int/float) token value.

If you're not retarded this should be less than a day's work and you can tell your employers its on the blockchain, etc, since they probably don't even understand what that means and won't care so long as it works.

I don't understand why you think literally everyone knows about this kind of thing. I'm living proof that it's possible.
This is what i wanted to do in the first place, but my boss wants something with the potential to belong to a larger marketplace.

You can use the Stellar network. They also have a grants program is you look on their website.

Look on counterparty / xcp website, subreddit or YouTube. Many tutos to create a token in a few clicks.

Then as others have told you you'll need to pay fees on every transaction. Tell your boss that and watch how fast he backtracks.

you can make the shitty app and then tell him that you can distribute it and it's 'enterprise software'.

then just drop 'blockchain' somewhere in the conversation and it will all go over smoothly

Just use the same approach as onecoin.

>make a database
>button for add one coin
>button for substract one coin
done

Yeah it really wouldn't require much waves to complete this task. Idk man, check it out and see if it would work. If you can clone a crypto that you want to emulate, that may be easier to implement in your private network. Boils down to cost/work you are willing to commit to. Be fore blockchain my offices always came up with "office bucks" literally photocopied fax bucks that were tender only within the office for whatever. That seems like it could do the trick but not as cool.

Doesn't appear to be what I'm looking for.I'll look into it more though.
Sorry, just to clarify if you'll indulge me in this last dumb question. If I created a coin from a cloned github page, every transaction made with my coin will need the person sending the coin to also have some of the original coins from whatever I cloned?

I don't understand why that's the case when I want to create something entirely new.
It needs to potentially be on an exchange one day, we all know it will never happen but it must have the opportunity.
Will check these out

So this is a possibility then if we had to put money down to cover transactions it's entirely possible if I explain it to my boss he'll put some cash down.

Use waves platform to make a token.
Super easy to do
Download lite client and follow instructions

>If I created a coin from a cloned github page, every transaction made with my coin

Read up on blockchain tech, retard. If you use, every transaction will have a fee. Where that fee goes depends on the implementation but if it's going to be mass-marketable that fee won't be going to your employer so he will effectively be losing money on each transaction to some outside source. Tell him that and watch how fast he changes his mind about his dumb idea.

you pay fees with the networks coin.

Wow, if he's fine effectively paying unlimited royalties for this pet project I would be very worried and look for employment elsewhere cause it sounds like he's terrible with handling money.

Just going to do this now to get an idea, but i've been there before with Etherum.
He'd just ask why we can't create a coin/network.chain where the fees go to us, and I honestly couldn't explain why at this point, can you?
I see.
So every alt-coin ever is paying royalties to another coin?

Why can't we create a new network independent of other coins yet based off the same/similar source?

I just want to say I'm deeply regretting volunteering for this project now I've spoken to Veeky Forums :)

Does it have to be a blockchain?

It has to have the potential to be on coin exchanges along with btc, eth, xrp etc.

I mean look at Doge coin or something like that. That'd be perfect to have, with wallets not in comic sans and meme speak and without the ability to mine.

yeah you can make your own chain. but unless you work for apple or something, there won't be enough nodes and it will be hilariously annoying to use. also your boss is a dumbfuck

See this is actually helpful. So we couldn't pay for cloudflare or amazon to host nodes?

if it's a custom node/chain you won't be able to trade it on an exchange ever, period.

I like Doge as an example, can you explain how that's a thing? Or I saw someone talking about MAGA coin here not long ago.

Seems like this are pet projects made by people with potentially less resources than I have available.

>I honestly couldn't explain why at this point, can you?

Seriously? It renders the whole point of blockchain pointless if you control the entire chain. It's unmarketable as blockchain tech to outside entities and so is pointless to create instead of just making a cloud-based web app which will have the exact same marketability.

doge is a fork of litecoin iirc. they just cloned the litecoin node, and operate it with a different genesis block. that's all making a chain is.

>So every alt-coin ever is paying royalties to another coin?

""royalties"" (it's fees you god damn moron) are distributed to the miners.

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

The point being, it's not really something you can do with a blockchain, you can't declare yourself the billionaire and hand out coins as you see fit, right?
You said royalties first :/

>are distributed to the miners.
OHHHH, the penny has just kinda dropped on how this kind of thing actually works.

the point is that your project is doa and you need to be honest with your idiot boss about it. Also where do you work, do they pay well and are they hiring?

Yuuuup, maybe you are getting it now. Better to pay fees to miners vs supporting an entire banking infrastructure's fractional jew party bullshit, creating reward in this peer to peer clusterfuck of a revolution we're in.

Seriously just create an ethereum token.

That was in an example to explain to your boss how his money will be constantly decreasing

>you can't declare yourself the billionaire and hand out coins as you see fit, right?

Ironically enough that's actually the basis for most if not all shitcoins. So, yeah, you could do this but then you're relying on outside investors to inflate your coins value otherwise, obviously if it just remains in-house, the coins value will be dogshit and, again, unmarketable.

