Mental health

Hey /fit

I need some help, hopefully someone has a success story out there regarding dealing with depression. Now i'm not talking about a lull in my mood, or a brief period of light depression. I'm talking about almost a decades worth of constantly battling this grey cloud of pointlessness and suicidal thoughts/attempts.

I don't have any issues with self esteem and I've gotten very fit and healthy to try and combat this problem but nothing works. In short, I just get incredibly depressed by overthinking about life and my job mostly, it just seems so pointless and a waste of my time, but I can relieve my thinking process and I know that things will always pass and can get better, but I can't physically come back from depression once I'm out.

I want to know if anyone has any advice/experience regarding anti-depressants or supplements that helped them with this problem. I take Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Fish oil (3g EPA&DHA) daily and am have ordered some 5-HTP to give a go.

It has to be a physical thing, a chemical thing. Let me know if you've got any info, and post your own mental health Q's here.

Cheers

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/3-reasons-keto-better-for-brain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>He thinks he can escape chronic depression with pills and vitamins
Psychotherapy (not the meme behaviorist kind though) th only option

I think this user's right OP, if it's something you've been experiencing for that long of a period of time, I think professional help is the only way to go

I always recommend Jordan B Peterson to people who are depressed and get philosophic when they think about their life and all that shit. Type his name in youtube and watch whatever catches your interests. His lectures have been profoundly helpful for me. (And a lot of other people)

>Psychotherapy
>professional help

;)

Mdma and meditation

wellbutrin and meditation

ITT: Edgelords

mdma is bittersweet

it's so good but when I'm on it I have massive existential crisis because I realize how depressed and fucked up I am

Like it never really bothers me that I barely leave the house but when I took mdma and thought about that it was so sad and terrifying. realizing how not normal you are

Get a job faggot

i'm guessing this was you as well

well done. feel good belittling the mentally ill?

I strongly recommend going to psychotherapy. You can try coherence therapy. It's extremely effective for these types of things, especially if talk-based therapies have been ineffective in the past.

In the meantime, you can try a book called Unlocking the Emotional Brain by Ecker. Good luck user.

Keto cleared all of that right up. ruled.me/3-reasons-keto-better-for-brain/

Move to a new place and get a good friend group. That really helped me. Start to enjoy the company of others genuinely and those troubles become insignificant after thoughts. Work to be able to do the things you love and afford to go on adventures with your friends. At least that's what I've done, but I'm only 20 though. Also, if you've been like that your whole life sounds like you need a change of perspective and therapy honestly might really help m8. Coming from someone who had suicudal thought since 13. I still get them like once a year for a week or two but I can manage. My family also has a history of mental disorders so it does not make anything easier

Getting a job is what he needs to do

You won't have one shortly friend
:)
Not where you're going

I think I might unironically have high functioning autism (aka aspergers) which is why basically no treatment has worked for my depression and anxiety

Yet you're still here on my cock

You know what troubles me the most? Its when you think that you get out of depressive thoughts and instead go into neutral thoughts about life.

I often encounter times when I dont know what to do, where the modern world is so complicated, that there often is no guide on how to act best. Nothing in my DNA, nothing that society tells me to.

For instance, I once went to a flock of geese. Who around me became agressive or something. So I did the typical threat display that I wasnt afraid of defending myself.

So they dont bite me.

But then what I assume is the alpha duck, walked up to me. And just started to stare at me without moving or doing anything at all.

And I also didnt move or do anything at all.

This continued on for like 20 seconds.

We just stared at eachother. No threats, no sounds. Just looked at eachother. He wasnt pleading for bread. It is as if the duck, or goose in this case was studying me and I was studying it.

Like what the fuck.

and then I imagine that the world is weird, and that every second evolution happens the whole time around us. And that our perspective into reality is but a small fragment of the whole of reality. Since we are meaty brains part of this reality, we only perceive a small part of it. Yet animals, races and other things like our tools (computers) can perceive more of it.

Though I wonder, can a clever alien race appear invisible among us in the places where we cannot see?

Let's observe our subject since we can't do anything ourselves and watch what happens.

I don't hope for a better world for any of you. I enjoy watching negative things happen. Nothing you can do about it so keep with your gangstalking :)

It's rather funny seeing you flunkies everyday thinking they'll be like you. Good little goy the lot of them. Reality is...I could care less about a single one of them :)

You were better off picking me to begin with then the shmucks you have now but oh well. Let the chaos commence

Read the rules and go back to your containment board
saged & reported

Careful now. Wouldn't want to end up missing talking about that now would you

:)

Better go back to talking about muh muscles Mr softee

U wot?

>write story about a goose
>receive something that looks like a personalized threat from a jew

neat

Sarcasm and irony with a side of memes and self deprication got me through bud.

Congrats, you're Veeky Forumszophrenic. Now head back to the snowflake board.

Why are you so worried though jew? Arent you gods chosen one who can never be bested by the goym?

Takes things personal on Veeky Forums and calls them threats
Spotted the new fag
Reddit is that way creampuff ====>

Nothing has been better for my mental health than nofap and regularly getting in the outdoors with sunshine and trees and doggos

> Doesnt understand keks

Back to autism general

Well I am one of the most hard line anti semites, so its quite weird to be singled out on a Veeky Forums board by one of them.

Is it how I write or something? I dont see anyone else being insulted by jews here.

Treatment in the form of therapy is one of the best approaches to treating autism spectrum disorder. If you are a pretty educated user, buy or borrow from library the following book, recommended to me by my psyche:

Cognitive behavioral therapy for Adult As per gets Syndrome by Gaus

This is a book written for clinicians who treat patients with various levels of autism spectrum impairment. Since I do not work in the field, I struggled a little with the terminology and information in this book. Your results may vary.

Muh muh muh muh autism

Good dog

>it has to be a chemical thing
LMAO fucking drug addicts I swear

I could tell right away. You're writing style has philosophical flair, but its very old world fascists.

I take it you're educated as well as fit?

Pretty much yea, good job in recognizing me then. I might have to be a little bit more careful since Veeky Forums is a little bit like the smaller, early /b/ where one can recognize people nearly by their posting style...kek.

Are you sure you're in the right thread, friend?