Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Russian_War_of_1792
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rus'_Khaganate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Era_of_Stagnation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>what is Kievan Rus
inb4 they weren't Russians

Proto-Russia doesn't count.

They weren't. Russia starts with Kalita.

>Foreigners know better then Russians when Russia started
Nothing to do with politics and Ukraine conflict

>tfw Russian subhumans would've raped that in WW2

How subhumans can possibly win over humans, lol?

Late 18th to late 19th century seems like a fair bet if any.

You mean Germans

Awww, did /pol/ hurt you ? Is that why you've become a bunch of filthy Soviet apologists ?

Early 18th or early 19th century (post Napoleon) are the closest.

Late 18th century was pretty fucking bad.

Late 19th was pretty fucking shit if you were a peasant.

Not a USSR fan, sorry.

Entire 19th century minus the Crimea war.

Who gives about peasants

>Late 18th century was pretty fucking bad.

How so, if I may ask? I don't really know of any major happenings in Russia at that time and I know they partitioned Poland then so I assumed it was going well for them.

Are you denying that German army raped even more than Soviets?

Top notch English but aside from that
>Who gives about peasants
Yeah, why care about the people who made up the majority of the Russian Empire?

You see, golden age is not only about expansion. It's about prosperity of the people and cultural appreciation (Russophilia) by the rest of the world. Russian Empire was pretty backwards all the time in economy, education and technology.

Yes, nobody raped more than the Soviets in WW2, fuck you fight me !

>muh majority
Democrats can go fuck themselv's

>Majority of the population is down the shitter, overburdened by taxes
>Cue 1891 famine
>Cue the fact grain exports still weren't forbidden during famine
>50% if machinery parts are imported into Russia
>Wages about 66% of the west in industries
>Who cares

Don't reply
to the fat green guy

Golden in an entirely Russian fashion...

>vasili my son
>will you chose glorious novgorod republic
>or barbaric asiatic despotism

t. peasant descendant

t. """noble""" person

kek

Said peasants were roaming around in bands fucking shit up and even sieging smaller cities so it wasn't bad just for them.

Catherine the Great wasn't at all great.
Her reign was synonymous with corruption and favoritism, massive amount of cash from the budged and property owned by state was stolen, given out as gifts or used as bribes.
It's pretty much how she got "the Great" title - endless horde of sycophants preaching how awesome she is while sucking on money tits.
She reinforced serfdom and reinforced the rights of nobility (who no longer needed to do anything to deserve them, they became a special privileged class instead of military class) making the life of peasants into a living hell.
Between that and usurping her husbands throne peasants got pretty pissed off which lead to a largest peasant war in Russian history (until revolution) that was fucking up the southern parts of the country.
To deal with the permanent peasant discontent bureaucracy had to be bloated out of the ass with a massive increase in spending.
Completely ignored industrial revolution and economy and was the the first Russian ruler to get the country in a huge fucking debt (partially because of all the bribes she was giving out). The government was minting money like motherfucker to deal with all the bullshit going on so inflation was high as well.
Failed all the attempts at education reform as well, her universities/academies produced zero educated nobles.
Basically the only successes of her reign were military ones and all the new territory and population to tax is how the country was kept afloat. And given she's a woman she doesn't really deserve credit for military successes she didn't participate in.

The country was in a dogshit state at the end of her reign.

>partition poland
>bad
t poolack

I never implied that partitioning Poland or raping Turks were bad things.

hit hte nerv?e

The Soviet Union is the golden age.

Aliceposting is NG.

Absolutely

>Her reign was synonymous with corruption and favoritism
That's like every period in Russian history, lol.

After WW2 USSR was their Golden age.

The fact that Catherine has this kind of reputation should give you an understanding of how bad things were. There's not a single Tsar before her or after who spent multiple yearly budgets (over the course of the reign) on bribes and gifts.

I remember reading memories of some officer from before WW1. Foreign investors were surprised how corrupt is Russia.

Numbers

Meh, on the other hand she did MRGA, and made it as modern as its western European cousins, in addition to critically expanding its territory.

Granted, there's that horse meme.

So if not under her... How about Ivan the Great?

>tfw Russian golden age is destined for the future, because it hasn't happened yet
thanks user for cheering me up.

STALLION'D

>cultural appreciation by the rest of the world
Only cucks want to be liked.

Seizing Ukrainian bread basket for glorious mother Russia doesn't count?!

Culturally it definitely was late 19th-early20th century. Peak power projection was during the cold war. But judging by the prosperity of the common people, it probably has never been better thanit is now.

>1750 to nearly 1850 wasn't Russia but stomping the rest of Europe
>no cultural or political achievements
why would you post bait like this?

It was bad not only for Poland but for Russia also.
The only winner in partitions were Prussia who get richest part and whole Vistula trade.
>had Poland as puppet country ruled by one of your fucktoys
>be so incompetent that instead of keeping beneficial status quo divide it getting poorest parts, loose buffer state and let Prussia double its strength.

USSR was Golden age for Russia undoubtedly.

The Japs would like to have a word with you

Partitions happened after wars and confederations. Poles weren't happy about Russian control.
>ruled by one of your fucktoys
That's oversimplification.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Russian_War_of_1792

Still this shit happen only because Katherine. She lost everything that Peter gain and she handed all of this to Frederick.
Screw Poland - she was disaster for Russia.

>she was disaster for Russia.

By WW1 even Russian nationalists and radical Panslavists wanted to let go off Poland(as a puppet state of course) because it wasn't worth trouble it was causing. More Russian soldiers kept order during 1905 riots in Poland than fought against Japan.
Note the difference from Germany, which would call for extermination of Poles instead.

>no golden age

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rus'_Khaganate

you could consider the soviet union russia's "golden age" because that's the peak of their influence. depends on your definition of a golden age. not every nation has had one.

This

For a peasant it is actually now, no joke. I'm scared the aggressive polshit will screw everything up but it's irrelevant. See, you may get a nice free education and afterwards just fuck off to private businesses being a dentist or a lawyer. No estates of the realm, no glorious party blessing. All you need is good grades back in school.

>thinking the germans can outrape an army 3x bigger than them

>what is 1945 to 1991

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Era_of_Stagnation

The 70s seem like a fair bet

we´re in the middle of it

think again

KUKURUZ
U
K
U
R
U
Z

Catherine wasn't great because that was her nickname while she was still alive. Western philosophers called her that because they were sucking up to her.
I don't know what would happened if Prussia and Russia didn't share a border this thread got me thinking. Prussia had to do it in order to survive. The destruction of Hohenzollern and Romanoff was like a karma for Poland. Habsburgs died too but they deserved it the least.

>But judging by the prosperity of the common people, it probably has never been better thanit is now.

You can say the same about any western empire.

Was the victorian british factory worker living better then than a modern manchester chav?

The thing is Victorian factory workers earned more than farmers in Georgian times. There was a gradual progress. Can't say the same about Russia. Industrial revolution there came late and contributed to the crisis that resulted in revolutions in 1905 and 1917.