&Humanities

Is Christianity nearing its end?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/christians/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_growth#Conversion
forbes.com/profile/edir-macedo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't say its nearing its end, but its definitely declining. (((They))) are winning in their battle against our Lord.

No, Christianity is growing quickly, 2nd only to Islam.

(((Is Judaism near its end?)))

Guessing that's due to african birthrates? Christianity has the most people abandoning it.

Surprised they've lasted this long desu.

People are converting to Christianity in Africa and Asia. It's only in Europe and America (and to a minor extend Latin America) that people are abandoning Christianity.

>Asia
No they aren’t, /pol/

>Asia
No they aren’t, /pol/

>By contrast, population growth of Christians in Asia and the Pacific is projected to be higher (33%) than in the region overall (22%).
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/christians/

Asia != “Asia and the Pacific”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_growth#Conversion

>It's been also reported that conversion into Christianity is significantly increasing among Korean, Chinese, and Japanese in the United States. In 2012, the percentage of Christians of these communities were 71%, more than 30% and 37% respectively.
>Due to conversion, the number of Chinese Christians has increased significantly; from 4 million before 1949 to 67 million in 2010.
>Due to conversion, Christianity has grown in South Korea, from 2.0% in 1945 to 29.3% in 2010.
>Protestantism is growing in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Muslim world, and Oceania, while remaining stable or declining in Anglo America and Europe

1 John 17:12
>While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thes 2:3
>Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan

>Christianity growing in third-world superstitious shitholes

That's something to be excited about?

A soul is a soul, whether it's saved in the 1st world or the 3rd world.

Aren't most Christians in those places members of fringe sects that mix local beliefs with Jesus, or churches with controversial beliefs like the Jehovah's Witnesses or Oneness Pentecostals?

Christian birth rate is higher than atheist/agnostic birth rate.

/pol/ is atheist and neopagan. Also nothing about his statement is /pol/. Why is Veeky Forums so cringy?

Closely followed by statism. Watch this space. Original kingships being on the divine right to rule.

They're mostly evangelicals, and Pentecostalism is definitely among the highest growing denominations, but I'm not sure how many of them are Oneness Pentecostals.

No, go back to plebbit
>prediction
Not valid, sorry.

>children who are born of a religious group will be the same religion as their parents forever

This type of church is really expanding in Latin America.

Yeah, atheism and Pentecostalism are seeing strong rises in Latin America lately.

>Edir Macedo, founder of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, is among the richest religious leaders in the world and a Brazilian media mogul to boot. Raised a Catholic, he converted to evangelical Christianity in the early 1970s. In 1977 he founded his own sect in Rio de Janeiro, which follows "prosperity theology," asserting that faith and commitment to a church are rewarded with wealth. In July of 2013 he also became a banker after acquiring a 49% stake in privately-held bank Banco Renner, which boasts among the highest interest rates in Brazil. The transaction raised eyebrows in part because Brazil's central bank treated Macedo as a foreign investor since he is based in the U.S. The bulk of Macedo's fortune stems from his ownership of Rede Record, Brazil's second-largest broadcaster, which he acquired in 1990 from entertainer Silvio Santos. It's unclear how he got the funding to purchase the company: Brazil's Public Ministry has probed into the question for more than ten years while some reports have alleged that he used church funds. Macedo has declined to comment. His media empire also extends to an Atlanta-based Telemundo affiliate, W67CI. In 2014 Macedo inaugurated a huge replica of Solomon's Temple in Sao Paulo, which seats 10,000 congregants and is twice the height of the iconic Christ the Redeemer, located in Rio de Janeiro. The mega-church cost a reported $200 million to build and serves as Universal's headquarters.

forbes.com/profile/edir-macedo/

Not even close. I'd be surprised if it was even an obscurity 300 years from now.

Isn't Oneness Pentecostalism basically just Christianity that gets rid of the Trinity shit that everyone is always complaining about?

AMEN.