Does your boss want to create a shitcoins? Cause that's more like starting another company, really.

If it's centralized, just use ubuntu and install mysql on it. Keep a ledger as a database. Pull in localhost as a "wallet".

This would take like 4 hours and do everything you want. Much less verbose than these other methods.

lol do u know if she's 18 or just like jail bait that makes you wish you were 17 again so it would be legal.

I'm still not entirely convinced. I probably live and work thousands upon thousands of miles away from you.(Asia, hence my bad English)
duly noted, thanks
yes yes! How do I into making a shitcoin?

Let's just say this is precisely what I want, although I feel like we're back to square one here a bit. Honestly I think his idea is to get outside investors in on it anyway at some point, the office thing is just like testing grounds.
It'd have to be external too.
My guess is mid 20's

ok i'm not going to be a weenie here and pretend the idea works. show me some respect and do the same, tell your boss he is a moron and that you've lost your respect for him after consulting with Veeky Forums

you can do whatever you like, I'm grateful for the information you've provided.

>How do I into making a shitcoin?

Clone open source coin, premine, have an ICO (only offer at most half premined coins). Good luck.

I don't know what world you live in where a face like that is mid-20s. . . 25? Dude are u like retarded?

Asians dont show age until BAM all at once sometime in their 30s-40s.

Source: older friends with Asian wives.

Thank you, but we will have to pay fees to the original coin network, right?
>Dude are u like retarded?
It seems to be the general consensus of the thread. I would maintain she's certainly in her 20's with her body shape.

I'm into kpop and jpop, so I know their faces well. You won't find an Asian with a face like that in her 25-27 years.

I mean just look at LiSA and other stars in their upper 20s.

This girl is legit 16 - 17 or maybe even 18, but 18 is cutting it far too close.

no there is no original network in that case. your node will ignore nodes on the original network, and their nodes will do the same.

>a bit of programming experience
>wants to use cryptocurrency when a simple database is the correct solution
I can't code hello world programs in any language without googling it yet even I understand the problem here. What kind of programming background do you have, learning to make Excel formulas in one university course?

Step one- create a shitcoin on walletbuilders
Step two- list it on tradesatoshi

>but we will have to pay fees to the original coin network,

You'll still have to pay mining fees to your outside miners but so long as you premine enough that won't matter.

If your ICO exchanges your coin for ETH, for instance, then you'll have to pay exchange fees but ICOs only last for a short period. They are like an IPO on your traditional exchange.

I think I'm getting conflicting information here, this what I wanted to do from the beginning. I'm going to look into Waves unless someone has a better idea. If I explained myself badly, I'm sorry.
The point is I need to use cryptocurrency, not that I want to.

Let me try to deconstruct why everyone's calling you an idiot into the least common denominator:

Your boss wants the decentralized blockchain benefit of distributing tokens seamlessly over a network, except as a centralized reward system for his company.

Tell your boss that no work is done for free. You need to pay txn fees whether your paying it to Visa, Mastercard, or your Bitcoin network miner. In your bosses bullshit imaginary blockchain, who will do the work of the miners/stakers that powers the network? Oh he wants to set up nodes? Cool, good luck with that. Your employees won't give a fuck to maintain nodes for a worthless coin from a terrible job. Does he want to pay someone to maintain them?

At that point, he's creating a blockchain for a worthless brownie points coin that sounds cringe worthy enough to make them want to quit. Why not just take the easy and cheap route and use a goddamned centralized database like every company already uses.

Talk about creating a pointless problem, just to create a needless solution. Just because he read an article on Ethereum ICOs in last week's Wall Street Journal. (This actually happened.)

Your boss is trying to capitalize on an article he read about Internet money, and he chose you as his Internet monkey.

We are truly in a bubble.

I mean since you don't work in a place like the valley where your company can take on ridiculous projects but still steal millions of usd from investors best you just tell your boss you're hard at work on it and before you know it it will get shitcanned anyway.

btfo

>We are truly in a bubble.

Man. You've no idea. Even in the valley crypto is still rarely talked about much less understood. Once the bubble starts shit will hilariously hit the fan.

>walletbuilders
this looks great! I believe it may be better than what I was looking for.
Thanks. I've got to go to a meeting now to try and explain this shit, I'll read the whole thread again later on if anyone has anything to add

p.s.
fml

Bancor. Wait for eoy normie friendly release.

This kind of community, local currency are literally what BNT was created for. You won't even need to back your token with it, you can use ETH.

>walletbuilders
holy shit the first person who can offer something like this entirely browser-based (eg. nodes, wallets can be run in chrome) will be insanely rich once crypto bubble hits.

Yeah, it's already being created.
bancor.network/bnt
app.bancor.network/discover

idiot you can't do sockets in browsers

>/s
haha, good one...?

Looks like this shitcoin beat yours to it. Losers. medium.com/nimiq-network/introducing-the-browser-based-blockchain-63d408add368

are you retarded?

Wouldn't it just be a thousand times easier for everyone involved to just hand out gift vouchers?