Protein shake

how many protein shakes do you guys drink in a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7YClXUNOPMCGk51Ha9FIdHEWQ0as1lpfKE0pRKWBE/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1, before bed

>falling for the 1g/lb of protein jew

0, I eat food instead, like any smart person.

depends on how may hours i work out, whatever it takes

Two scoops in the morning with oats and eggs

1-2

Depends on my food

Whey is cheaper than regular food sources in most cases

Fuck off nigger.
I drink 2-3 a day. I'm on the road a lot for work so if I don't have access to my planned meal, or don't feel like stopping to eat it, I'll juse have a shake and some fruit and that will normally hold me over. Also usually have one right before bed

same here

4 meals + 4 "500" mil milk + 1 scoop

You guys weigh what, 180-200lbs, that's a fair estimate right? If that's the case, you don't need more than 145-160g of protein per day, which you can easily get from food, and you should have no problem overshooting. Especially if you're trying to gain mass.

what happens if i overshoot and eat more protein than i should?

then save your piss and drink it later for the nutrients

Nothing beneficial or detrimental, at that point it's just better to eat more carbs or fat.

good idea! now to go get a jar..

I only dip into my whey if I'm at the end of the day and I need a lot of calories/protein. Rather eat food

True. Maintainting at 190-195 right now. The whey I use has only 23 grams of protein in it, so it fits in pretty well with the rest of what and how I like to eat. Usually dinner is when I get the majority of my calories. Not doing doing IF, it just works better with my schedule

I take phase 8. One scoop in the morning and one at night. 26g per scoop.

t. dyel summerfag indian

>protein
>shake

Real niggas use greek or any unflavored yogurt with their protein powder. Much better macros and you get to eat a big bowl of choco peanut butter pudding instead of drinking some shitty drink in 5 seconds.

I guarantee I'm bigger, stronger, and whiter than you.

>greek or any unflavored yogurt with their protein powder
yea but that shit takes more time to digest, better eat it for dinner or something

whatever you say pajeet, being an obese powerlifter does qualify you being "bigger" I guess.

0. I just eat food like a normal human.

dis aint place for normies

>protein absorption time

Top olympians don't even take protein powder and eat slow absorbing top tier beef and fish and chicken all day, even after a work out.

That shit's almost purely broscience.

Nigguh, I'm 6'2, 210lbs 13% bf. Your 1rms are my warmups. My ancestry is German and French. You can't compete.

I dunno man, I'm pretty pale

>virgin living in his basement : the post

Not a normie. I just don't waste my money.

Nice try, but I live in beautiful apartment complex (read, no minorities) with ducks, a lake, and pool with my 8/10 fiance.

t. argentina

one, albeit with four or five scoops. Just to get my protein in since we don't eat a lot of meat in my house. Not vegetarians or anything, we just have small portions of meat and large portions of rice/pasta and vegetables.

>not having the fastest acting protein first thing in the morning after an overnight fast
>forcing your muscles to wait for real food to digest

None. I think it's good while cutting but that's about it.

I haven't had a shake in years and I have:

455 deadlift
365 squat
250 bench
165 The Press
200 x3 Power Clean

All while being a 160 pound 5'6 manlet. I just have a balanced diet and it's been working so far.

>200 x3 Power Clean
Does that mean all of others are your 1rm? Kek

Not more than 1 because I'm cutting and they usually have some heavy metals and shit in them.

Yes. I really want a 4plate squat and 2 plate The Press but it is a long road but the Texas Method is helping.

>he thinks you go catabolic after doing the one thing that literally requires the least amount of energy

Maybe if you weren't NEET and slept for 12 hours at a time you wouldn't have this problem.

> 1g/lb protein jew meme in 2016
> buying supplements that aren't roids
Sometimes whey is good though gotta confuse the bowels r-right babe?

shoulda cycled protein like a maniac bruh

I have 3 proteins a day

>top tier chicken
what did he mean by this?

None. I eat protein rich food instead.

Is there a bad time for whey?

4 SCOOPS PER SCOOP
C'MON

Freshly bought organic free range chickens that are fuck huge.

>m-muh buzzwords
>theres 100% no difference at all between the super cost cutted factory rushed chickens and the free range organic grade A ones

Assuming you had infinite resources, you sure as fuck would buy that overpriced shit instead of those 2buck frozen breasts from walmart.

when you're asleep?

I guess you could just dump it in via ng tube though...

>with ducks

2 scoops upon waking mixed with my preworkout. Bitter fruity chocolate is an acquired taste. But if I don't workout upon waking, I'm not working out

It depends ENTIRELY what I have eaten during the day and what will I eat.

That being said, I usually chug a shake while I'm driving home from the gym.

Usually 3 42g protein shakes a day since I eat like shit otherwise.

Your shits won't be nice.

I have a scoop with water and a couple bananas for breakfast.

On gym days(weekdays) I will have a scoop with milk or water after my workout.

So 1-2.

None on weekends if I'm doing something different for breakfast.

0-2, because I mostly mix it into my oats, fudge or other treats I make.
>tfw your dinner is chocolate or peanutbutter fudge and fruit
Living in fucking heaven man.

