...LEMME GET DIS STRAIT...

>Can't rally his own Congress

...DAT WE WUZ...

>Sends 2 delegates to a Central American meeting- one gets lost, one dies

...PREZIDENZ...

>Fails a fuckin bill to increase wool prices

...AN SHIEEEEEEEEET?!?!?!

>Loses 178-83

Can we all just agree that JQA was the biggest cuck to ever hold the presidency? Papa Adams may have looked like a babyface but at least he didn't look like an autistic hobgoblin

Other urls found in this thread:

acsu.buffalo.edu/~jcampbel/documents/SimontonPresIQ2006.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JQA was arguably the most qualified individual to ever be elected president he had the brains, the experience, the temperament and the pedigree
he belonged to the previous era that revolved around honor, dignity and merit and was washed away by the new era of image and bluster that Jackson was particularly suited for

>Honor and dignity
>Wins the election through the Corrupt Bargain

This. Second party system wordt day of my life. Ironically van Buren was the master of this system abd was Jacksons manipulator but he himself had the economy backfire on him as president

>Wins the election through the Corrupt Bargain
can someone explain this meme to me? I'm severely lacking in my knowledge of this shit

in the election Jackson won a plurality of votes cast but not a majority in the electoral college so as per constitutional procedure the election was settled by a vote in the House of Representatives where JQA would win after speaker of the house Henry Clay would rally support for Adams. Jackson characterized the contingent election in the house as corrupt because he felt he deserved to win since he had received the most votes and that the people's will had be stymied by backroom politics.

how is this a corrupt backhand deal?

Ah, yes, okay. I remember a bit now. I'm entry level Jackson stuff. Mostly for the meme like pic related.

but I do have to ask too

>had the brains, the experience, the temperament and the pedigree
he was literally a product of incest

Jackson portrayed it as corrupt because he had won the most votes in the general election by a considerable margin so he felt it was the people's will that he should be elected. When the HoR came down for Adams in large part because of Clay's substantial efforts to bring support to Adams side among his fellow representations (and who had a personal animus against Jackson and his platform) Jackson felt he had been robbed by a conniving anti-democratic political class and condemned the result as corrupt.

in the so-called populist politics of the age, when electoral colleges were increasingly being bound by the popular vote instead of the electors voting according to conscience or patronage politics, it was seen as anti-democratic when white male suffrage was starting to be equated with "popular sovereignty" and thus true political legitimacy. To be voted without this was illegitimate. Similar how Bush and Trump presidencies are seen in some democratic circles as illegitimate cause they lost the popular vote

What? In intellect, he was nowhere near Jefferson or Madison.

He spoke something like 5 languages fluently and was perhaps the greatest secretary of state and diplomat to that point in American history and one of the best ever and was a voracious reader. There was also some study on Presidential IQs and JQA was estimated to have the highest IQ of any US president, which while not perhaps entirely accurate is at least indicative of his immense intelligence,

acsu.buffalo.edu/~jcampbel/documents/SimontonPresIQ2006.pdf

>anti-democratic
I suddenly find my love of Jackson lessened.

Also, any good reads for Jackson? I have that American Lion, but I've been trying to get through my back catalog of books before I get to that.

>Trump
>popular vote
Where's the guy to bring up the illegal votes making that "popular vote" illegitimate?

>iqs in retrospect
And nothing you mentioned approaches madison and jefferson's accomplishments
>five languages
Kek, I know people who speak six or seven. It's not the best test of genius.

I'm not going to argue that Jefferson and Madison weren't more impactful as political figures, but a greater impact on US history does not necessarily mean a greater intelligence. Raw intelligence wise a relative non-figure like William Walker was probably more brilliant than any president. JQA was arguably more brilliant in terms of both raw intellect and learning than Jefferson and Madison even if an exact IQ can't be ascertained. He certainly wasn't 'nowhere close' to them.

Because JQA picked Clay to be his secretary of state. It looked like Quid Pro Quo

>but a greater impact on US history
Literally no one mentioned this. They accomplished feats that were utterly out of his reach. JQA could not have written a constitution and you haven't really given me a single genius level achievement of his.
>He certainly wasn't 'nowhere close' to them.
He never displayed anything even close to their abilities. He's an unremarkable man imo, even someone like Jefferson Davis is above him..

I think your criteria is wrong when you're basically arguing "because he didn't write the constitution so he couldnt have". JQA was a Harvard graduate, studied all over the world, was fluent in more languages than Madison or Jefferson, first-rate legal mind who argued before the supreme court and won, authored the monroe doctrine, and generally showed great aptitude at everything he put his mind towards. His prodigious intelligence was generally evident to his peers and to his biographers which is why his name seems to come up at the very top of every tentative ranking of presidential smarts.

is this a joke or are you unironically /pol/

both?

Even if I didn't browse /pol/ from time to time I would say that. If you've been following the legit government sanctioned investigation you'd know there's voter fraud all over the place.

>Even if I didn't browse /pol/ from time to time I would say that.
no you wouldn't. Shillary was awful but she won the popular vote.

> If you've been following the legit government sanctioned investigation
are you getting your news from the national enquirer?

Cobbett's life of jackson

As I've already stated, that isn't my point. You haven't pointed to a single accomplishment that indicates Adams could have written a declaration.

By the way, Madison spoke Greek, Latin, and Hebrew by 19. Adams was still struggling with his languages in middle age.

Thank god we have fucks like you to support voter fraud commissions that are really just focused on collecting the private information of voters for "fraudulent voting checking purposes only". fuck you