>not drinking atleast 2 shakes of REAL FOOD per hour

Only as many as I need to reach my protein goal if I haven't with regular food at the end of the day.

nice story abdul, want to bring it back to /b/ ?

None. Don't need them.

is bodyfortress protein shit?

>makes fun of pajeets
>real niggas like me

This is true. IF and excessive protein had me blowing my ass out! I started spreading the meals out and cut the protein back. Problem solved.

no

Yes.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7YClXUNOPMCGk51Ha9FIdHEWQ0as1lpfKE0pRKWBE/edit#gid=0

You only get about 50% of the protein they advertise in the product.

I just started eating an extra meal of eggs and beef every day so none right now. Was having 1 a day with milk and peanut butter though before.

zero, I get my protein from red meat like any real man should.

2, one is my breakfast, the other one is post training and if rest day, usually at 4pm

1-3

i'm poor and i live at home for now

since i get some of my meals for free i can't really bitch too much about what's in them

basically if i get some high carb shit without any real protein i'm eating smaller amounts and compensating with shakes to reach my macros

it's a bitch satiety-wise since i'm cutting but you gotta do what you gotta do

there's actually evidence that up to 2.5 ish grams per kg can be beneficial to muscle building

ITT: retards talking to shitposters

the point of whey is conveniency you tools.
It's just a way to hit your calories doing so with a clean protein rich food

guess what some ppl maybe cut and want to maintain theyr muscle mass you retardes piece of shit

>He thinks that the 1g/lb protein doesn't count for real food as well

What do they mean by protein content per serving? A scoop or the actual mass that should be in a scoop. I wouldn't give 2 shits if the "advertised" scoops aren't as big as they seem. I've noticed this myself even. The scoop you get in a tub of ON only holds like 26-27g of powder when it's advertised that 1 scoop is 29.4g (used to be 31g).

Protein content per serving means, for every scoop of Xg it should contain Yg of protein. Generally a bag/tub will have a recommended serving size, 1 or 2 scoops, a 25g scoop but a recommended serving size of 50g.

I use MyProtein's Impact Whey, it's a 25g scoop and each scoop is advertised (on the bag) to have 20g of protein.

I'd recommend the Whey Isolate personally. 23g protein per 25g serving. Naturally that's for the unflavoured version.

Usually 1, and in most cases, only when it's a necessity to hit my macros.

I bought a 5kg bag, I still have about 2kg left, if not more. I'll have a look at the Isolate when I start to run out. Is there any negatives of the flavoured stuff? And can I still comfortable mix it with milk for an extra 20~g of protein?

why. seriously, why. Isolate doesn't digest better than regular whey protein, it's just marketing.

3 you fucking dyels

On bulk obly from real food.

On cut 3 shakes since one is only like 120 cals.,. 1 in the morning with fruit, 1 at lunch with fruit or without and. 1 casein shake foe bedtime.. Im202 lbs

Also i do 2 scoops since why not ask rich piana why hes so big

Not him, but its a better protein/calorie ratio and less likely to trigger lactose related issues. No use for it myself but I know a lot of people who prefer it for one of those two reasons, especially on a cut.

Seriously, compared to whey, the protein to calorie ratio is better on chicken breast or canned tuna. The only thing whey's got going for it, that it's less expensive per g of protein and it's easier to prepare than chicken. For tuna you only need a fork, but then again all that mercury might be harmful if you eat multiple cans a day. So, I guess what I'm saying is, even on a cut, you should switch up your protein sources, not just stick with whey all the time.

What's the best flavour?
I was leaning towards unflavoured.
I jst think one single flavour would get old quickly, this way I can just add shit to make it what I want, and also there's no added stuff

Bonus question: can creatine be useful for a novice/ intermediate? (more on the novice side)
I'm a recovering skinnyfat

>And my dad can beat your dad
Keked heartly

You are going to overtax your kidneys, you don't need more than 1g per KG per day

Just get vanilla then. Mixes well with other flavors but can also be had by itself

nooope

I don't use creatine. It adds mass to your muscle, but I find it be be low quality muscle. After using it for a year it gave me mushy muscles, even if they're bigger. Now I'm leaner and harder without it

Used to waste $ on suppl for a couple years then realized it's nothing special then I learned to cook unlike the rest of this board

I usually have one right after lunch and one right after my workout

me too because of skin
actually working pretty damn well

>going on a cut
>using any of the powdered jew

I hope that's the topic of your dissertation, because you're definitely gonna get that PhD in Bro Science

damn bby gettin big huh?

[citation needed]

post body or you're full of shit

>yeah nigguh mmmhmm nigguh yeeeeeaaa nigguh
kysmm

most days it's 2x4 scoops (about 80 grams of whey, sometimes there's 1 scoop of casein in the second shake).

I don't eat breakfast (intermittent fasting try), drink one after lunch at my workplace's cafeteria (to ameliorate the macro ratio), and then one in the evening/after training (i train after work).

It's probably too much protein, but I find it really annoying to have to shop and cook and do the dishes so much, so I just tell myself I'm cutting and drink a shake.

No no no,

It's 1 scoop/lb

it compliments your activated almonds